Black Sabbath Announce Final Tour

Union 5-3992

I've never seen them, but it is what it is. Rob Halford says we're lucky because we still get to see the inventors of an entire genre. In 20 years, Priest will be done, Maiden will be done, Motorhead will be done, I'm lucky to have seen others I thought impossible so I can let them go and enjoy their retirement (well everyone but Ozzy)

I sure hope i get to see maiden one more time...

Sabbath is up there with Rush as one of my very favorite bands, so I will definitely try to make it to at least one show. Right now looking at Vegas, assuming they do completely skip Texas.

I would feel optimistic they'll add a bunch more U.S. dates, but due to his lymphoma and chemo treatments, Tony Iommi can't do several months of shows at a time anymore. And because Australia is already lined up for April, they may not come back to the states until after that, if at all.

I'm disappointed that it looks like no new album is coming. I wonder if the failure to reconcile with Bill Ward pushed that off the table. Only doing a greatest hits tour kinda feels like a cash grab.

And yes, they did play the farewell card once before. The 1999 summer tour (when they headlined Ozzfest) was billed at the time as "The Last Supper."

Chicago on January 22nd? Damn, I hate buying tickets to any events out here from Dec-Feb because we never know what kind of crap weather we can get.

Yeah, I don't like winter tours. Wish they could have waited till spring to start.

Speaking as a dark soul on the "Auld Shores of the Pond", I'm looking forward for European dates to be annoinced. I'm definetely gonna see them one (or more) last time; I'd love the last show(s) to be played in Birmingham (went there for Sabs before in 1997,1999 and 2013) Edited by geezer

Been there done that,

If I were near any of the venues I would go. But I saw them many times back in the 70's. :codger:

Black Sabbath would frequent the Asbury Park Convention Hall NJ in the 70's. I saw them in 72 and 75.. :smoke:

The MSG show is going to be a hot ticket for sure.

The 1975 tour produced a great bootleg.

• Like 2

Been there done that,

If I were near any of the venues I would go. But I saw them many times back in the 70's. :codger:

Black Sabbath would frequent the Asbury Park Convention Hall NJ in the 70's. I saw them in 72 and 75.. :smoke:

http://youtu.be/9_pbic9ku7U

Asbury Park is as good as any bootleg I've ever heard by any band.

• Like 1

Been there done that,

Thanks, I can't wait to hear it.

Been there done that,

Found it when I got home...great sound...thanks again!!!!

They'll be in my neck of the woods (Palace of Auburn Hills) the day after my birthday.

Might have to be a gift to myself!

And Youngest Daughter just told me she'll fly out to see them with me, as she did for Rush in June! :dweez:

• Like 2

Yeah, I got that on Twitter today.