Say nice things about your least favorite Rush album

Day of Light

How can any TrueRushFan completely dislike any Rush album is what I want to know.

Doesn't every Rush album have at least a few songs you like?

Yes, even Counterparts.

There's always hope! ;)

I don't care especially for Power Windows, but it is on my list of "things to do" this week to give it a another listen. :)

In fact, I think I will do that right now. I'll report back later. :cool:

• Like 2

I get to hear Geddy advise us to "stick it out", moan, and say "penetrate".

And then....soooo tiiiiiiiight!

I hate this song even more than I realised.

The 'so tight' bit is actually in Double Agent, and not Stick it Out.

• Like 1

I was trying to piece the song together in my mind and it wasn't working! Now I know why!

I won't replay Stick It Out though. Arg that song makes me so angry that I want to shoot cute things.

*myself hehehe*

I was trying to piece the song together in my mind and it wasn't working! Now I know why!

I won't replay Stick It Out though. Arg that song makes me so angry that I want to shoot cute things.

*myself hehehe*

I thought we were doing the whole album...I thought the penetrate thing was from Animate. I could listen to the songs again, but Stick It Out is perhaps the worst song on Rush's worst album, so I'll pass.

Edited by LedRush
  • Like 1

How can any TrueRushFan completely dislike any Rush album is what I want to know.

Doesn't every Rush album have at least a few songs you like?

Yes, even Counterparts.

There's always hope! ;)

I don't care especially for Power Windows, but it is on my list of "things to do" this week to give it a another listen. :)

In fact, I think I will do that right now. I'll report back later. :cool:

How was PoW? Is it still "meh"? It's one of my favorites!

Whats so bad about Stick It Out?? Its no worse that half the other crap on this album?

I dislike all the bad songs on that album equally

Whats so bad about Stick It Out?? Its no worse that half the other crap on this album?

Plodding, boring, and an affront to my ears.

I like and love most of the album, I hate this song. It is the only Rush song I truly hate. Nothing else even approaches strong dislike! (Actually as I type that You Bet Your Life came to mind).

Counterparts is an odd album, but a good one.

I like and love most of the album, I hate this song. It is the only Rush song I truly hate. Nothing else even approaches strong dislike! (Actually as I type that You Bet Your Life came to mind).

I loved the return to a harder louder sound on that album but didn't care much for many of the lyrics or themes.

• Like 2

I loved the return to a harder louder sound on that album but didn't care much for many of the lyrics or themes.

They are for the most part pretty bad...again I prefer the silliness of Test For Echo to the try-hard feel of this album.

• Like 1

*myself hehehe*

I like Stick it Out. I like most of that album. I do not care for Nobody's Hero and The Speed of Love. But the rest I like. Its better than RtB.

*myself hehehe*

I like Stick it Out. I like most of that album. I do not care for Nobody's Hero and The Speed of Love. But the rest I like. Its better than RtB.

Cut To The Chase and especially Between Sun&Moon are very good. Never understood why BS&M wasnt played live until Vapor Trails tour and then forgotten about again

Edited by jnoble
  • Like 1

*myself hehehe*

Cut To The Chase and especially Between Sun&Moon are very good. Never understood why BS&M wasnt played live until Vapor Trails tour and then forgotten about again

Those two songs are the best on the album.

• Like 1

My least favourite Rush album is way better than a favourite album by any other band! :madra:

I cannot make that claim. SnA falls far short of a lot of my faves by other artists. But since the theme is to say something nice about our least fave album, I will say that SnA has a cool cover, nice production (one of their best sounding albums), and Far Cry and Main Monkey Business are modern Rush classics. As for the rest of the album... I listen just to see if my opinion has changed or been swayed since the previous time I listened. Or if my wife wants to hear Workin' Them Angels. I can tolerate that one.

• Like 2

Geddy's keyboard work isn't interesting enough for me to enjoy on this particular album.

I hate Chemistry and Digital Man and the verses of The Analog Kid do little for me.

Subdivisions is a song I can enjoy but mostly in a live recording. New World Man is embarrassing but I can enjoy it in the right mood.

The Weapon is fine but not as great as this forum says.

Losing It is a masterpiece and Countdown is fantastic.

I know this album inside out and I don't particularly like it.

Terry Brown should have left before this record and they should have got someone who understood better what they wanted.

Never thought I'd find someone to agree withe me on these points (although "hate" may be a strong word; I am just not really a fan of those two...when my local Rush tribute band played them recently, I gave them the evil eye the whole time).

Edited by Xanadu
  • Like 1

Vapor Trails makes a great Frisbee

Your face makes a nice dart board

Hehehehe

If Vapor Trails is so good, how come my pawn shop has 14 copies of it?

But no Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Hemispheres or AFTK ?

Vapor Trails makes a great Frisbee

Your face makes a nice dart board

Hehehehe

If Vapor Trails is so good, how come my pawn shop has 14 copies of it?

Folks got the remastered copy of course! :ebert:

VT is a great album. :haz:

• Like 1

It's red

which is a nice color.

I like the title.

Sounds cool.

And I like the spheres...those are kinda cool looking, the 3-D effect and all.

Turn the Page is a cool song. Good lyrics.

• Like 1

Hey - I like Counterparts! Have I said it loud enough?

well, actually I like most of Counterparts! I must correct myself.

• Like 1

Geddy's keyboard work isn't interesting enough for me to enjoy on this particular album.

I hate Chemistry and Digital Man and the verses of The Analog Kid do little for me.

Subdivisions is a song I can enjoy but mostly in a live recording. New World Man is embarrassing but I can enjoy it in the right mood.

The Weapon is fine but not as great as this forum says.

Losing It is a masterpiece and Countdown is fantastic.

I know this album inside out and I don't particularly like it.

Terry Brown should have left before this record and they should have got someone who understood better what they wanted.

Never thought I'd find someone to agree withe me on these points (although "hate" may be a strong word; I am just not really a fan of those two...when my local Rush tribute band played them recently, I gave them the evil eye the whole time).

Hate is too strong a word.

I was getting sick of being told I should love the album and it heated my negative feel towards the record even more.

My least favourite Rush album is way better than a favourite album by any other band! :madra:

All of my favourite bands have least worthy albums superior to Signals, Counterparts, Roll The Bones and albums I love even more than the best of Rush, so afraid I don't have these feelings at all haha!

• Like 1