What Rush song do you secretly loathe that every one else loves

rftag

The Pass, Bravado, The Fountain of Lamneth, Digital Man, Chemistry (if it counts), Carve Away the Stone, Armor and Sword, Faithless, Marathon, Territories.

I'm going with Digital Man too...sorry but "it is what it is"!

Cygnus X-1 Book 1

Now before you get your panties in a bunch, I agree it absolutely rocked on this tour. I realized the part I hated about it was the goofy lyrics and hysterical vocals. But as an instrumental, it's sssssmokin hot.

http://gifs.ozini.com/images/1976.gif

Spirit of Radio,didn,t really like when i first heard it.Same for Distant Early Warning.

Incidentally, if you say a song on your list is "great" or that you really like it but just not as much as other songs, you don't "loathe" it.

I guess...

Ok, just rush songs I loathe?

Far Cry

Faithless

By Tor

Stick It Out

Incidentally, if you say a song on your list is "great" or that you really like it but just not as much as other songs, you don't "loathe" it.

I guess...

Far Cry

Faithless

By Tor

Stick It Out

Actually...pretty much all of Snakes and Arrows...

• Like 1

I guess...

Far Cry

Faithless

By Tor

Stick It Out

Far Cry? Really? I actually think that is both musically and lyrically up there with their early 80s output.

I don't really loathe any of their stuff. However, unless I'm going through a really long Rush binge and desperately need variety you won't find me listening to the Hold Your Fire - Test For Echo stretch of albums.

• Like 1

Bastille Day

Available Light

Earthshine

These hurt!

I mean, opinions and all, but these three are top twenty Rush for me! (AL and BD top ten!).

I like this post because I am truly reminded that my faves are not shared by all haha...

In all honesty, your entire list is top fifty material for me lol!

Anyway...I wish to say most of Counterparts, although not loathed, is not liked by me. But is that album a fan fave? Not sure...

CP's polarizing, but not as polarizing as Presto or Vapor Trails.

The Garden

The Body Electric

This one might not qualify, but The Wreckers

Does everyone like TBE? I do, but I always feel I'm defending that song.

Not sure....seems a lot of people really like it. It just aint my bag

I guess...

Far Cry

Faithless

By Tor

Stick It Out

Far Cry? WTF?

If there was an older fan who lost touch with the band and wanted to get back into them and ask me to recommend some newer Rush to them, Far Cry would be the first song i'd tell them to listen to.

What's not to like about it? It's a perfect Rush song.

• Like 2

I guess...

Far Cry

Faithless

By Tor

Stick It Out

Far Cry? WTF?

If there was an older fan who lost touch with the band and wanted to get back into them and ask me to recommend some newer Rush to them, Far Cry would be the first song i'd tell them to listen to.

What's not to like about it? It's a perfect Rush song.

You just described me. I didn't really follow them that closely again until Snakes and Arrows came out. But they were my favorite band between 1980 (when I was 13) and 1985.

A Farewell to Kings

Agreed. Want to know what else?

THE most overrated album by fans in their catalog.

:o

Yup. You heard me right my friend. I love Xanadu. I love Cinderella Man. The rest of the album? Not so much.

ESPECIALLY Cygnus X-1, Book 1.

• Like 2

A Farewell to Kings

Agreed. Want to know what else?

THE most overrated album by fans in their catalog.

Definitely.

Not you too?? How do I atone for this? I know, I will listen to the album twice. But only after I give Digital Man a few listens. :wub: :wub:

and honestly, the most overrated rush album is probably counterparts. believe it or not, TRF is the only place where I see it getting serious criticism. on most music communities on the web that I frequent (not rush fansites, just music), CP is often looked at as the lone good album after moving pictures Edited by bathory