Your Rush Experiences

fraroc

:(

Seeing as how today is August 1st, the final date of the R40 tour. This could very well be the last we'll ever see of the band onstage....I made this thread so we can all bid our farewells to the greatest rock n' roll threesome to have ever been founded....RUSH. Here, we can express how Rush has touched our lives and how much they mean to us.

I've only been a Rush fan since 2013. I was always aware of their existence and enjoyed their music throughout my childhood and adolescence, but never got into them until recently. I was never a HUGE prog fan, I'm a fan of Dream Theater, all eras of Kansas, and 80s Yes but I wasn't a die hard prog fan so I wrote off Rush's 2112 and Hemispheres as just more pretentious shit like ELP.

Then I actually listened to Rush's music, and I was astounded on how relatable the themes to the music were, especially during the 1980s new wave period. Geddy and Neil instantly became my favorite bass player and drummer (Sorry Alex, EVH still my favorite guitarist.)

Despite going through the pain of losing this band just a few years after discovering them and I secretly wish that I wasn't a fan so I wouldn't have to deal with this pain......In the end, their music is just too damn good, and to me, music is therapy.

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 2

For f***s sake, the band hasn't announced the end yet. Geddy & Alex both said they look forward to time off and possibly writing. And despite Neil hating touring, he does enjoy writing and recording, something he can do in LA and stay with his family. They may stop coming to smaller cities like Buffalo, Tulsa, and St. Paul. You live near NYC, smile!, you have the best odds of seeing them do a residency with LA, Toronto, and Chicago!
  • Like 4

Despite going through the pain of losing this band just a few years after discovering them and I secretly wish that I wasn't a fan so I wouldn't have to deal with this pain......In the end, their music is just too damn good, and to me, music is therapy.

Maybe it wouldn't be quite so painful if you removed whatever it is that's shoved up your ass?

• Like 3

For f***s sake, the band hasn't announced the end yet. Geddy & Alex both said they look forward to time off and possibly writing. And despite Neil hating touring, he does enjoy writing and recording, something he can do in LA and stay with his family. They may stop coming to smaller cities like Buffalo, Tulsa, and St. Paul. You live near NYC, smile!, you have the best odds of seeing them do a residency with LA, Toronto, and Chicago!

And hopefully Tampa too as they have pretty much always visited here in their very long and CONTINUING adventure.

• Like 1

Where's that one Debbie Downer TRFer that was blabbing on in other threads about how spoiled Rush fans are and that others here need to face the truth about no more tours? Forgot his name but he'd love the misery in here. I think I'll go wear black and stand in the pouring rain until I catch pneumonia. That'll prime me up to be nice and miserable while thinking of more misery.

Where's that one Debbie Downer TRFer that was blabbing on in other threads about how spoiled Rush fans are and that others here need to face the truth about no more tours? Forgot his name but he'd love the misery in here. I think I'll go wear black and stand in the pouring rain until I catch pneumonia. That'll prime me up to be nice and miserable while thinking of more misery.

That was Bard.

• Like 1

Seems like the OP is a big fan of this 80s Yes.

Yes_Drama.jpg

Hopefully not that one... :scared: I jumped ship right before this one and my timing couldn't have been better. I will admit however there is some good stuff they made in the 80's not unlike Rush. It's not classic or all good but there is enough... :)