Meaningful Quotations

x1yyz

“Some lose all mind and become soul,insane.

some lose all soul and become mind, intellectual.

some lose both and become accepted”

― Charles Bukowski

• Like 2

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else."

Winston Churchill

• Like 4

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done."

-Louis D. Brandeis

• Like 2

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

-John F. Kennedy

• Like 2

"If two men agree on everything, you may be sure that one of them is doing the thinking."

-Lyndon B. Johnson

You have enemies? GOOD. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

-- Winston Churchill

There's no way I simultaneously came up with this on my own. I must've heard it in a documentary or something without noticing and adopted it.

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why? I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?"

- Robert F. Kennedy.

• Like 2

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why? I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?"

- Robert F. Kennedy.

One of my all time favorites. Thank you for reminding me of it. :)

• Like 1

“The assumption that animals are without rights and the illusion that our treatment of them has no moral significance is a positively outrageous example of Western crudity and barbarity. Universal compassion is the only guarantee of morality.”

― Arthur Schopenhauer

• Like 5

“The assumption that animals are without rights and the illusion that our treatment of them has no moral significance is a positively outrageous example of Western crudity and barbarity. Universal compassion is the only guarantee of morality.”

― Arthur Schopenhauer

:goodone: That is really is a great quote and reality Lucas.
  • Like 1

You have enemies? GOOD. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

-- Winston Churchill

There's no way I simultaneously came up with this on my own. I must've heard it in a documentary or something without noticing and adopted it.

Perhaps, but it's such a universal truth that it is possible for any of us to experience it.

You can make enemies of those who are in the wrong, but also of your cowardly peers.

Just because you spoke up and "caused trouble", those sheepish people will resent and dislike you. That's even worse.

• Like 1

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." (The Shawshank Redemption)

"Get busy living, or get busy dying. That's Goddamn right."

• Like 2

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." (The Shawshank Redemption)

"Get busy living, or get busy dying. That's Goddamn right."

Yes, exactly. Any moment not spent enjoying life is a moment wasted.

• Like 2

"Water is the softest thing, yet it can penetrate mountains and earth. This shows clearly the principle of softness overcoming hardness." - Lao Tzu
  • Like 4

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life. Electric word life. It means forever and that's a mighty long time. But I'm here to tell you there's something else. The after world. A world of never ending happiness. You can always see the sun, day or night..." (Prince)
  • Like 3

Allow me to copy/paste the quotes I have on my profile:

"When the world shoves you around, you just got to stand up and shove back. It's not like somebody's gonna save you if you start babbling excuses." -Eiichiro Oda

• Like 1