Meaningful Quotations

x1yyz

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur si.
  • Like 1

Meaningful, in a very different way

We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and their great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years ... It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years ... But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government ... The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries ....

David Rockefeller

Probably a fake quote, but the sentiment behind it is accurate. Here's a better documented quote from D-Rock along the same lines:

“For more than a century ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents such as my encounter with Castro to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.”

https://www.metabunk.org/anyone-care-to-debunk-these-two-rockefeller-quotes.t431/

• Like 2

I have this notion that we never love another human being so completely as when that human being is part of something else.

Something which we're in love with, or ready to be in love with, before we ever meet them. Something which becomes a part of our dreaming of that woman; that man. Do you see?

A place; a piece of the past; a country; a half-remembered life that isn't even ours, but for which we foolishly ache.

Christopher Koch - Highways to a War

Love is not for cowards.

— Ovid

He who denies he possesses vanity usually possesses it in so brutal a form he instinctively shuts his eyes to it so as not to be obligated to despise himself.

— Friedrich Nietzsche, Human, All Too Human

Love people, use things. The opposite doesn’t work.

― Joshua Fields Millburn

Unless you contribute beyond yourself, your life will feel perpetually self-serving. It’s okay to operate in your own self-interest, but doing so exclusively creates an empty existence. A life without contribution is a life without meaning. The truth is that giving is living. We only feel truly alive when we are growing as individuals and contributing beyond ourselves. That’s what a real life is all about.

― Joshua Fields Millburn

Edited by Day of Light
  • Like 2

http://cdn.doublequotes.net/rick-wakeman-quotes/about-angry/theres-a-fine-line-between-angry-and-grumpy-angry-isnt-nice-but-grumpy-is-fu-403x403-nk8hvv.jpg

Probably comes from all the years being around Steve Howe

;)

• Like 3

Love is not for cowards.

— Ovid

He who denies he possesses vanity usually possesses it in so brutal a form he instinctively shuts his eyes to it so as not to be obligated to despise himself.

— Friedrich Nietzsche, Human, All Too Human

Love people, use things. The opposite doesn’t work.

― Joshua Fields Millburn

Unless you contribute beyond yourself, your life will feel perpetually self-serving. It’s okay to operate in your own self-interest, but doing so exclusively creates an empty existence. A life without contribution is a life without meaning. The truth is that giving is living. We only feel truly alive when we are growing as individuals and contributing beyond ourselves. That’s what a real life is all about.

― Joshua Fields Millburn

Four great ones

• Like 1

“Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel ... Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed Fuel ... I am a serious consumer ... On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio.”

― Hunter S. Thompson

• Like 3