New Rush Album Ideas.

TheWatchMaker97

I keep thinking the most likely scenario is Neil decides to write a musical piece based on the new Clockwork Lives book. Which I wouldn't mind if the music continued in the heavier progressive direction of CA (AND they hired an old school producer like Terry Brown).

Ya, I been thinking that they might do a "Clockwork Angles Sequel" or something similar. I wouldn't mind that at all.

Maybe Neil will let Kevin Anderson co-write the lyrics. And Kevin will see how many Clockwork Angels lyrics he can shoehorn into the new album.

They can call it "Clockwork Angels Retread" or "Hack Attacks"

Now that they are making a major change in touring massively. I think they should go in some direction that they would not go if they planned on touring for that record. Such as one continious concept album with a couple epic instrumentals. At this point they can do whatever they want I'll be excited to hear it especially if I won't be able to see it.

I don't think there needs to be any concept albums. I like Clockwork Angels, but really don't sense the conceptual stuff in it. Seems like very individual songs to me.

Leave off the blues(first record, Feedback) and the folk(Snakes) and I'm game. Oh....and how about some great production this time around? Counterparts was the last record that had it.

Snakes is a folk album? :huh: :LOL:

Because the first thing I think of when I listen to Far Cry is Peter, Paul and Mary.

• Like 1

I don't think there needs to be any concept albums. I like Clockwork Angels, but really don't sense the conceptual stuff in it. Seems like very individual songs to me.

But if there are no more Rush concept albums, what will do Kevin J. Anderson do for a living?

I keep thinking the most likely scenario is Neil decides to write a musical piece based on the new Clockwork Lives book. Which I wouldn't mind if the music continued in the heavier progressive direction of CA (AND they hired an old school producer like Terry Brown).

Ya, I been thinking that they might do a "Clockwork Angles Sequel" or something similar. I wouldn't mind that at all.

Maybe Neil will let Kevin Anderson co-write the lyrics. And Kevin will see how many Clockwork Angels lyrics he can shoehorn into the new album.

They can record some obtuse Clockwork Angels spin-off and call it Clockwork Angles.

• Like 2

They can record some obtuse Clockwork Angels spin-off and call it Clockwork Angles.

Or Oranges.... :)

Yeah! And Neil could indulge his true second (or third?) calling- geometry teacher.

But if there are no more Rush concept albums, what will do Kevin J. Anderson do for a living?

Write obituaries.

seeing as the guys like to play around with different styles i always fancied the idea of Rush doing Metallica see what they could do with that sorta sh*t, or a really thumping prog metal kinda thing. turn the juice up even more after CA & VT Edited by lifeson90

Oh, and it has to have acute cover. :outtahere:

• Like 1

what would be awesome:

1. well written and arranged songs

^ sure, work them out digitally, then practice playing them and just record them that way

2. Geddy sings these songs in a register he can deliver without strain

^ take a chance, be brave - there aren't many people who like listening to lyrics that are vowels with no enunciation

3. self produce

^ you don't need an objective ear anymore, it clouds rather than refines at this point in your career - I've heard self-produced Rush demos as far back as '86 and you were nailing it then... you guys know what you're doing, trust it

Rush will bring the MTV Series Unplugged back to life in 2017.

Alex on Acoustic, Neil on some Jazzy small drum kit, Geddy just sitting singing with a stand up bass player in the background.

Setlist is not complete.

But Tears, Different Strings are IN. I mean seriously, looked what it did for Eric Clapton.

Maybe the boys could slow down Tom Sawyer the way EC did Layla...... ;)

Rush will bring the MTV Series Unplugged back to life in 2017.

Alex on Acoustic, Neil on some Jazzy small drum kit, Geddy just sitting singing with a stand up bass player in the background.

Setlist is not complete.

But Tears, Different Strings are IN. I mean seriously, looked what it did for Eric Clapton.

Maybe the boys could slow down Tom Sawyer the way EC did Layla...... ;)

Actually, this idea was tackled 20 years ago. In the article I read back then Lee or Lifeson (can't remember who) said that it's highly unlikely since most of their songs were written on electric and that THEIR idea of gigs were to duplicate the albums as close as possible. They continued to say that they weren't too excited when they went to concerts and the artist they went to see changed it too much from the recording.

Personally, I liked Alice in Chains, Metallica, The Cure, REM, Nirvana, and KISS on MTV Unplugged. I'm probably forgetting a few others but those were some fun little shows.

If and when they do it, I imagine it will be a natural progression of Clockwork Angels in terms if sound, sans the conceptual lyrics.

I'm fine with the conceptual lyrics, just keep Kevin J Anderson away from the story.

I like when Alex incorporates blues into his guitar parts on The Way the Wind Blows and Ghost of a Chance.
  • Like 1

If and when they do it, I imagine it will be a natural progression of Clockwork Angels in terms if sound, sans the conceptual lyrics.

I'm fine with the conceptual lyrics, just keep Kevin J Anderson away from the story.

I like when Alex incorporates blues into his guitar parts on The Way the Wind Blows and Ghost of a Chance.

I don't like the intro on The Way The Wind Blows for that very reason. (And I've never listened to Feedback.)

I don't like the intro on The Way The Wind Blows for that very reason. (And I've never listened to Feedback.)

I love how it changes from a nice blues riff to a much faster tempo rock part.