Have you dated a Rush fan?

amylovesrush

The only Rush fans I've ever met are here.

I never encountered a Rush fan in the flesh in my entire life. That I remember that is.

That's why it's so surreal to go to a concert and have thousands of other fans around you who feel the same way. :LOL:

And that's why it was so great to go to the meetups. We could talk about the band for ages. If I tried that at home my friends would have walked away hours before :D

That's why it's like a big family. Really cool feeling
  • Like 3

The only Rush fans I've ever met are here.

I never encountered a Rush fan in the flesh in my entire life. That I remember that is.

That's why it's so surreal to go to a concert and have thousands of other fans around you who feel the same way. :LOL:

And that's why it was so great to go to the meetups. We could talk about the band for ages. If I tried that at home my friends would have walked away hours before :D

That's why it's like a big family. Really cool feeling

I kind of wish I had been able to go to any of the meet ups but I never had enough time.

Yes, I can't recall how I met her but we went to the Presto Tour at the Capital Centre MD. My first date to a Rush show we had a great time in that she knew lyrics to certain and man was she ever flexible. I gather being a gymnast helps while on the UMD Terps team.

A Rush fan and a gymnast? And she wasn't a keeper? :)

My counterpart - my foolish heart. A man must learn to rule his tender part

A warming trend - a gentle friend. A man must build a fortress to defend

This song mentions nothing about a gymnast. But even the great Neil Peart has appreciate the gymnast...Oh darn, now I'm singing 'Losing It'...

Seriously it never ends

• Like 2

I sort of forced a bunch of shit on her though...but it stuck because she kept seeing rush even after we'd split up

I am surprised she wasn't so devastated by the breakup that she dropped them altogether... :D

I think my taste in music was all she liked about me at the end :LOL:

• Like 3

UMD Terps team

I definitely need to get my eyes checked in a bad way.

I thought the above read "UMD Herpes Team."

Lol that was funny.

• Like 1

Yes, I can't recall how I met her but we went to the Presto Tour at the Capital Centre MD. My first date to a Rush show we had a great time in that she knew lyrics to certain and man was she ever flexible. I gather being a gymnast helps while on the UMD Terps team.

A Rush fan and a gymnast? And she wasn't a keeper? :)

For awhile but she was at school and I wasn't I just didn't see what we had lasting. Besides I had my eyes on another.....it was during a time I was bouncing/jumping from one girl to another. She was amazing to watch though doing the splits on the balance beam.

• Like 1

Part of the reason I married my awesome wife, 12 years ago, is because she's a Rush fan!

She felt the same way about me. Still says it to this day.

• Like 3

Yep, I dated a guy a few months back who liked Rush and went to see them during the S&A tour (yeah that was 7 years ago haha), but he was more of a casual fan and didn't keep up with them as much. He was also kind of a dick, but that's another story :smash:

You dated Bard?

:LOL:

Couldn't have been Bard because she said "...he was...kind of a dick". He's a FULL-ON, unapologetic dick.

:LOL:

• Like 2

Part of the reason I married my awesome wife, 12 years ago, is because she's a Rush fan!

That's fantastic!

I took a girlfriend to a Rush show once...and she wanted to go home after about a half hour. :(

I went for a 19-year dry spell between Rush shows, from 1994-2013...but I'll say, when I saw the Clockwork Angels tour, it seemed that the gender ratio at the shows had changed drastically in that period of time.

That's fantastic!

I took a girlfriend to a Rush show once...and she wanted to go home after about a half hour. :(

I went for a 19-year dry spell between Rush shows, from 1994-2013...but I'll say, when I saw the Clockwork Angels tour, it seemed that the gender ratio at the shows had changed drastically in that period of time.

I agree. My dry spell was 13 years (1994-2007) and I noticed it then. For you it was probably even more of a drastic change.

• Like 1

That's fantastic!

I agree. My dry spell was 13 years (1994-2007) and I noticed it then. For you it was probably even more of a drastic change.

My dry spell was 16 years (86'-02') and everything had changed. Lot's of ladies and older men that looked alot like me. When I just went in May it was even more stark. A bald head and goatee seemed to be as common as a Rush jersey... :codger:

When i meet people...i date...they always say they like Rush.......just because im a big fan. When they cant name ten songs tho..i say DELETE. bye bye

What if they misname a song? For example, they say "Spirit of THE Radio" or "Y..Y..ZEE". Delete?

;)

But... but... I'm American! Our language doesn't have zeds!

• Like 1

When i meet people...i date...they always say they like Rush.......just because im a big fan. When they cant name ten songs tho..i say DELETE. bye bye

What if they misname a song? For example, they say "Spirit of THE Radio" or "Y..Y..ZEE". Delete?

;)

Yeah! I say "zee." I'm not saying, "zed." Ain't natural!

• Like 1

;)

Better dead than zed.

;)

It's their song. It's their airport. It's what our boys say. Give in.

;)

• Like 1

;)

So does that mean "b" is "bed" and "t" is "ted"?

"G" is Ged, that much we already know. :LOL:

• Like 2

;)

;)

NO! It may be their song, way of speaking, their airport... I'm still saying it my way. Nail me or don't. I'm pronouncing it, "zee."

;)

;)

NO! It may be their song, way of speaking, their airport... I'm still saying it my way. Nail me or don't. I'm pronouncing it, "zee."

Funny girl. :)

Most of my fellow yanks pronounce "karaoke" : "care-ree-oh-kee" because that's what we're used to saying. But I'm not saying that shit! I'm going with the originators' method. ;)

;)

;)

It's hard to break a lot of years of saying it a certain way. Like saying Neils last name like the shampoo. I did that for probably 30 years. :LOL:

;)

;)

It's hard to break a lot of years of saying it a certain way. Like saying Neils last name like the shampoo. I did that for probably 30 years. :LOL:

Hehe. Yeah, I kept doing that until I learned the truth. Then again, I don't talk to anyone in my daily life about Rush so I don't get a chance to say "Peairt" and not the shampoo way. :)

This friction will only be worn by persistence.

• Like 1

If I had the chance to go out with a female RUSH fan or a woman who liked the same kind of music in general as me and I liked her then that would be cool but I'm not holding my breath. I think I'd have a better chance of getting struck by lightning.