A pretty difficult forum post I have to make.

fraroc

Hey. When I joined here a few months ago, the only songs from Snakes and Arrows I knew were Far Cry, Workin' Them Angels and The Larger Bowl. Now it's my favorite album by them. You should pop on Counterparts or Fly By Night now, and listen through the whole albums, decide what you do or don't like, then listen to Hemispheres or something. I wish I could relive the first time I heard songs like The Spirit of Radio, or Hand Over Fist, or Animate for the first time.

Two years ago, I only knew material from the debut to Signals + CA & HYF. Even at the start of last year, I had never heard Counterparts or Test For Echo, outside of Driven, Animate, Stick it Out, and Leave That Thing Alone. Now, I love both records.

You guys ever play The Sims? You know how, when you step away for a while and come back, your sims are doing some straight up crazy s***?!

Seriously..... what the f*** just happened on this thread? It's 11 pages of Quentin Tarantino films....

PS There are plenty of people on this board who don't acknowledge the existence of any album released after the 1970s, so, yeah, not really that big of a deal.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 2

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2v7u3NPu71r41unfo1_500.gif

Her parents must be proud.

Edited by librarian
  • Like 2

Let's all go listen to an album we can all agree on.

does anyone here know if one exists?

Born In The USA...

:unsure:

Disagree. NEXT

:laughing guy:

Stupid me...I went out and celebrated my anniversary with my wife and a couple of good friends and missed all this? Rodrigo...nice work!

• Like 2

^^^^^^Me too...that's as normal as breathing with my buds. In fact, it's a requirement.

You know, we all had pretty shitty childhoods, so we could take whatever was thrown at us, except a direct exp<b></b>ression of caring. So we treated each other the way we knew would keep us comfortable. We're a bit better these days, but not much. Here's a stpry I've shared before but will share a again...

One of my best friends looked nothing like his father. His father was very fair skinned, as was his mother, yet my buddy had olive skim, dark black curly hair (you can see where this is going. So, about fifteen years after high school my bud gets a deathbed confession from his mom: "Your dad is not your dad." Of course it turns out she'd had an affair with a black man, and my buddy was the result. So, anyway...my buddy needs to unload, so he goes over to another good friend of mine, Marc's, house and tells him the story. Marc stares him in the eye, and, deadpan, says, "N-word". And they embrace.

Classic.

And see, that deep connection allows us to use that kind of humor to break the heaviness of the situation....and it's funny to look back upon as well. That's funny dude. I can almost picture it.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/20150721_184515_zpsoakq0jrm.jpg

Worth a re-post. Here we are in Portland, at Jack's outside the Moda Ctr. Marc, Dennis, Jeff the nizzle, and me.

Wait, which one is Dennis? Gregg Allman photobombed you.

:LOL: