• Houses Of The Holy
    • Physical Graffiti
    • Presence
    • In Through The Out Door
    • Coda
    • ______

Here's what is supposed to be the best bootleg from an LZ concert:

http://youtu.be/JGtWkZUZwbg

BigBobby, you will the rendition of Achilles on this. It's towards the end. Bonzo was really something God rest his soul. :rose:

The young man who did these bootlegs, read about him here: https://en.m.wikiped...ki/Mike_Millard

This is a compilation of Led Zeppelin's LA run in June of 1977, (6/21, 6/23, 6/25, 6/27) all shows recorded by Mike Millard, a legendary taper in Led Zeppelin circles as well as in the taping community in general.

His recording of the first night, June 21, 1977, is widely regarded as the best Led Zeppelin audience recording ever, and one of the most legendary bootlegs in general, known as 'Listen to This Eddie'

Mike's recording of the show opening track the 'Song Remains The Same' was used in the official Led Zeppelin DVD and IMO it's the greatest version of this song ever, Bonham is absolutely out of his f***ing mind and the crowd is going completely bonkers. Its a fantastic recording of a great show and f I could go back in time and see just one Zeppelin gig, it would be this one.

I'm glad i made his acquaintance and looked for these boots. But I do think it's tragic that he took his own life. I wish someone could have saved him from himself.

Why not?

Because the world's best and biggest bands have a certain chemistry that would not be the same with a different member. Many bands have mentioned that the very first time they got together there was a certain magic they all felt. I believe Zep was one of those bands. I know Crosby, Stills and Nash were. Ged and Al have said the second Neil started playing when they were auditioning for a new drummer they knew he was it. That magic is the reason John and Paul were better together than apart. Same with Roger Waters and Dave Gilmour, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant, etc. etc. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts in most cases.

• Like 4

BigBobby, you will the rendition of Achilles on this. It's towards the end. Bonzo was really something God rest his soul. :rose:

The young man who did these bootlegs, read about him here: https://en.m.wikiped...ki/Mike_Millard

This is a compilation of Led Zeppelin's LA run in June of 1977, (6/21, 6/23, 6/25, 6/27) all shows recorded by Mike Millard, a legendary taper in Led Zeppelin circles as well as in the taping community in general.

His recording of the first night, June 21, 1977, is widely regarded as the best Led Zeppelin audience recording ever, and one of the most legendary bootlegs in general, known as 'Listen to This Eddie'

Mike's recording of the show opening track the 'Song Remains The Same' was used in the official Led Zeppelin DVD and IMO it's the greatest version of this song ever, Bonham is absolutely out of his f***ing mind and the crowd is going completely bonkers. Its a fantastic recording of a great show and f I could go back in time and see just one Zeppelin gig, it would be this one.

I'm glad i made his acquaintance and looked for these boots. But I do think it's tragic that he took his own life. I wish someone could have saved him from himself.

Pink Floyd fans should check out Mike Millard's recording of Pink Floyd at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena on 4/26/1975.

It's a fantastic audience recording that has pre-release versions of Sheep (then known as Raving and Drooling) and Dogs (You Gotta Be Crazy) as well as the DSOTM suite in the second set.

I actually think it's a better recording then Mike's more famous Zeppelin 'Listen To This Eddie' 6/21/77 tape, and his Rush Anaheim 1981 tape.

Edited by K.K.VanMalmsteen
  • Like 1

Pink Floyd fans should check out Mike Millard's recording of Pink Floyd at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena on 4/26/1975.

It's a fantastic audience recording that has pre-release versions of Sheep (then known as Raving and Drooling) and Dogs (You Gotta Be Crazy) as well as the DSOTM suite in the second set.

I actually think it's a better recording then Mike's more famous Zeppelin 'Listen To This Eddie' 6/21/77 tape, and his Rush Anaheim 1981 tape.

Those versions are killer!

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/led-zeppelin-facebook-reverses-ban/

Many bigots, racists and Kartrashian esque attention whore idiots post what they want but THIS is what riles up Zuckerturd all these years? Who died and made him Sheila Brofslovski?

No wonder I deleted my account months ago and only use a new one for a couple of groups there.

http://pa1.narvii.com/6943/6c735462b51e3694c2ce9a6016d878cee552fb3ar1-200-200_00.gif

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

https://ultimateclas...k-reverses-ban/

Many bigots, racists and Kartrashian esque attention whore idiots post what they want but THIS is what riles up Zuckerturd all these years? Who died and made him Sheila Brofslovski?

No wonder I deleted my account months ago and only use a new one for a couple of groups there.

http://pa1.narvii.com/6943/6c735462b51e3694c2ce9a6016d878cee552fb3ar1-200-200_00.gif

I deleted my FB account about eighteen months ago (and life has carried on quite satisfyingly). I'm sure plenty of people are distraught by the flaming Zeppelin - Oh, the humanity! And don't get me started on the phallic imagery of Presence.

I was smart enough to never have an FB account, so I'm ahead of the game! :P

You were smart (are, lol). I only had an account for showing off paintings and drawings - but then people wanted to be friends, and ruined it :tsk:
  • Like 1

You were smart (are, lol). I only had an account for showing off paintings and drawings - but then people wanted to be friends, and ruined it :tsk:

I found that very funny "but then people wanted to be friends, and ruined it." :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol:

From the looks of FB to me, you have to be into taking countless selfies of yourself all day long and recording every aspect of your life. Neither appeals to me.

I do value my privacy, such as it is these days. :)

• Like 1

I found that very funny "but then people wanted to be friends, and ruined it." :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol:

From the looks of FB to me, you have to be into taking countless selfies of yourself all day long and recording every aspect of your life. Neither appeals to me.

Only good thing it did for me looking back was reuniting with cousins on my dads side of the family I haven’t seen in years.

I have never taken a selfie, being one of the lucky few that owns a mirror! Privacy is of utmost importance to me too. I am really nice to people in my job so have exhausted my reserves for when I get home (not a great husband :eyeroll: ). Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

As some have posted above, I voted for Physical Graffiti partly because there's just more of it. Say what you want about the grab bag of styles on III or HotH, but PG has that and then some.

"Kashmir," "Trampled Underfoot," "Boogies With Stu," "In the Light," "In My Time of Dying," hell, even "Custard Pie"! PG is the album that goes up to eleven.

Let me just offer a word Led Zeppelin I, though; has there ever been a more thunderous or door-kicked-in debut? Plus, it's got "Dazed and Confused" and "How Many More Times."

• Like 2

As some have posted above, I voted for Physical Graffiti partly because there's just more of it. Say what you want about the grab bag of styles on III or HotH, but PG has that and then some.

"Kashmir," "Trampled Underfoot," "Boogies With Stu," "In the Light," "In My Time of Dying," hell, even "Custard Pie"! PG is the album that goes up to eleven.

Let me just offer a word Led Zeppelin I, though; has there ever been a more thunderous or door-kicked-in debut? Plus, it's got "Dazed and Confused" and "How Many More Times."

In The Light, Kashmir, Trampled Underfoot...and I'll throw in Bron-Y-Aur as a favourite too. Although I think I voted III. PG cheats because it's a double! Side 4 is more like the stuff left over that emerged on Coda, although it's not without charm.

Yes, there was Van Halen’s debut.

• Like 2

Oh, it's got some dross, no question -- but to be fair, we could say that about even the regular-length albums! Looking at you, "Dyer Maker" . . . .

Rush made a much better fist of throwing in a little reggae. Although Zep's title made me smile (when I was 12).

Yes, there was Van Halen’s debut.

VH debut every time for me - not many laughs from Zep I.
  • Like 1

Oh, it's got some dross, no question -- but to be fair, we could say that about even the regular-length albums! Looking at you, "Dyer Maker" . . . .

Rush made a much better fist of throwing in a little reggae. Although Zep's title made me smile (when I was 12).

I love Dyer Maker, but Rush definitely made their reggae influence sound less corny.

It probably made more sense to you! I didn't get it until it was explained to me, in college I think . . . was there a bong in the room? Anyway, it doesn't enrich the song for me.

• Like 1

Okay, Van Halen I is good. Very good.

That's the extent of my counter-argument . . .

Mine as well. I’m with you on Zeppelin I.

I haven’t listened to it ages and likely won’t right now, but good god, what an album, by a bunch of kids who hardly knew each other.

It probably made more sense to you! I didn't get it until it was explained to me, in college I think . . . was there a bong in the room? Anyway, it doesn't enrich the song for me.

Yes, it's a dumb English music-hall joke from the 50s - something like...

'My wife wanted to go to the Caribbean'. 'Jamaica?' 'No, she wanted to go'.

(Looking for a tumbleweed emoji).

I remember reading Davis's "Hammer of the Gods" and he referred to the title as "an old joke not worth repeating" and it just sort of pissed me off that he'd bring it up but then not explain it! Once I knew it, though, I could kind of see his point.

I'm going to listen to "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You" right now. . .