The Not Fade Away/You Can´t Fight It single

YYZumbi

I just found the Not Fade AwayYou Can´t Fight It single on ebay, which is Rush first single, that they released 1973 before their debut album. It only exist 200 of it.

I found it in mint condition for only 50 USD on ebay, so I bought it right away!

It´s even being sent from my own country, Sweden, so it really must be the fate telling me to buy it! :o

• Like 2

I just found the Not Fade AwayYou Can´t Fight It single on ebay, which is Rush first single, that they released 1973 before their debut album. It only exist 200 of it.

I found it in mint condition for only 50 USD on ebay, so I bought it right away!

It´s even being sent from my own country, Sweden, so it really must be the fate telling me to buy it! :o

check the fine print it is a reprint!!!
  • Like 1

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RUSH-NOT-FADE-AWAY-MN001-SUPERB-REPRODUCTION-200-ONLY-MADE-DEBUT-7-SINGLE-/371482272789?hash=item567e11a415:g:jEYAAOSwl9BWIBRy

If this is the listing, it states reproduction right on the listing, so no one got hosed. I think it looks great, seems like an accurate repo , $50 is a bit steep, but perhaps I'm cheap. I think it would have made for a great RSD item as an official product

Dammit!!!! I just saw it now!

I thought I found a original...

It's sadly happened to me bro! Believe me, I know how you feel!

Dammit!!!! I just saw it now!

I thought I found a original...

It's sadly happened to me bro! Believe me, I know how you feel!

On just this one?

No, but I bought an album on eBay that claimed to be genuine, but turned out to be a perfectly produced fake, for a small fortune. I only found out when I was told to check the barcode.

I too learned the hard way! By the time I had noticed, it was too late to make a complaint.

Edited by Segue Myles

I wonder what the source for the audio is?

Exactly.

I can almost picture this coming from a crappy MP3. Says reproduction right on the listing. At least they were honest about that. Nice bootleg.

I still say this should have been re-released with the ReDiscovered box.

• Like 2

I still say this should have been re-released with the ReDiscovered box.

This

I'm assuming it'll be done in the future. Spreading out sellable material and all that.

Be certain that when they release an official reproduction of this that I will be sure to get an original reproduction.

The tracks from the single DEFINITELY should have been on the ReDISCover release in some form! And the "Working Man (Vault Edition) and any other vault material from those sessions. The problem is, though, Geddy has said NFA & YCFI will never be released. I read a specific quote while researching my book The Rush Chronology. I'll try to find it and post it. He was very specific when asked about that debut single ever getting a re-issue and the quote was fairly recent. He and Alex seem kind of embarassed in general by the quality of the album, variously being dismissive or outright bothered that they can't just let those recordings disappear into the musts of time (and we're talking the recording quality, not nessecarily the songs themselves, because they still pull them out live. I think it's that they see them as so primative and not very representative of their sound (then or now) that they would be happy if the record vanished into thin air.

I'll try to find that quote and others about the 1st album.

• Like 1

I just listened to it for the first time, and to my ears it sounds good. Since I have never heard the original vinyl single, then it´s kinda hard for me to compare.

But in the end Im happy I bought this, even thou it was a fake copy...

Regardless of it being a pirate pressing - it's cool to have a hard copy. I'd be all for getting one but in the $10 range. My first copy I got was a cassette recording I made off the radio sometime in the early nineties. The local rock radio station had a brief "rarities" show on Sunday mornings and they played side A only - but that cassette was precious to me. So enjoy it, but who knows, maybe ole will seize an opportunity here and do a RSD release of this in the coming years.

I've sort of burned an image of the 45 label into my memory, so whenever I'm in a thrift shop or a little antique place, and I see some 45s, I can quickly blast through them. So far, no luck. Mostly white label, blue rectangle . . .

http://www.2112.net/artifacts/volume1/track2/ucantfightit.gif