What would Rush think of TRF?

BassMasterGeneral

So, going by what gets posted here, threads about Geddy's hair, Threads about Alex's PJ's, and countless threads about Neil. What would the band think of these forums?

Do you think they'd be creeped out, amused? Flattered? We should get someone to do this.

They would have very mixed emotions, depending on how many posts they read.

Above all, they would be very disgusted by the childish bashing and slandering of Neil.

• Like 3

Above all, they would be very disgusted by the childish bashing and slandering of Neil.

Oh shut up. You have no idea what they would think about anything
  • Like 1

Rush is the amalgam of at least four ( including Terry Brown ) distinct personalities, each one bringing his own story, his own baggage, his own fire to the mix ..

If you're asking me ( and you just did ), I'd say the boys would think that we're a chip off the old block

Proud parents, in a way

The fact that Neil has been photoshopped the most here would probably make for a good laugh

• Like 2

I'll give my opinion anytime I want.

Go f*ck yourself.

• Like 1

Rush are not special people other than their creative ability. They have the same failings as the rest of us, judgemental, argumentative and confrontational.

Peart is judgemental that's a fact. Alex Lifeson got into an altercation with the police in Florida and we've seen evidence of him being disrespectful to his parents. Geddy Lee admits to giving his mother a whole lot of shit to deal with after the death of his father.

Ok, so that's not much but it is as much as we know.

Many here will remember the incident at Freddy Gruber's birthday party that led to an online spat across here and Counterparts Forum between a character called "Joesmechanic" and Michael Mosbach and other representatives of Neil Peart's inner circle one of whom may have been his wife Carrie. The exchanges were as heated as any of the ones you'll read in certain threads here and that's because they are just people doing what people do.

As for being "disgusted by the childish slandering of Neil" I think they would be completely immune to that now. They are probably more embarrassed by the fawning and worship.

True fact. I was once thanked via PM by a member of Peart's entourage, who may have been Carrie, for taking on and taking the the piss out of the Joesmechanic character, just as I take the piss out of some of you. I also had an offline spat with Mr Mosbach about the same subject. (Over at Counterparts, not here)

So the belligerence is good when it defends the band and terrible when it doesn't.

• Like 5

Go f*ck yourself.

Very principled.

• Like 1

Go f*ck yourself.

Shh we're all friends here, no need for that, in my short time here I have not seen a single insidious argument and I like that, so let's keep it friendly. :)

• Like 1

Rush are not special people other than their creative ability. They have the same failings as the rest of us...

SIEZE HIM!!!

I'd hope they would realize we need new material and get working on it post haste.

The band is well aware of the existence of rush online fandom. I don't give a shit what they think about what is written here or elsewhere. They aren't worried about it when they need us to buy their books, music, DVDs, etc.
  • Like 6

Rush are not special people other than their creative ability. They have the same failings as the rest of us, judgemental, argumentative and confrontational.

Peart is judgemental that's a fact. Alex Lifeson got into an altercation with the police in Florida and we've seen evidence of him being disrespectful to his parents. Geddy Lee admits to giving his mother a whole lot of shit to deal with after the death of his father.

Ok, so that's not much but it is as much as we know.

Many here will remember the incident at Freddy Gruber's birthday party that led to an online spat across here and Counterparts Forum between a character called "Joesmechanic" and Michael Mosbach and other representatives of Neil Peart's inner circle one of whom may have been his wife Carrie. The exchanges were as heated as any of the ones you'll read in certain threads here and that's because they are just people doing what people do.

As for being "disgusted by the childish slandering of Neil" I think they would be completely immune to that now. They are probably more embarrassed by the fawning and worship.

True fact. I was once thanked via PM by a member of Peart's entourage, who may have been Carrie, for taking on and taking the the piss out of the Joesmechanic character, just as I take the piss out of some of you. I also had an offline spat with Mr Mosbach about the same subject. (Over at Counterparts, not here)

So the belligerence is good when it defends the band and terrible when it doesn't.

http://media.jrn.com/images/0401004ns-rushfolo_5216397_ver1.0_640_480.jpg This one? lmao

So, going by what gets posted here, threads about Geddy's hair, Threads about Alex's PJ's, and countless threads about Neil. What would the band think of these forums?

Do you think they'd be creeped out, amused? Flattered? We should get someone to do this.

There was a thread about Alex's jammies? How did I miss that? :D

As Tony mentioned above, there has been evidence in the past that the inner Rush circle (real inner circle, not people that get on and say they are . . ) if not Geddy, Alex, and Neil themselves are here from time to time. The thing I can think of right now is when an unauthorized photo of one of Neil's R40 drum kits got out very early last year and was up here for like less than 24 hrs before 73 said he heard from Toronto to take it down immediately.

Geddy, Alex, and Neil decided a long time ago to make their living in a public forum and have had to make their own peace with that; two of them obviously have had an easier time than the third. The nature of the internet changed that somewhat but life goes on. I hope they would be glad that we fans have found each other? I dunno.

• Like 3

How aboot a list of the true RUSH insider usernames??? So when they are logged in I can be on my best behavior and not walking around shirtless in just my tighty whities.
  • Like 2

Go f*ck yourself.

You made a statement of fact

Go f*ck yourself.

Very principled.

They don,t even know you exist, little man.

True fact. I was once thanked via PM by a member of Peart's entourage, who may have been Carrie, for taking on and taking the the piss out of the Joesmechanic character, just as I take the piss out of some of you.

LOL. You're a special little man, aren't ya, kid.

It wasn't Carrie. :)

True fact. I was once thanked via PM by a member of Peart's entourage, who may have been Carrie, for taking on and taking the the piss out of the Joesmechanic character, just as I take the piss out of some of you.

LOL. You're a special little man, aren't ya, kid.

It wasn't Carrie. :)

I didn't say it was, old fella.

I don't know about the rest of you but they'd LOVE the one called treeduck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Like 3

I don't know about the rest of you but they'd LOVE the one calledtreeduck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Until they see he's a Saints fan and pity him!

• Like 1

I don't know about the rest of you but they'd LOVE the one calledtreeduck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile they'll just laugh at you and your pathetic Bears! :banana:

Meanwhile they'll just laugh at you and your pathetic Bears! :banana:

Gah, they probably don't even know what football is!

• Like 1