• Led Zeppelin II
    • Led Zeppelin III
    • Houses Of The Holy
    • Physical Graffiti
    • Presence
    • In Through The Out Door
    • Coda
    • ______

I don't get all the hate for Carouselambra. It might be a bit too long, but it's very hypnotic and mesmerizing. The synthesizer was a nice change from their other work and the slow middle portion adds to the mystique. If Bonham hadn't died, then this is exactly what Zeppelin would've sounded like in the 1980's.
  • Like 4

I didn't find out until very recently that Robert Plant wrote this for his son who died.

That's real pain in his voice. I think this is one of Zep's finest songs.

http://youtu.be/z0DAnu5Sq6k

That's a great song.

He also wrote this beautiful one for his wife at the time:

http://youtu.be/2BXk9G4ZXSI

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

I don't get all the hate for Carouselambra. It might be a bit too long, but it's very hypnotic and mesmerizing. The synthesizer was a nice change from their other work and the slow middle portion adds to the mystique. If Bonham hadn't died, then this is exactly what Zeppelin would've sounded like in the 1980's.

One of my favorite Zeppelin songs.

• Like 2

He also wrote this beautiful one for his wife at the time:

http://youtu.be/2BXk9G4ZXSI

I always find it odd how people obsess about John and Yoko but no one ever talks about Robert and Maureen.

For the longest time I didn't even know what Rob's wife looked like.

• Like 3

I didn't find out until very recently that Robert Plant wrote this for his son who died.

That's real pain in his voice. I think this is one of Zep's finest songs.

http://youtu.be/z0DAnu5Sq6k

In Through The Outdoor is dismissed by a lot of fans, but it's one of my Zep favorite's. This song in particular.
  • Like 2

Once again late to the game ..... there have been strong arguments made for several of

the Zeppelin albums but for me the one that goes down as their crowning achievement

is Physical Graffiti ..... a stupendous body of work.

Zeppelin have always been, and always will be my favourite band, with their fair share of

knockers and imitators but (IMHO) nobody has even got close.

• Like 6

Once again late to the game ..... there have been strong arguments made for several of

the Zeppelin albums but for me the one that goes down as their crowning achievement

is Physical Graffiti ..... a stupendous body of work.

Zeppelin have always been, and always will be my favourite band, with their fair share of

knockers and imitators but (IMHO) nobody has even got close.

Over the years I have been to many many many concerts.

I have never experienced the intensity of a Led Zeppelin show with any other band.

Their manager, Peter Grant, did a great marketing job of keeping the band out of the spotlight. They were mystical figures that did very little press so when they toured, their concerts were a religious experience.

• Like 4

I've asked this question before but don't recall the answer.

Aside from Hammer of the Gods, what is the best book about Led Zep?

I have a book of theirs called All Of The Songs, which talks about every single song on every album in detail. Not sure if it's the best but I think it's pretty awesome.

• Like 3

I've asked this question before but don't recall the answer.

Aside from Hammer of the Gods, what is the best book about Led Zep?

Another excellent biography is 'When Giants Walked The Earth' by Mick Wall. Not quite as sensationalist as Hammer.

From a reference point of view (for the inner Zepp-nerd in you!) 'Led Zeppelin - The Concert File' by Dave Lewis, details every

concert Zeppelin ever played and cross-references to available bootlegs. For the likes of myself who collects their live shows, it is a very good point of reference.

'Jimmy Page - The Definitive Biography' by Chris Salewicz is a good Page biography and is more recent.

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 2

Is it a truthful book and not some sanitized version? .

This is a beautiful coffee table style book rather than a straight biography .. lots of photographs (some quite rare). A great overall pictorial representation of Zeppelin

but not so much a straight biography.

• Like 2

This is a beautiful coffee table style book rather than a straight biography .. lots of photographs (some quite rare). A great overall pictorial representation of Zeppelin

I have this book and the pictures are stunning.

I'm a huge snowboarder and Burton snowboards made 50 boards to commemorate the LZ 50th anniversary. Along with the board, you got the book.

50144054767_2bef048cb2_o.jpg

50143812346_d70a76b498_o.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 3

I'm a huge snowboarder and Burton snowboards made 50 boards to commemorate the LZ 50th anniversary. Along with the board, you got the book.

Oh wow!!! So beautiful! I am so jealous! ..... and I don't even snowboard lol!! I think I would have this mounted on the wall of my den!!!
  • Like 1

Yeah, what he said! :)

• Like 1

Oh wow!!! So beautiful! I am so jealous! ..... and I don't even snowboard lol!! I think I would have this mounted on the wall of my den!!!

I've got more. Houses of the Holy board

50143831008_7f7464d32d_o.jpg

50143831043_80fc6f56b6_o.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 2

I've got more. Houses of the Holy board

50143831008_7f7464d32d_o.jpg

50143831043_80fc6f56b6_o.jpg

Blimey!!! this is damn nice also!!
  • Like 2