What Music Did You Buy Today?

Principled Man

David Bowie - Blackstar, with exactly all the money in my iTunes account (69 cents leftover from previous gift cards, plus a ten dollar gift card from Amps211 equals the exact change of a 9.99 album with 7% tax, weird huh?). I'll probably go to sleep to it tonight.
  • Like 3

Just came back from a one-off American show in support of the Jesu/Sun Kil Moon collaboration album in Brooklyn, and I got a pair of Mark Kozelek related albums, one of which was a freebie with any purchase at the merchtable.

Mark Kozelek - Down In The Willow Garden

Sun Kil Moon - April

It warms my dark heart to see people buying CDs. I feel dirty buying digital, but sometimes I do out of convenience....blah!

Does more money go to the artist when you buy digital?

Sometimes I feel weird buying CDs, especially for bands that aren't with that label anymore and have sold the rights to their music. I'm trying to figure out the best way to support an artist aside from going to their concerts.

Although I guess buying CDs supports the record store...

Edited by Day of Light
  • Like 1

Vinyl:

UFO - Force It

Billy Joel - Glass Houses

Billy Joel - 52nd Street

CDs:

Genesis - Duke

Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance

Went to a flea market to shop for vinyl w/Amps211 as a reward for a great state music competition performance. They had good stuff, but the best booth had classic after classic for really reasonable prices (I remember a bunch of Beatles, a bunch of Who, Led Zep 1, a bunch else), but we only had a few bucks. I did debate ditching everything else for Who's Next, but we were already holding the stuff I mentioned above, so some other time.

• Like 3

Vinyl:

UFO - Force It

Billy Joel - Glass Houses

Billy Joel - 52nd Street

CDs:

Genesis - Duke

Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance

Went to a flea market to shop for vinyl w/Amps211 as a reward for a great state music competition performance. They had good stuff, but the best booth had classic after classic for really reasonable prices (I remember a bunch of Beatles, a bunch of Who, Led Zep 1, a bunch else), but we only had a few bucks. I did debate ditching everything else for Who's Next, but we were already holding the stuff I mentioned above, so some other time.

Tough decision! Love your choice of UFO and Billy Joel but Who's Next is definitely one of my top Desert Island Disc picks. Congrats on the aces state music competition!

• Like 1

Went to a record trade today at a bar in Brooklyn. Came home with a bunch of industrial, noise, punk and/or ambient casettes and vinyl. Had a great time talking with the founder/head of Dais Records who's based in Brooklyn and he hooked me up with most of these records through his reccomendations.

JK Flesh (Justin Broaderick of Godflesh and Jesu) - Suicide Estate (cassette; limited to 44 copies)

Prurient - Bermuda Drain (vinyl and apparently the rarest color on vinyl)

Sadist - The Shadow Of The Swastika (7" single)

Hunting Lodge - Will (vinyl)

Genesis/Black Rain/Cold Cave - Rebellion Is Over (7" split clear vinyl)

• Like 1

Received in the mail High Priest Of Saturn "Son Of Earth And Sky" orange vinyl LP and ordered Fleetwood Mac "In Concert" triple LP.
  • Like 2

Counterparts

Bad Brains Black Dots

Kings of Leon

Garage - Metallica

Early hits of Elton John

Songs to learn -Echo and the Bunnymen

Bad Brains - dc

• Like 1

Yesterday at this point, but I got...

Genesis - Abacab

Peter Gabriel - the one with the blue car covered in water droplets on the cover

Steve Hacket - either Don't Touch or Please Don't Touch, whatever it's called

Wings - At The Speed Of Sound

Uriah Heep - Look At Yourself

Kansas - Leftoverture

Elton John - Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy

Elton John - Rock Of The Westies

The Moody Blues - Every Good Boy Deserves Favour

The Moody Blues - On The Threshold Of A Dream

Ted Nugent - Ted Nugent

Styx - The Grand Illusion

Foreigner - Double Vision

The Eagles - One Of a These Nights

All for just $23, all on vinyl. Woot!

• Like 1

Just ordered Steve Hackett's Voyage Of The Acolyte on SHM CD .. I listen to so much shit, I may as well treat myself to something actually good once in a while, right ??

http://eil.com/images/main/Steve+Hackett+Voyage+Of+The+Acolyte+606038.jpg