Some outlet reads the RS article as Alex confirming Rush is done touring completely

zappafrank

:facepalm: This is trending on Book of Face.

But they've always gone into this saying maybe a residency or something.

They have? I must've missed that news about them stating something about a residency. I didn't think that would suit them and I certainly didn't see any comments from any of them about it.

Ged seems to have been making hints in that direction

I thought Geddy mentioned it once...once.

No, Alex actually said it because I remember him mentioning that Vegas would never be their thing but maybe other places....if I can find the link later, I will post it.

Regardless though, everyone back away from the ledge. Please.

You can read about it here, not the Vegas bit though. I think he mentioned that in another interview during the same period.

http://www.torontosu...last-big-hurrah

Edit: Vegas link - http://www.blabbermo...nd-of-the-band/

"I would hate to think that we would be one of those bands that would do a couple of weeks in [Las] Vegas — for what reason, I don't know… Ten shows at Madison Square Garden, well, that's a little different. And you bring people in from all over the country. I'm not saying that's something we will do, but that is an option, or it is something that you could put together instead of doing a major tour, and bring people to the venue. Vegas is not the kind of environment, I think, for us. We certainly wouldn't be happy doing something like that."

Edited by Catch The Mystery
  • Like 1

From what I saw on that stage in Madison Square Garden. It did not look like Neil was in pain at all nor did it seem like he was "forced" to do it. He seemed like as he always was. Stoic, determined, and proficient. In fact, Neil played so ungodly good my show that I take the claim that he's in "severe, debilitating pain" with a grain of salt.

If ANYONE was in pain, it was definitely Alex.

Edited by fraroc

From what I saw on that stage in Madison Square Garden. It did not look like Neil was in pain at all nor did it seem like he was "forced" to do it. He seemed like as he always was. Stoic, determined, and proficient. In fact, Neil played so ungodly good my show that I take the claim that he's in "severe, debilitating pain" with a grain of salt.

Actually, it was me in pain at MSG, from the jackass behind us who wouldn't shut up.

• Like 2

Actually, it was me in pain at MSG, from the jackass behind us who wouldn't shut up.

I was as quiet as a damn mouse in awe of what was going on onstage that show so it wasn't me.

Edited by fraroc

Uh...so Alex stating it outright isn't proof enough for you.

Mkay. Back to your hole, kidstuff.

Oh this is old news I understand why Neil wants/needs to quit. You just can't keep up the endurance and stamina when you get older, it's not just a matter of working out. People lose muscle mass and strength. I think it's a good idea for him to stop all the touring while he's still on the top. Seriously no one wants to see him start to lose it playing live. It's bad enough all the complaints he's gotten even the past few years.

Last summer I saw (what's left of) Yes, and Alan White is playing pretty pathetic these days! Not the guy that played in the 80's and 90's, and even some of the early 2000's! I don't disagree with Neil's attitude. quit while you're on top, and still able to function properly....

As I said to a friend a few weeks ago at a party... It has to end sometime, the fact that they did a great tour was a plus..they COULD have just said "that's it, thanks...here's a live compilation, enjoy" and not toured... I was disappointed there wasn't the "usual" second leg, but....

• Like 2

Oh this is old news I understand why Neil wants/needs to quit. You just can't keep up the endurance and stamina when you get older, it's not just a matter of working out. People lose muscle mass and strength. I think it's a good idea for him to stop all the touring while he's still on the top. Seriously no one wants to see him start to lose it playing live. It's bad enough all the complaints he's gotten even the past few years.

Last summer I saw (what's left of) Yes, and Alan White is playing pretty pathetic these days! Not the guy that played in the 80's and 90's, and even some of the early 2000's! I don't disagree with Neil's attitude. quit while you're on top, and still able to function properly....

As I said to a friend a few weeks ago at a party... It has to end sometime, the fact that they did a great tour was a plus..they COULD have just said "that's it, thanks...here's a live compilation, enjoy" and not toured... I was disappointed there wasn't the "usual" second leg, but....

So agree. They did it all. They did well. They ended it in their style and in perfectly respectable form. It has to end sometime, end it now.

• Like 3

Talking?

Neil must have been hurting pretty badly by the end of the R40 tour. Personally I would have hated to have seen him struggle and not be able to give his 100%.

• Like 2

Neil must have been hurting pretty badly by the end of the R40 tour. Personally I would have hated to have seen him struggle and not be able to give his 100%.

Definitely! Sad to watch it go away, but better than seeing struggle... Hell my dad's old big band guys were struggling 30 years after they were big...these guys did 41! Take it for what it's worth!!! It could have ended for good in 1996!

• Like 3

Uh...so Alex stating it outright isn't proof enough for you.

Mkay. Back to your hole, kidstuff.

Hey, you promised we wouldn't be seeing you after the L.A. show.

• Like 1

Definitely! Sad to watch it go away, but better than seeing struggle... Hell my dad's old big band guys were struggling 30 years after they were big...these guys did 41! Take it for what it's worth!!! It could have ended for good in 1996!

You're right. We were lucky to get anything after his tragedy. I think the people who really "don't get it" are generally people who are young and just don't know what it's like to get old. Neils job is like running a marathon every night. At some point a person can't put themselves through that, and doesn't want to... especially if they have health issues on top of it.

• Like 4

And again, as usual, I'm the only one disappointed in Neil. Because when you really get down to the heart of the matter, Neil was the one who determined the fate of Rush.

That's because you clearly don't understand the toll of aging, after a 40 year career of a highly physical sort.

But you will someday.

What Alex said is nothing new.

If you saw the Forum show last year, you saw the last Rush show.

THIS.

• Like 2

Talking?

Yeah. He was a motormouth, just babbling non-stop, and quite loudly, too, so it was easy to get distracted even when focusing on the music. And it wasn't even Rush stuff, he just took the opportunity to make the entire show his personal social hour.

Talking?

Yeah. He was a motormouth, just babbling non-stop, and quite loudly, too, so it was easy to get distracted even when focusing on the music. And it wasn't even Rush stuff, he just took the opportunity to make the entire show his personal social hour.

Thats ridiculous.

Really glad that RushIsaBand followed my lead, as it were, and called out all the misinterpretation of Alex's RS interview, especially with regards to Consequence of Sound.

http://www.rushisaba...ndom-Rush-stuff

It would be fantastic if we can get another Rush album. And of course....Alex and Geddy will push Neil into some sort of live performance.

He he he he he.

• Like 1

Really glad that RushIsaBand followed my lead, as it were, and called out all the misinterpretation of Alex's RS interview, especially with regards to Consequence of Sound.

http://www.rushisaba...ndom-Rush-stuff

So this is really like a thing?

Today, two people at work told me "Sorry to hear about Rush," The first time I replied "Why? What happened? Thinking one of them died or something.

After the second time my response was 'Thanks for thinking of me.'

There was a reason the summer was a periscope festival for most of the shows I couldn't go to myself. Sad to see a lot of it unfold too.

Seemed plainly obvious to me, but what the hell do I know?

Surprised no one has commented on the most definitive touring retirement proclamation I have seen from Peart himself.

A few days later I shared the story with the Guys at Work, but still, for the next five years I kept my resolve never to write about that crash. Until the time might come when I no longer worried about anybody taking away my “fun license.”

http://www.neilpeart...16-bubbagram-5/

• Like 1

Surprised no one has commented on the most definitive touring retirement proclamation I have seen from Peart himself.

A few days later I shared the story with the Guys at Work, but still, for the next five years I kept my resolve never to write about that crash. Until the time might come when I no longer worried about anybody taking away my “fun license.”

http://www.neilpeart...16-bubbagram-5/

Yep, just read that. It's as if he's doing all he can to ensure he can't tour again; telling his daughter he retired and now making himself practically uninsurable.