What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

My mom 10/31/40 - 12/7/16. 76 years young. I cannot wrap my head around the fact that she is gone. She went into the hospital the day after thanksgiving and she passed on Wednesday evening 4:50 p.m. I would like to believe that she went to a place where she is perfect and happy and healthy and can do whatever, whenever. I love and already miss you, mom. Thank you for everything and for being in my life. :rose:

I liked your post because that is THE SAME THING I SAID when my Mom passed. Condolences to you and I DO know how you feel!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Crying%20banana.gif

• Like 1

My mom 10/31/40 - 12/7/16. 76 years young. I cannot wrap my head around the fact that she is gone. She went into the hospital the day after thanksgiving and she passed on Wednesday evening 4:50 p.m. I would like to believe that she went to a place where she is perfect and happy and healthy and can do whatever, whenever. I love and already miss you, mom. Thank you for everything and for being in my life. :rose:

Such a touching post but oh gosh I'm sorry to hear this, librarian. My deepest condolences to you :hug2:

• Like 1

:hug2: :rose: :hug2:

• Like 1

I had to break up with my boyfriend yesterday. The timing wasn't good (when is it ever?) and I'm very sorry about that, but the clincher was when I was asking if he still loved me and he wouldn't answer the question. :( :( :(

You are amazing

Fun, beautiful, good taste, crazy humour, appreciation for the deeper things...you deserve a king and a court fool all in one!

Sorry to hear this but honestly, I've never met you and I already know it's his loss.

I'm so very sorry, Librarian. :hug2: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I wish I could stop having regrets. Is this one of the stages of grief? I wish I had done more of this, less of that. It's like my psyche is doing everything it can to make me feel as awful as possible.

I want my wife back.

I wish I could stop having regrets. Is this one of the stages of grief? I wish I had done more of this, less of that. It's like my psyche is doing everything it can to make me feel as awful as possible.

I want my wife back.

I was doing the same thing last night after the doctor called. Wish i hadn't done/said this or that; or that I had said/done this or that.

I'm so very sorry, Mark. :hug2:

Here's something I learned too late in life and I pass it on to you.

Don't torture and torment yourself. You feel bad enough without doing things (like listening to The Garden over and over) that make you feel worse.

She wouldn't want you to do that. It doesn't help you at all, and all it does it continuously rip off the scab that is forming over the wound.

Let yourself heal, and give yourself time.

Grief has stages. I don't know if those stages are common to everyone in the same way.

Time is really the only remedy unfortunately.

• Like 2

I want my wife back.

I was doing the same thing last night after the doctor called. Wish i hadn't done/said this or that; or that I had said/done this or that.

I'm so very sorry, Mark. :hug2:

Here's something I learned too late in life and I pass it on to you.

Don't torture and torment yourself. You feel bad enough without doing things (like listening to The Garden over and over) that make you feel worse.

She wouldn't want you to do that. It doesn't help you at all, and all it does it continuously rip off the scab that is forming over the wound.

Let yourself heal, and give yourself time.

Grief has stages. I don't know if those stages are common to everyone in the same way.

Time is really the only remedy unfortunately.

Tormenting myself is one of my talents. Janet made me forget to do that. You're right: she wouldn't want me to do this. Yet it sneaks up on me . . .

• Like 1

I want my wife back.

The feeling of regret is, if not universally associated with grief then at the very least, commonly associated with it. Regret is reflection. It shows how human we are. Naturally, it'd happen when one is grieving the loss of a loved one. Avoiding feelings of regret may be impossible but not being consumed by them isn't.

Sorry again for your loss toymaker.

• Like 2

Aleppo

It angers me that nothing is being done on the scale it should be.