Eddie Van Halen Is The Greatest Guitar Player Alive In 2015! David Lee Roth Is Still Amazing! FUKK THE CRITICS! FUKK YOU HATERS 2!

RUSHHEAD666

The fans that are going to see them for the first time this tour are bigger fans than any of the former VH fans turned haters will EVER be.

The word "hater" implies they hate them without reason.

That's exactly right, and they do.

Well I sure as shit wouldn't see Yes with only Howe in it, nor Guns N Roses with only Axl. Lots of folks didn't see Black Sabbath with even 3/4 of it's original members. I'd see Van Halen or Sabbath without all the original members because I consider them to be bands based around one main guy, but nobody else has to and I fully support their opinion. Why miss out because of a petty rivalry?

Edited by Union 5-3992

I was just doing some checking on used Diver Down cds and came across the comment Eddie made that it is his "least favorite album." I don't know what would make him say that, but I'm not him.

I did like this little comment he made about doing songs made famous by other bands, and couldn't help but think of Feedback: "I'd rather bomb with my own stuff than score with somebody else's."

I think he disliked DD because Roth pushed for the inclusion of covers & used some of Eddie's original music/riffs & incorporated them therein.

Dancing In The Streets is an example. That intro moog riff was Eddie's but Roth stole it & tacked it on to a Motown hit.

Ed felt ripped off.

Did he do it behind Eddie's back?

No idea. But DD has 5 covers on it, some of which have Ed's music in them. No wonder he was annoyed. Especially when you consider the quality of the VH originals that made the cut.

I'm getting the impression that DLR dominated the band? How else could he do something that would get Eddie so upset?

It's not that DLR dominated the band or it was done behind his back. The statement thT explains all this actually comes from Hagar, he said that the van halen boys couldn't write a song if their life depended on it. When you can't write then you are automatically deferring to another member or outside people. It's why Roth van halen sounds nothing like Hagar van halen.

I was just doing some checking on used Diver Down cds and came across the comment Eddie made that it is his "least favorite album." I don't know what would make him say that, but I'm not him.

I did like this little comment he made about doing songs made famous by other bands, and couldn't help but think of Feedback: "I'd rather bomb with my own stuff than score with somebody else's."

I think he disliked DD because Roth pushed for the inclusion of covers & used some of Eddie's original music/riffs & incorporated them therein.

Dancing In The Streets is an example. That intro moog riff was Eddie's but Roth stole it & tacked it on to a Motown hit.

Ed felt ripped off.

No idea. But DD has 5 covers on it, some of which have Ed's music in them. No wonder he was annoyed. Especially when you consider the quality of the VH originals that made the cut.

I'm getting the impression that DLR dominated the band? How else could he do something that would get Eddie so upset?

It's not that DLR dominated the band or it was done behind his back. The statement thT explains all this actually comes from Hagar, he said that the van halen boys couldn't write a song if their life depended on it. When you can't write then you are automatically deferring to another member or outside people. It's why Roth van halen sounds nothing like Hagar van halen.

I think the results of Van Halen III back this up in a way. It's the one album where it's all him. I think Eddie Van Halen writes brilliant music. He just can't edit it or arrange it.

I'm not trying to be frustrating, but I don't understand what you mean that he (Eddie) couldn't write a song. Who wrote their music then? And who put it all together? DLR and then Sammy?

I believe Eddie writes all the music and his collaborators arrange the music to the melodies they write over the music.

• Like 1

Wow. Ok. So now eddie van halen can't write his own music? Haha.. Shit, does he have ghost players come in and lay down the parts too?

As for diver down, here is the story..

They released Pretty woman as a one off single, and it was there biggest hit up to thr time. The record company demanded an album to keep up the momentum. They banged out DD in like 2 weeks. That's why eddie Doesn't like it all that much I believe.

Ed felt ripped off.

How do you explain all the early , club show material? Hagar is lucky he got the gig with the VH boys, or he would have been f***in retired decades ago.

I'm not trying to be frustrating, but I don't understand what you mean that he (Eddie) couldn't write a song. Who wrote their music then? And who put it all together? DLR and then Sammy?

I believe Eddie writes all the music and his collaborators arrange the music to the melodies they write over the music.

His collaborators? Who might that be?

The amount of disrespect eddie van halen gets on this board is mindblowng.

Here's another question.

I know I had the album 1984, but the cd cover for the album isn't the one I remember for the vinyl back then. Did they change it?

And where do they get off charging $17.96 for a brand new CD?

Cause the van Halens are jerks!! Not nice guys like Geddy,Alex and Neil! The rush boys can do no wrong!!

Ed felt ripped off.

How do you explain all the early , club show material? Who the f**k wrote atomic punk? In all my years of reading about this band, and Eddie, I have NEVER heard this bullshit. Wtf? Hagar is lucky he got the gig with the VH boys, or he would have been f***in retired decades ago.

His collaborators? Who might that be?

The amount of disrespect eddie van halen gets on this board is mindblowng.

Does Eddie Van Halen also write the melodies? The lyrics?

I think it's a valid point that EVH collaborated with distinctly different vocalists. Vocalists that dictated the style of music of their respective eras. The songs from the Gary Cherone-era meandered and seemed unfocused.

I don't think it's disrespectful to EVH to point this out.

Also, I have argued in favor of EVH consistently on this forum.

Ed felt ripped off.

How do you explain all the early , club show material? Who the f**k wrote atomic punk? In all my years of reading about this band, and Eddie, I have NEVER heard this bullshit. Wtf? Hagar is lucky he got the gig with the VH boys, or he would have been f***in retired decades ago.

Was "Atomic Punk" written and arranged before David Lee Roth?

I wasn't there. I can on,y go by what's been said and the evidence. Huge difference in sound between DLR and Hagar era and a complete lack of good song with Cherone.

I wasn't there. I can on,y go by what's been said and the evidence. Huge difference in sound between DLR and Hagar era and a complete lack of good song with Cherone.

I saw all versions of Van Halen.

Nothing touches the original line up. That's a given.

I can't stand SLAM HALEN. JUNK. Most of you guys know that by now.

As for VAN HALEN III I agree there are some ok songs on the record.

Now as for seeing that tour I must say it wasn't that bad. They opened with "Mean Street" so I instantly creamed in my jeans.

The only other highlight was when Gary the Fairy went off stage to change clothes and Michael Anthony took over on vocals and the band did "Somebody Get Me A Doctor" as a three piece.

I was fuckking floored.

I always thought that Van Halen should just tour as a three piece from that moment.

Unreal shit man.

VAN HALEN RULES!

I find it hard to take Van Halen seriously anymore. I think it was the simple fact that I outgrew them around 1984. I think, for the most part, that their music and lyrics are for kids (which is no problem as that is who they were trying to appeal to at the time).
  • Like 1

Is Dave gonna get his cool image back?? Drop the shit haircut and old man clothes??

Well the one thing I did like seeing is that Dave is wearing Under Armor on stage. He is still in great shape he just has shitty hair and a shitty high voice. Otherwise he's awesome!!

I wonder if Dave is getting a check from the Under Armor company.

I find it hard to take Van Halen seriously anymore. I think it was the simple fact that I outgrew them around 1984. I think, for the most part, that their music and lyrics are for kids (which is no problem as that is who they were trying to appeal to at the time).

I'm never going to grow up! I will listen to Van Halen when I'm 98! The lyrics are all about partying, sex, boozing and sex.

I FUKKING LOVE THE LYRICS! "We're gettin' funny in the back of my car..............."

I can't wait to feel your love tonight.

• Like 1

I'm never going to grow up! I will listen to Van Halen when I'm 98! The lyrics are all about partying, sex, boozing and sex.

I FUKKING LOVE THE LYRICS! "We're gettin' funny in the back of my car..............."

Seriously, I think David Lee Roth is a pretty good lyricist. Very witty and a great sense of humor. Sometimes that's the right stuff.

• Like 3

I don't know how old you are Relayer but I saw Van Halen live in 1984 when I was 16. I'm still in love with this band and I'm 47 with a 19 year old state of mind.

Life is short so rock out with your cock out!

Signed,

The Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Like 1

Seriously, I think David Lee Roth is a pretty good lyricist. Very witty and a great sense of humor. Sometimes that's the right stuff.

Hell yes my friend!!!

Hey do you think "Stay Frosty" is a sequel to "Ice Cream Man?"

• Like 1