Rush - Cygnus X-1 played by Katy Perry's Band

YYZumbi

I'm surprised she even knows who Rush is to be honest...we're really only famous in the Rock world haha

What an odd cover choice. Even more odd is that they could have played one of the big hits, like Spirit Of Radio, or Tom Sawyer, or Limelight... and they play CYGNUS X-1.

Odd covers? I saw a cover band that rotated through several bands once. Only Rush song played? Necromancer.

What an odd cover choice. Even more odd is that they could have played one of the big hits, like Spirit Of Radio, or Tom Sawyer, or Limelight... and they play CYGNUS X-1.

The obvious choices are boring. Breaking out Cygnus X-1 is pretty sweet.

• Like 2

I'm surprised she even knows who Rush is to be honest...we're really only famous in the Rock world haha

I wouldn't assume she does just because the band played a song part

• Like 1

My main thought after watching that clip was...left handed Les Pauls just look weird :blink:
  • Like 1

Odd covers? I saw a cover band that rotated through several bands once. Only Rush song played? Necromancer.

That is an odd choice.

I thought this was a hoax?

Isn't it just a mash-up of Katy Perry's band with Cygnus X-1 overdubbed on top?

Argument for it being a mash-up: the camera is never on anyone long enough to see if they're playing the actual song.

Argument against it being a mash-up: the key is different.

I thought this was a hoax?

Isn't it just a mash-up of Katy Perry's band with Cygnus X-1 overdubbed on top?

Argument for it being a mash-up: the camera is never on anyone long enough to see if they're playing the actual song.

Argument against it being a mash-up: the key is different.

Another argument against it being a mash-up: There are clips from other concerts where they

. (Also played in the key of A instead of E.)
  • Like 1

The guys in her band are all too notch session guys I'm sure. Not surprising they played that.

Indeed. Remember Atomic Kitten? Same deal I'd imagine. (Scroll to 2 minutes if you don't want to listen to a Motown classic being murdered)...

Edited by Lurkst