Yet Another Lottery Thread - $675,000,000.00 Saturday Night

Principled Man

No one won the Powerball jackpot last night, so this coming Saturday's projected jackpot will be.....

$675,000,000.00 (30-year annuity; Cash option of $413,000,000.00)

:o :o :o :o :o :o

About 20 of my co-workers twisted my arm and forced me to run a lottery pool.

If we win, our employer will not be pleased, as nearly every one of us will quit on the spot! :huh: :huh:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

No one won the Powerball jackpot last night, so this coming Saturday's projected jackpot will be.....

If we win, our employer will not be pleased, as nearly every one of us will quit on the spot! :huh: :huh:

I hope for your sake that your employer is not a TRF member. :P
  • Like 3

Years ago I was in charge of a lottery pool at work. For some reason, they weren't too happy when I brought back 30 tickets with the numbers 1-2-3-4-5-6 on them. If those numbers came up, we would have DOMINATED.
  • Like 1

I hope for your sake that your employer is not a TRF member. :P

That would be something! :LOL:

My place of employment (a major pharmaceutical distribution center) is already due to shut down in May 2017. We've already lost at least six to eight employees and supervisors, who have either changed employers or moved to the new super distribution center being built in Iowa. Overtime every freaking night for us. :(

As a consequence, many if not most of the employees have no qualms about striking it rich and quitting on the spot. If we do, our customers won't be getting their meds for a while!! :doh:

Lotteries are a tax on stupidity.

Yes, sadly, for habitual players. I hate the way the state advertises ours all the time; the odds are terrible. However, I AM A HYPOCRITE, I SPEND $ 2.00 ONCE A YEAR when the jackpot gets big. And I will throw a TRF picnic when I win this jackpot! ;) ;)

• Like 1

Yes, sadly, for habitual players.

I agree. But I'm the same way- every once in a great while, maybe twice in a year's time, I'll buy a couple of tickets (literally, just a couple), if the stakes are really high.

That's quite a picnic you'd have, chica. :P

• Like 1

Yes, sadly, for habitual players.

I agree. But I'm the same way- every once in a great while, maybe twice in a year's time, I'll buy a couple of tickets (literally, just a couple), if the stakes are really high.

That's quite a picnic you'd have, chica. :P

With 675 million, I'd figure it out somehow! :D :D :D And lots of sporks for BowlCity!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

We had a work pool going for last night's drawing. I'm sure I'll be asked shortly to pitch in once again. And I will because nobody is leaving me stuck here. ;)

That is the worst side-effect of workers doing lottery pools. If they win, the ones left behind are screwed! My place of employment wouldn't be able to function if about 20 of us left.

We had a work pool going for last night's drawing. I'm sure I'll be asked shortly to pitch in once again. And I will because nobody is leaving me stuck here. ;)

That is the worst side-effect of workers doing lottery pools. If they win, the ones left behind are screwed! My place of employment wouldn't be able to function if about 20 of us left.

Haha...there are only fourteen in our whole office! All of the other employees work out in the plant.

I think everyone actually chipped in, including the CEO. He hasn't stated whether he will just close shop if we hit it. :P

• Like 1

Can overseas play online ?????

Sorry, the lotteries in the USA stay here. You have to physically be in one of the participating states to play.

That's too much money. What would I do with it?

Give it,

To me. New Zealand is paradise!! :cool: :D

I could live in New Zealand. Peter Jackson says it's just like Middle Earth...... ;) ;)

• Like 1

Give it,

I could live in New Zealand. Peter Jackson says it's just like Middle Earth...... ;) ;)

All,

I know is. Trout fishing is as tough as it gets. I love the challenge! :cool:

• Like 2

Give it,

Like Kiwis call the country of their birth...

• Like 3

We should start a TRF pool. If we win, we could talk Rush into playing a one-off show for us.

Eh, nevermind, there would just be more endless bitching about the set list.

• Like 3