Your Rush Experiences

fraroc

Seems like the OP is a big fan of this 80s Yes.

Yes_Drama.jpg

Hopefully not that one... :scared: I jumped ship right before this one and my timing couldn't have been better. I will admit however there is some good stuff they made in the 80's not unlike Rush. It's not classic or all good but there is enough... :)

Ha ha very funny

I like this album, but I've always preferred 90125.

• Like 1

like there's not enough shit in the world to be pissed about without making shit up to upset yourself

Where you been Compton? Missed you my young brother... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Where's that one Debbie Downer TRFer that was blabbing on in other threads about how spoiled Rush fans are and that others here need to face the truth about no more tours? Forgot his name but he'd love the misery in here. I think I'll go wear black and stand in the pouring rain until I catch pneumonia. That'll prime me up to be nice and miserable while thinking of more misery.

That was Bard.

You mean "Brad"?

fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-judge-brad-movie-still.png?w=400

• Like 4

Geez, people. Ease up on the guy.

Let them hate me.

I don't give a shit anymore.

No fraroc, goose is actually right. Sorry if you were offended by my comment. Honestly though, I was thinking more about the dude whose name laughedatbytime reminded me of.

• Like 3

Agreed goose is correct. There isn't a damn thing wrong with this thread or the sentiment involved. Geez people. My 2 most vivid memories of the band was hearing Caress Of Steel for the first time in my friends car back in 76'. The other was when I was into the band full force waiting and waiting it seemed like forever for AFTK to be released and finally after checking the record store every day for at least a week it was there. Raced home and dropped the needle and thought I had died and gone to heaven... :) Edited by Narps
  • Like 5

Let them hate me.

We don't hate you (Or at least, I don't.), it's just that you keep on rehashing the same subject of how painful it is that Rush is breaking up, when they never even said that. And, even if Rush does break up, they have given their fans so much material that we should all be grateful that we have so much to choose from. Lighten up, they are just a band. Go take a walk in the park or something.
  • Like 1

Where's that one Debbie Downer TRFer that was blabbing on in other threads about how spoiled Rush fans are and that others here need to face the truth about no more tours? Forgot his name but he'd love the misery in here. I think I'll go wear black and stand in the pouring rain until I catch pneumonia. That'll prime me up to be nice and miserable while thinking of more misery.

That was Bard.

You mean "Brad"?

fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-judge-brad-movie-still.png?w=400

Hamilton!!!

((Edited to add))

Just remembered this little Fast Times trivia: the hot girl that pulls her car up next to Brad's while he's making a delivery in that stupid fast food outfit was Nancy Wilson of Heart.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Agreed goose is correct. There isn't a damn thing wrong with this thread or the sentiment involved. Geez people. My 2 most vivid memories of the band was hearing Caress Of Steel for the first time in my friends car back in 76'. The other was when I was into the band full force waiting and waiting it seemed like forever for AFTK to be released and finally after checking the record every day for at least a week it was there. Raced home and dropped the needle and thought I had died and gone to heaven... :)

Agreed. It was the original topic name that was over the top. Many of the later posters probably never even saw it.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

Agreed goose is correct. There isn't a damn thing wrong with this thread or the sentiment involved. Geez people. My 2 most vivid memories of the band was hearing Caress Of Steel for the first time in my friends car back in 76'. The other was when I was into the band full force waiting and waiting it seemed like forever for AFTK to be released and finally after checking the record every day for at least a week it was there. Raced home and dropped the needle and thought I had died and gone to heaven... :)

Ahhhh, yes! You brought back so much of what was great about music on vinyl! Going to the record store, playing it over and over while sitting there holding the album cover . . .

• Like 2

Let them hate me.

We don't hate you (Or at least, I don't.), it's just that you keep on rehashing the same subject of how painful it is that Rush is breaking up, when they never even said that. And, even if Rush does break up, they have given their fans so much material that we should all be grateful that we have so much to choose from. Lighten up, they are just a band. Go take a walk in the park or something.

Good advice. Put some RUSH on the headset, while you're at it.
  • Like 1

Agreed. It was the original topic name that was over the top. Many of the later posters probably never even saw it.

Gotcha. I never saw it...

I wasn't really Directing my post at Fraroc. more at the idea that won't seem to go away Rush is finished totally. Which again was never said by the band.

That's all.

Mick

To be honest, I would love it if this were the end. A perfect exit, at the top of their game.
  • Like 3

Ahhhh, yes! You brought back so much of what was great about music on vinyl! Going to the record store, playing it over and over while sitting there holding the album cover . . .

I got so excited when cd's first came out and now I don't have any vinyl or a turntable and now I miss vinyl albums so much. CD's ruined everything!
  • Like 1

I got so excited when cd's first came out and now I don't have any vinyl or a turntable and now I miss vinyl albums so much. CD's ruined everything!

I set mine all back up a few months back. It's a great experience to hear all my old vinyls again. Still have every last one I ever bought... :)
  • Like 2

I wasn't really Directing my post at Fraroc. more at the idea that won't seem to go away Rush is finished totally. Which again was never said by the band.

That's all.

Mick

To be honest, I would love it if this were the end. A perfect exit, at the top of their game.

I can see that. One more album would be nice.....but i wouldn't complainn if they went out now. they've nothing left to prove and really owe us nothing more.

Mick

• Like 1

Yeah, our system is buried in storage under the stairs after we got everything on CD. My son got a turntable for Christmas and loves it. Hearing his stuff and seeing pictures of peoples system's here has just about inspired me to dig it out!

• Like 1

I remember my dad being a fan of them since he was 12, then when i was that age, he showed me them. I still remember going in the car and listening to Moving Pictures and Signals with him, it was some of the greatest times ever, and the reason why Rush is my favorite band.

amazing how my dads first concert was Rush when he was 13, and my first concert was Rush when I was 13, just think about that.

All i see is people posting facts about what the band has stated to get him to stop, not flaming.

No there is definitely useless hate on this thread and I dont know why people over react so much

I thought that my hate was more of a productive hate than a useless hate.
  • Like 2

That's all.

Mick

I can see that. One more album would be nice.....but i wouldn't complainn if they went out now. they've nothing left to prove and really owe us nothing more.

Mick

I agree completely.

• Like 1

All i see is people posting facts about what the band has stated to get him to stop, not flaming.

No there is definitely useless hate on this thread and I dont know why people over react so much

I think people are fed up. We've heard the same thing over and over again, tried to give constructive help and yet it's the same thing over and over again.

• Like 4