Neil Peart #4

JohnRogers

Rolling Stone's Top 100 Drumers. Peart makes the top ten at four. Behind Ginger Baker, Keith Moon and John Bonham. Fair???

Chime in but no herpes.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-drummers-of-all-time-20160331

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 1

The only drummers I'd possibly put above Peart are not Baker, Bonham and Moon (as great as they all were). Bill Bruford, Vinnie Colaiuta, Tony Williams...I'd entertain those.
  • Like 1

The only drummers I'd possibly put above Peart are not Baker, Bonham and Moon (as great as they all were). Bill Bruford, Vinnie Colaiuta, Tony Williams...I'd entertain those.

Lists like this virtually always favor the more successful and those in the rock genre.

• Like 2

Lists like this virtually always favor the more successful and those in the rock genre.

Says the guy who penned the worst thread EVER!!!

• Like 1

Which thread was that? His underrated drummer thread?

:codger: Having given this thirty seconds more thought, death may be having an unfair advantage here.

If Bonzo and Moonie were still alive, I wonder where they'd be on the list.

I'd put them above Peart still

I'm not challenging your post, but I am wondering why you say that. What makes them better drummers?

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/96061-neil-peart-most-overrated-drummer-ever/#entry3753307

I'd wager this guy has never even been to a RUSH show!

• Like 1

http://www.therushfo...r/#entry3753307

I'd wager this guy has never even been to a RUSH show!

I exasperate even me. :sigh: That's the thread I meant.

But someone claiming to be LedRush was at the Tulsa show. I know this for a fact because I saw a picture that Tex posted claiming it was of him and Led. If we can get a hold of his DNA, we may be able to get to the bottom of this.

• Like 1

I actually think Neil should be #1. He's so much more technical than the first 3 and he has never passed out mid-show from animal tranquilizers! :D IDK if he made the list or not, but I also have a special place in my heart for Carter Beauford.

What are the Rolling Stone ratings based on? Subscriber votes? Editors choice?

I actually think Neil should be #1. He's so much more technical than the first 3 and he has never passed out mid-show from animal tranquilizers! :D IDK if he made the list or not, but I also have a special place in my heart for Carter Beauford.

What are the Rolling Stone ratings based on? Subscriber votes? Editors choice?

Body of work should be important. Looks like writers and editors those types who came up with the list. Not a fan poll.

• Like 1

:codger: Having given this thirty seconds more thought, death may be having an unfair advantage here.

If Bonzo and Moonie were still alive, I wonder where they'd be on the list.

The only perk of dying young is to be historically over-rated.

I love Zep but never understood the Bonzo love. He is very good, but alot of his work appears, at least to the non technical fan, to be fairly straight forward drumming.

Peart is like a symphony, and every single fill is different!

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 4