Say nice things about your least favorite Rush album

Day of Light

Okay, a few things...

- Rush learned not to ever do another rap after just one attempt.

- I like the theme of that album that I refuse to say.

- "A random universe doesn't have to be futile; we can change the odds, load the dice, and roll again..." - Neil Peart

Elegantly stated. I love that record. Minus the rap. Just a sign of the times. Rush loves to be trendy at least with one song. "Roll The Bones" and "Stick It Out" come to mind. So one could deduce that when Rush writes a "trendy" song to go along with that time frame it fuckking sucks.

• Like 1

Okay, a few things...

- "A random universe doesn't have to be futile; we can change the odds, load the dice, and roll again..." - Neil Peart

Elegantly stated. I love that record. Minus the rap. Just a sign of the times. Rush loves to be trendy at least with one song. "Roll The Bones" and "Stick It Out" come to mind. So one could deduce that when Rush writes a "trendy" song to go along with that time frame it fuckking sucks.

Bravado solo live is quality Lifeson. Worlds apart from the 70s & early 80s stuff BUT the thoughtfulness is still there...yet it seems like he crafted it on the spot without much thought. Complicated.

Okay, a few things...

Bravado solo live is quality Lifeson. Worlds apart from the 70s & early 80s stuff BUT the thoughtfulness is still there...yet it seems like he crafted it on the spot without much thought. Complicated.

I agree! Actually love love Neil's drumming on "Bravado" even though it sounds like a cheesy Journey song.

The theme of that album is excellent hence "Face Up" is one of my faves. It must be the drummer in me.

• Like 1

I'm glad they didn't start their career with it.

The irony of Rush then is that they stated out with their debut that was clearly a Led Zep rip off. However EPIC.

Then Neil came in and changed the entire dynamic to nerd power prog rock for necromantic nerds.

Then came Steel. A record that I love every single note on yet Mercury Records had their empty suit assheads so far shoved down their ignorant radical rectums that they had no clue about the greatness of the band until 2112.

Funny how 2112 saved Rush, just as Tommy saved The Who in 1969. Concept albums saves bands in the commercial cesspool of corporate whorism. Gosh I love irony.

Okay, a few things...

I agree! Actually love love Neil's drumming on "Bravado" even though it sounds like a cheesy Journey song.

The theme of that album is excellent hence "Face Up" is one of my faves. It must be the drummer in me.

Face Up...hmm...say nice things eh...hmm...well, I like the drums in that song

• Like 1

Okay, a few things...

Face Up...hmm...say nice things eh...hmm...well, I like the drums in that song

Hahaha! Precisely my Dear Johnny Watson! Precision on the drums.

Counterparts is (marginally) better than being hung upside down, beaten with a knotted rope, and having your genitals wired up to a car battery...
  • Like 1

Counterparts is (marginally) better than being hung upside down, beaten with a knotted rope, and having your genitals wired up to a car battery...

Hahahahahaha!!! Jesus Fridge, one of your best posts. Fuckking classic.

Ironically this is my last favorite album by them.

Minus "The Speed Of Love." and "Stick It In." Story of my life. LOL

• Like 1

The opening riff to Show Don't Tell is pretty cool. Made me think, "Nice, they are trying to get back to their metal roots, put the guitar in the forefront, and throw the keyboards in the dumpster where they belong."

But then the first verse starts.

• Like 1

If I searched through all my music for an hour or two...I might be able to find my Test For Echo CD.

Hey, I still own it.

I think. :huh:

Feedback doesn't count!

And why does not Feedback count!?

Feedback is cover songs. It's not original Rush material, so rating it against the other Rush material is irrelevant.

Feedback doesn't count it's just a fun little experiment.

They only refer to it as an album I think because Clockwork Angels looked more impressive advertised as a "20th studio album". Which is sort of misleading.

Every band plus their fat aunt released a covers album in the early to mid 00's.

They only refer to it as an album I think because Clockwork Angels looked more impressive advertised as a "20th studio album". Which is sort of misleading.

Every band plus their fat aunt released a covers album in the early to mid 00's.

and someone's fat aunt's covers album was probably better than feedback!

• Like 1

and someone's fat aunt's covers album was probably better than feedback!

You should hear my AuntRubyBlaze's cover of Pink Floyd's "Dogs". 60 years and 100 kilos of emotive awesome! j/k