can we fix Presto's brightness problem?

barry123

I don't know about its brightness but I could sure do with a fix for its shiteness.

Other than tossing it, that is.

Shame on you Tony! You must be typing about "Vapor Trails!" No brightness. All shitness!

My Vapor Trails cd made a great frisbee.

Turn it up and use headphones that are worth more than the plastic it took to make them.

Yes, Presto is a real treat to listen to on headphones.

Are you serious or mocking me???

I wish I understood what Fridge had posted. He attempted a serious solution.

I had a go at Chain Lightning, and found it was relatively easy to alter most of the sound, but the drums remain very bright regardless...i think you would need to actually have the master recording itself to fix this.

I don't know about its brightness but I could sure do with a fix for its shiteness.

Shame on you Tony! You must be typing about "Vapor Trails!" No brightness. All shitness!

I returned mine as defective and got my money back. Fortunately they gave me what it cost rather than what it was worth.

• Like 1

Roll the Bones sucks. Nothin we can do about it. The songs just arent there.

Pretty darn good live last tour.

I saw Primus open for Rush on the "Roll The Bones" Tour! I WAS IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!! FUKK YES!! BEST DOUBLE BILL EVER!

Wish I'd seen Primus then. Got stuck with Vinnie Moore (twice) and Mr. Big (three times) Not exactly my idea of fun.

• Like 1

I saw Primus open for Rush on the "Roll The Bones" Tour! I WAS IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!! FUKK YES!! BEST DOUBLE BILL EVER!

Wish I'd seen Primus then. Got stuck with Vinnie Moore (twice) and Mr. Big (three times) Not exactly my idea of fun.

Thanks! Primus and Rush together was pure bliss. I am so sorry about the openers you saw. I like Moore but he's nothing special. The UFO albums he is on are nothing special too.

So yeah I get it about MR BIG. I hate that band. I saw them open for RUSH on the "Presto" tour four times. I wanted to puke. I should have showed up later. I was so sick of Paul Gilbert's drill guitar solo. So sick of Eric Martin yelling into the Rush crowd..... "ARE YOU ADDICTED TO RUSH????" Then of course they went right into "Addicted To That Rush." Drove me nucking futs!

I actually met Eric Martin once at a Y&T show. I'm friends with the band so I hung out with everyone. Eric was fuckking wasted. He kept hitting on my wife. He wanted to give her a kiss. I was going to give him a knuckle sandwich. Instead the son of a gun went up to me and KISSED ME!!!!

I was totally grossed out. I remained calm though since we were in a public restaurant. I just laughed it off.

Unreal.

Thanks! Primus and Rush together was pure bliss. I am so sorry about the openers you saw. I like Moore but he's nothing special. The UFO albums he is on are nothing special too.

So yeah I get it about MR BIG. I hate that band. I saw them open for RUSH on the "Presto" tour four times. I wanted to puke. I should have showed up later. I was so sick of Paul Gilbert's drill guitar solo. So sick of Eric Martin yelling into the Rush crowd..... "ARE YOU ADDICTED TO RUSH????" Then of course they went right into "Addicted To That Rush." Drove me nucking futs!

I actually met Eric Martin once at a Y&T show. I'm friends with the band so I hung out with everyone. Eric was fuckking wasted. He kept hitting on my wife. He wanted to give her a kiss. I was going to give him a knuckle sandwich.

I've got a similar story about John Sykes. My band opened for him at a club. After the gig, he was totally hitting on my GF while I'm standing right there trying to be appreciative of the opportunity. I kept my cool but it was hard. Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

I actually met Eric Martin once at a Y&T show. I'm friends with the band so I hung out with everyone. Eric was fuckking wasted. He kept hitting on my wife. He wanted to give her a kiss. I was going to give him a knuckle sandwich.

I've got a similar story about John Sykes. My band opened for him at a club. After the gig, he was totally hitting on my GF while I'm standing right there trying to be appreciative of the opportunity. I kept my cool but it was hard.

That's totally cool buddy and I totally get it. What a dickhead. I love Sykes too. That's awesome that you opened for him! I'm proud of you for keeping your cool. It is tough man. Speaking of Sykes what the hell happened to him? One of the greatest guitar players on the planet just vanishes!

I remember he was going to play a few shows in LA like three years ago. I bought my ticket and airfare. The tit cancels.

Then I hear that he was going to be in the "Whinery" Dogs. He bailed.

What's going on which him dude? Is he sick?

• Like 1

I've got a similar story about John Sykes. My band opened for him at a club. After the gig, he was totally hitting on my GF while I'm standing right there trying to be appreciative of the opportunity. I kept my cool but it was hard.

That's totally cool buddy and I totally get it. What a dickhead. I love Sykes too. That's awesome that you opened for him! I'm proud of you for keeping your cool. It is tough man. Speaking of Sykes what the hell happened to him? One of the greatest guitar players on the planet just vanishes!

I remember he was going to play a few shows in LA like three years ago. I bought my ticket and airfare. The tit cancels.

Then I hear that he was going to be in the "Whinery" Dogs. He bailed.

What's going on which him dude? Is he sick?

No clue. I had no idea he could sing though...that was impressive. Otherwise, dude was an asshat

I returned mine as defective and got my money back. Fortunately they gave me what it cost rather than what it was worth.

You are very lucky Tony. I was the master of returns back in the day, but then they caught on over the years. If I returned an open cd claiming it was defective they would grab a new cd and open it and give that one to me.

Gosh I had it made back then. Rasputin's Tower, Record Exchange, Record Factory, Rainbow Records, Amoeba, Banana Records, CD Warehouse, The Wherehouse. Music Town. All of those records stores are gone except for Amoeba and Raspy's. Damn I had it made. 10 record stores to go to back in the day.

"Where Have All The Good Times Gone?"

I actually met Eric Martin once at a Y&T show. I'm friends with the band so I hung out with everyone. Eric was fuckking wasted. He kept hitting on my wife. He wanted to give her a kiss. I was going to give him a knuckle sandwich. Instead the son of a gun went up to me and KISSED ME!!!!

I was totally grossed out. I remained calm though since we were in a public restaurant. I just laughed it off.

Unreal.

Yikes!

Yeah. Mr. Big holds the distinction of being the band I've seen the most (6 times) that I had zero interest in seeing. I like Gilbert and Sheehan individually, but not in that band. John Wesley is a distant second at two.

Unreal.

Yikes!

Yeah. Mr. Big holds the distinction of being the band I've seen the most (6 times) that I had zero interest in seeing. I like Gilbert and Sheehan individually, but not in that band. John Wesley is a distant second at two.

I totally agree. I love Sheehan. David Lee Roth. Winery Dogs is ok. Solo stuff ok. Talas stuff awesome!

Paul Gilbert. Love Racer X and his solo stuff.

Wesley's solo stuff to me is weak. I have the newest album with Lifeson on it. It's ok. But when Wilson hired him to travel with PT I loved it.

• Like 1

One of my best buddies is good friends with John. I was able to go backstage and meet him. Nice guy. Wilson was nowhere to be seen.

Think I met him once VERY briefly. He is a nice guy. Just not a fan of most of his work.

One of my best buddies is good friends with John. I was able to go backstage and meet him. Nice guy. Wilson was nowhere to be seen.

Think I met him once VERY briefly. He is a nice guy. Just not a fan of most of his work.

I totally agree. I am not a fan of his solo work at all.

Turn it up and use headphones that are worth more than the plastic it took to make them.

Yes

• Like 1

Yes

Great thanks...wait what?

• Like 2

Yes

Great thanks...wait what?

:laughing guy:

You guys are cracking me up over here.

In all seriousness- I should listen to Presto on my good headphones. I would think it's even better that way than how I usually hear it.

I might even listen to Superconductor and Anagram all the way through!

(Great record...but those two, I usually skip).

There's nothing wrong with Presto a good shredder can't fix.

YOU AGAIN! Just stay away from my Chicago Presto Convention this spring. I can't be responsible if someone punches you in the throat!

I had a dream aboot Presto. Nancy Wilson of Heart of hosting a documentary on RUSH and she went on and on how the album was so significant. There was a lot of rabbit imigary and a Watership Down quote.

Everybody agrees that Presto is overwhelming in treble and lacking in bottom end. The first two seconds of "Chain Lightning" nearly made my eardrums bleed. I wonder if anybody here has used wavlab or similar to tone down the treble and beef up the bass for that album, and if so, did the results sound acceptable or did it just turn into a muddy mess.

Thanks for asking. I hoped for a serious answer but you never get one from these people. Ugh their sarcasm gets old fast.

If you put cotton balls in your ears and increase your intra-abdominal pressure, you know like you're trying to fart, it sounds more ballsy.