Meaningful Quotations

x1yyz

A little bit of Kurt Vonnegut Jr anyone? 7 and 8 knock it out of the park for me.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.

I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.

I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, “If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is.”

Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward.

Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.

A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.

Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.

True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.

Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything.

• Like 8

A little bit of Kurt Vonnegut Jr anyone?

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

I've loved this one for a long time. It's so true.

• Like 3

A little bit of Kurt Vonnegut Jr anyone? 7 and 8 knock it out of the park for me.

I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.

Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything.

love these two

• Like 1

I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, “If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is.”

Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.

These three caught my attention. I love flying.

It's not all the time I can, but as possible I try to notice a good thing of the present moment, no matter if it is a small green feather on the backyard.

In fact: Close To The Edge, down by a river. :)

There's a time and the time is now and it's right for me,

It's right for me, and the time is now.

:yes: I quoted YES.

• Like 1

...The important thing is: if you fail once, or if your luck is bad this time, the dream is still there. A dream is only over if you give it up-or if it comes true(Neil Ellwood Peart).

The ones we wish could hear us have heard it all before.(Neil Ellwood Peart)

Those who know what's best for us must rise and save us from ourselves.(Neil Ellwood Peart)

Stamina is the force that drives the drumming; it's not really a sprint.(Neil Ellwood Peart)

I take these quotes to heart.

You can surrender without a prayer, but never really pray without surrender. You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win without a fight.

The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect, So hard to earn so easily burned In the fullness of time, A garden to nurture and protect It's a measure of a life The treasure of a life is a measure of love and respect, The way you live, the gifts that you give In the fullness of time, It's the only return that you expect.

We're only immortal for a limited time.

I still totally believe in individual rights and individual responsibility and in choosing to do good.

While I believe in all that freedom, I also believe that no one should suffer needlessly.

I remain the optimist: you just do your best and hope for the best. But it's an evolving state of mind.

I want to be an improviser, and I've worked very hard at that. It's an art. You don't just play whatever comes into your head; you have to be very deliberate about what you do.

There's still a lot I'm angry about, a lot of human behaviour that's appalling and despicable, but you choose what you can fight against. I always thought if I could just put something in words perfectly enough, people would get the idea and it would change things.

Sometimes you're up against everybody in the whole world - even your friends and family are saying, "You need a single." You feel sometimes incredibly alone.

• Like 1

- “Experience is the main reason why we`re here, I think, in the world ― to gain experience. And from our experience we gain knowledge ... and if we get any knowledge, then we gain liberation.”

George Harrison

• Like 1

Meaningful, in a very different way

We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and their great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years ... It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years ... But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government ... The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries ....

David Rockefeller

• Like 2