Meaningful Quotations

x1yyz

13256038_10210157747688340_1315686833576808709_n.jpg?oh=29a071abb1e01f77958010cd6f9c6ee1&oe=57CADEBE

:yes:

Great quote, really.

Respect is among the basic things in this world, since its existance. It solves troubles, it's light to carry inside and healthy.

Everybody likes it.

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 6

13256038_10210157747688340_1315686833576808709_n.jpg?oh=29a071abb1e01f77958010cd6f9c6ee1&oe=57CADEBE

:yes:

Great quote, really.

Respect is among the basic things in this world, since its existance. It solves troubles, it's light to carry inside and healthy.

Everybody likes it.

Silly quote, political correctness goes well beyond that. You might as well substitute the word "mustard", it would be just as accurate.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live .... A red rose is not selfish because it wants to be a red rose. It would be horribly selfish if it wanted all the other flowers in the garden to be both red and roses.”

- Oscar Wilde

• Like 4

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live .... A red rose is not selfish because it wants to be a red rose. It would be horribly selfish if it wanted all the other flowers in the garden to be both red and roses.”

- Oscar Wilde

be0998d3e9d9a06fcf23e1ecca208451.jpg

Both meaningful and lovely quotations.

* Here's another:

“Let us never underestimate the power of a well-written letter.”

(Jane Austen, Persuasion)

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 2

"Nature gives up her innermost secrets and imparts true wisdom only to him who seeks truth for its own sake, and who craves for knowledge in order to confer benefits on others, not on his own unimportant personality."

— H.P. Blavatsky, Lucifer (1890)

• Like 2

How about this for a topical quote....

"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise" - Socrates.

The children now love their devices. They lack manners because they are not social creatures in meatspace, there is contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love texting and face-timing in place of exercise" - Greprates.

Don't want to derail this thread but I just quickly wanted to add something. Whilst I for the most part agree with those two quotes, I think the contempt for authority is, to a certain degree at least, a good thing in certain situations and is something from which we could learn from the youth of today rather than be outraged by. :)

• Like 1

"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise" - Socrates.

The children now love their devices. They lack manners because they are not social creatures in meatspace, there is contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love texting and face-timing in place of exercise" - Greprates.

Don't want to derail this thread but I just quickly wanted to add something. Whilst I for the most part agree with those two quotes, I think the contempt for authority is, to a certain degree at least, a good thing in certain situations and is something from which we could learn from the youth of today rather than be outraged by. :)

Distrust authority? Certainly! We should never trust authority completely.

Contempt? Only when authority becomes tyranny.

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

"Poetry is not an expression of the party line. It's that time of night, lying in bed, thinking what you really think, making the private world public, that's what the poet does."

"The weight of the world is love.

Under the burden of solitude,

under the burden of dissatisfaction

the weight,the weight we carry is love."

--- both quotes by Allen Ginsberg

• Like 5

Distrust authority? Certainly! We should never trust authority completely.

Contempt? Only when authority becomes tyranny.

Yes, this, you put it much better than me!

Don't be impressed by money, followers, degrees and titles. Be impressed by kindness, integrity, humility and generosity.

No idea who said this but I like it

I like it, too, and I live by that as well.

• Like 2

"Eat my poo!"

-Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

If you could read my mind, love, what a tale my thoughts would tell.

-- Gordon Lightfoot

• Like 4