Eddie Van Halen Is The Greatest Guitar Player Alive In 2015! David Lee Roth Is Still Amazing! FUKK THE CRITICS! FUKK YOU HATERS 2!

RUSHHEAD666

I am sure the Topic Title will get edited in the early east coast morning but I really don't care.

I don't even give a shit that there is another Van Halen Thread on this uptight anal retentive Rush Forum.

I had 9th row center tonight at Van Halen and I fuckking LOVED IT!

"WOMEN IN LOVE!"

"BEAUTIFUL GIRLS!"

"DIRTY MOVIES!"

Are you fuckking kidding me?

The set list was off the charts. SOMEBODY GET ME A DOCTOR!

David was just simply great. Of course he couldn't hit the highs but man he knows how to work a crowd!

The dude was great. He must be getting a check from Under Armor. He looked good in his blue UA top.

The irony for me being a drummer was that I thought the drum solo by Alex was yet again totally weak.

It reminded me of a Neil Peart electronic masturbation solo with synth and bullshit horn instrument samples thrown in.

The apex of course was Eddie's 9 minute solo. My God can he play.

He is the greatest guitarist alive.

SERIOUS FOLKS!

Quit the hating and the chronic masturbating.

VAN HALEN FUKKING RULES!

I really thought that this band was DONE.

I am WRONG!

THEY WILL TOUR AGAIN!

Place your bets mutha fukkas!

Signed,

"LIGHT UP THE SKY!"

What a fukking opener. MIND BLOWN!

• Like 3

There is no better guitar player then Mr. Lifeson. He is simply the greatest!

Now thread can be closed...

Yeah but can he play Waves by Guthrie Govan?

No idea what that is. But yeah, I bet he can! Mr. Lifeson can play anything!

I have a Van Halen dvd and I was shocked at how bad EVH was live.

Maybe he has improved dramatically, I don't know.

The impression I get is that he's a "mess" due to drug/alcohol abuse. Hard to imagine him as the "Best

Guitarist alive".

Glad you enjoyed the concert though. In the end, that's all that really matters.

I have a Van Halen dvd and I was shocked at how bad EVH was live.

Maybe he has improved dramatically, I don't know.

The impression I get is that he's a "mess" due to drug/alcohol abuse. Hard to imagine him as the "Best

Guitarist alive".

Glad you enjoyed the concert though. In the end, that's all that really matters.

What live DVD? If you're looking at his playing from a Rush fan perspective, yeah, Eddie is known as an

Improv style player, falling down the stairs and landing on his feet. It's not like Rush, where they try and sound exactly like the albums. Like a lot if greats, Eddie had his good nights and bad. Hendrix was known to have many sloppy, f***ed up live performances as well.

• Like 1

Are there really people hating on Eddie as a guitar player?

You'd be surprised, but yes. Eddie is overrated and a big jerk. He didn't change the course of rock guitar playing in the least. You can find guys on YouTube playing eruption. Eddies a clown.

I am sure the Topic Title will get edited in the early east coast morning but I really don't care.

I don't even give a shit that there is another Van Halen Thread on this uptight anal retentive Rush Forum.

I had 9th row center tonight at Van Halen and I fuckking LOVED IT!

"WOMEN IN LOVE!"

"BEAUTIFUL GIRLS!"

"DIRTY MOVIES!"

Are you fuckking kidding me?

The set list was off the charts. SOMEBODY GET ME A DOCTOR!

David was just simply great. Of course he couldn't hit the highs but man he knows how to work a crowd!

The dude was great. He must be getting a check from Under Armor. He looked good in his blue UA top.

The irony for me being a drummer was that I thought the drum solo by Alex was yet again totally weak.

It reminded me of a Neil Peart electronic masturbation solo with synth and bullshit horn instrument samples thrown in.

The apex of course was Eddie's 9 minute solo. My God can he play.

He is the greatest guitarist alive.

SERIOUS FOLKS!

Quit the hating and the chronic masturbating.

VAN HALEN FUKKING RULES!

I really thought that this band was DONE.

I am WRONG!

THEY WILL TOUR AGAIN!

Place your bets mutha fukkas!

Signed,

"LIGHT UP THE SKY!"

What a fukking opener. MIND BLOWN!

Right on earl! Although I don't think he's at the same level as 1982, he's definitley better than he was 10 years ago. He looks healthy.

Glad you had a good time. I have no beef with EVH,s guitar skills. I do think he lets negative energy rule his actions off the stage as it seems he constantly has termoil with other band mates EG; David Lee Roth, Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony (having all his pictures removed from abums and replaced with his sons really smooth) and probably will be DLR again soon or maybe even his son Wolfie. Musically the band as a whole suffered from the negative energy chemistry and the music creativity was hampered. They basically are doing a greatest hits tour as the band has found it's way into a creative rut consistantly. I did see some of the live videos when this they embarked on this "we need money" tour started and DLR was a JOKE!! Aweful bad!! he was never steller at his craft other than having some frontman skills. But what a clown I mean YUCK I made my decision that I would not spend my hard earned money to see a non talented baffoon hack up songs that I like. I hope they have gelled a bit and improved but I think they need a replacemet for their front man. Rough Diamond Dave should be honest with him self and just hang it up,,, :finbar:

Edit; And they need to bring Michael Anthony back not only is his bass playing better than Wolfies (which there is not that much skill required at bass for VH songs) his harmonies helped he bands overall sound.

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

I'd love to see a dvd and judge for myself.

Glad to hear though, Earl, your review of the concert.

Well there is official live DVD releases, and the countless audience clips on YouTube. They have released 2 live DVDs.. Live without a net in 1986, and Live, right here right now, in 1993, I believe.

Here is a show that was broadcast in 1995, it's right before Sammy left.

http://youtu.be/UQ5SEjF-z9M

• Like 2

Are there really people hating on Eddie as a guitar player?

You'd be surprised, but yes. Eddie is overrated and a big jerk. He didn't change the course of rock guitar playing in the least. You can find guys on YouTube playing eruption. Eddies a clown.

I think I detect sarcasm but not sure.

Loved Ed back in the day & still love his music but can't stand him now. His Nazi-like attempt to erase Michael Anthony from VH history just proves what a wanker he really is.

The aborted attempt to re-do the album covers with Wolfie aka Chaz Bono was the final straw for me.

His sig guitars are overpriced shit too.

Edited by Turbine Freight
  • Like 5

You have to separate the people from the music/movie/sport.

Everyone has their unsavory moments; Ted Nugent's right wing ramblings don't impact my enjoyment of Double Live gonzo. Michael Jordan's adulterousness doesn't detract form his feats on the court, etc.

Everyone has their unsavory moments; Ted Nugent's right wing ramblings don't impact my enjoyment of Double Live gonzo. Michael Jordan's adulterousness doesn't detract form his feats on the court, etc.

But that's precisely what I've done.

I've said I love the music but he's a prick. Can't make it any clearer than that.

• Like 1

But if the unsavory moments get repeated time and time again what does that say? The definition of insanity is "When one continues to behave the same yet expect different results"...

Edit; Eddie seems to behave the same way towards his band mates. Where negative not positive energy rules...

But if the unsavory moments get repeated time and time again what does that say? The definition of insanity is "When one continues to behave the same yet expect different results"...

Edit; Eddie seems to behave the same way towards his band mates. Where negative not positive energy rules...

And that has what to do with the music he's made? The list of mentally unstable musicians is a long one. I don't have to hang out with Eddie van halen. I just have to listen and watch his guitar playing. He isn't coming over for dinner.

• Like 2

I put Van Halen in with the technical wizards/sound effects crowd. I've never heard him play anything that really struck me emotionally. All that dive-bomby / pinch harmonic crap gets boring after a while. Sorry, don't mean to sound like a "hater" - I have the five VH albums that matter and enjoy them.

And that has what to do with the music he's made? The list of mentally unstable musicians is a long one. I don't have to hang out with Eddie van halen. I just have to listen and watch his guitar playing. He isn't coming over for dinner.

It has limited the depth of his creativity. If he was playing the blues maybe the off scene turmoil would propel him to new levels. But IMPO his energy was spent the wrong way and that is why they have had to change key band members often.

I dont know. I've spent a portion of my life collecting and absorbing thw works of Bill Coaby only to discover that hes a detestable peice of shit serial rapist. I still enjoy VH Albums but Ed is a complete asshole. At leat its just his revisionism thats at play here.