Who Has The Best Avatar?

Turbine Freight

av·a·tar :

representing a particular person

Got that covered... :sigh: To be honest this kind of sh*t really doesn't bother me in the least. Maybe it should I don't know...

Who's the Nazi represented in your avatar?

:joker: :P

• Like 1

Since everybody except Jim Lahey has chimed in I'll spend two cents. The Nazi SS were probably the best dressed mo-fos ever. I'm not some PC softie. I wouldn't post pics of them off topic or in an avatar. I'd certainly change my avatar if it got this much attention. Maybe some old muscle car built in Dearborn.

Just an opinion, you're mileage may vary.

• Like 1

Since everybody except Jim Lahey has chimed in I'll spend two cents. The Nazi SS were probably the best dressed mo-fos ever. I'm not some PC softie. I wouldn't post pics of them off topic or in an avatar. I'd certainly change my avatar if it got this much attention. Maybe some old muscle car built in Dearborn.

So should you or I have to change ours because some women find it sexist?

Edited by troutman

Maybe I should the image of a convicted child rapist, just because the picture is interesting.

I'm sure he'll say go ahead, because it's your intent that matters..

You know what Ford's intent really is? It's to get people bickering... He wants to blow a pseudo-intellectual load all over those who call him a pest "No I'm not! These things are subjective! Moral equivalence! Blah blah blah... Why are you getting offended so easily? Aren't you supposed to be an adult? Control your emotions, let's be mature here... Look at me!"

:eh:

We should ignore it and stop derailing this thread.

What a silly post. You should go into business as a psychic, although you'd be completely wrong, like the rest of them.

Silly? Why do you keep trying to stir things up? Why would you deliberately want to make somebody upset? I just don't get that mindset. Avatars generally are things that people like or want to represent them. A lot of people have been hurt by the war, my own included. It's either ignorance on your part or a deliberate intention to be controversial. If it's neither of those, it's got to be deliberate meanness at this point.

• Like 6

I agree. The Nazi regime was incredibly tidy.

That's not praise but it cannot be denied. Very high standards of dress.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

So now your praising them. :LOL:

• Like 1

Since everybody except Jim Lahey has chimed in

The old Jets kicker hasn't chimed in?... ;)

:rfl: ... Truth stranger than fiction indeed....
  • Like 1

Actually, what's up with the Himmler thing? Seems a little f***ed to me

It's just a picture of a historical figure. Does everything have to be sending a message?

We don't need to remember him. If he had had his way, families like mine would not be here.

But he didn't and here you are.

What about the axiom "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it"? I'm not glorifying him or what he did, just using a picture I find interesting. tumblr_nkaygaQK0j1uoemp0o1_500.png

It's just a picture of a historical figure. Does everything have to be sending a message?

you put a guy like that in your avatar and it sends a message that you don't care whether people think you're an asshole.

So now I'm an asshole just because I used a prominent Nazi as an avatar? Shouldn't you at least read some of my posts and try to make a more informed decision? Are people so touchy that simply looking at a picture is so objectionable that they label the person using it? What if I had the Piss Christ display? Or maybe they "art" of a picture of Jesus smeared with elephant crap? Would that offend your delicate sensibilities too?

aaaaaaand...CONFIRMED!

I never said that I was offended, only that your avatar makes it clear that you don't care whether people think you're an asshole. this post makes it clear that you don't care whether people think you're a DISINGENUOUS asshole.

at the very least, man, you should own it.

I wan't going to post any thing,

But you guys need to lighten up. It is only a picture and I have already talked with him about it. BTW, do you think life would be better off forgetting past evil in the world? And the evil that is now present around the world? It should never be forgotten. Would you bi*** at me for watching a documentary on Hitler?

I've never heard of anyone using an avatar to represent something they hate. Have you?

This isn't about forgetting evil. I've seen plenty of documentaries on Hitler, I've read Shirer's book and another 900 page biography on him (Toland, maybe?) The thought crossing my mind of using any of these POSs as my avatar is the same as there is that I'll wear a shirt with Che Guevara's picture....zero.

Who cares,

Its only a picture. He has his reasons and your judging some one you don't even know. I despise the Hitler regime just like most. Does that mean they should close the tours at Auschwitz?

That's (the Auschwitz references) is completely different as has been noted above.

I'm not even saying he should have to change it although the admins have that right. I'm just saying that it's offensive and that it says more about him than the ones objecting to it. And as far as stimulating conversation is concerned, are there really two sides to any argument about f***ing Himmler?

• Like 1

No. I am not ignorant of facts. The Nazi regime was very structured and looks were important.

Behind the facade was deep cruelty.

I really like LittleRushmonkeys avatar too. Tim!!!..... :cheers:
  • Like 2

av·a·tar :

1. Hinduism - a manifestation of a deity or released soul in bodily form on earth; an incarnate divine teacher

2. Computing - an icon or figure representing a particular person in computer games, Internet forums, etc

Oh heck. You found me out, I'm a Nazi. I wish all mud people would go away. I wish only the pure whiteness of the Aryans prevailed. If I had my way I'd have you all shot!

av·a·tar :

1. Hinduism - a manifestation of a deity or released soul in bodily form on earth; an incarnate divine teacher

2. Computing - an icon or figure representing a particular person in computer games, Internet forums, etc

Oh heck. You found me out, I'm a Nazi. I wish all mud people would go away. I wish only the pure whiteness of the Aryans prevailed. If I had my way I'd have you all shot!

I think you may have misunderstood Lucas intent with his post. He would have to pop by to confirm however... :)

av·a·tar :

I think you may have misunderstood Lucas intent with his post. He would have to pop by to confirm however... :)

Wouldn't be the first time that happened on the internet. For instance, some people think that a picture or piece of art you choose, represents your beliefs and morals and can make you an asshole. Who knew?

• Like 3

Janie's are awesome because even though there is a lot of turnover, it's all the same theme.

The more that things change, the more they stay the same.

And Umoveme has pretty consistently been using some Kristen Wiig AV, so that's great, too.

I like the caricature. I never change her. It's always her but usually I change her once a week to something random or something that pertains to a certain post I've made.

• Like 3

No. I am not ignorant of facts. The Nazi regime was very structured and looks were important.

Behind the facade was deep cruelty.

Well son,

Praising what they wore isn't exactly hatred. BTW, you wouldn't last two hours where I work. We joke about any and everything. It can get personal at times but we all know its just joking around. Grow a thicker skin. Your not the only one affected by tragedy in life.

• Like 2

We don't need to remember him. If he had had his way, families like mine would not be here.

What about the axiom "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it"? I'm not glorifying him or what he did, just using a picture I find interesting. tumblr_nkaygaQK0j1uoemp0o1_500.png

you put a guy like that in your avatar and it sends a message that you don't care whether people think you're an asshole.

So now I'm an asshole just because I used a prominent Nazi as an avatar? Shouldn't you at least read some of my posts and try to make a more informed decision? Are people so touchy that simply looking at a picture is so objectionable that they label the person using it? What if I had the Piss Christ display? Or maybe they "art" of a picture of Jesus smeared with elephant crap? Would that offend your delicate sensibilities too?

aaaaaaand...CONFIRMED!

I never said that I was offended, only that your avatar makes it clear that you don't care whether people think you're an asshole. this post makes it clear that you don't care whether people think you're a DISINGENUOUS asshole.

But you guys need to lighten up. It is only a picture and I have already talked with him about it. BTW, do you think life would be better off forgetting past evil in the world? And the evil that is now present around the world? It should never be forgotten. Would you bi*** at me for watching a documentary on Hitler?

I've never heard of anyone using an avatar to represent something they hate. Have you?

This isn't about forgetting evil. I've seen plenty of documentaries on Hitler, I've read Shirer's book and another 900 page biography on him (Toland, maybe?) The thought crossing my mind of using any of these POSs as my avatar is the same as there is that I'll wear a shirt with Che Guevara's picture....zero.

Who cares,

Its only a picture. He has his reasons and your judging some one you don't even know. I despise the Hitler regime just like most. Does that mean they should close the tours at Auschwitz?

That's (the Auschwitz references) is completely different as has been noted above.

I'm not even saying he should have to change it although the admins have that right. I'm just saying that it's offensive and that it says more about him than the ones objecting to it. And as far as stimulating conversation is concerned, are there really two sides to any argument about f***ing Himmler?

Tell me,

What does it say about him? Has he bragged about the Nazis and shown his love for them?

• Like 1

So Fordgalaxy has the best AV?

:huh:

Apparently so. I am calling this thing...
  • Like 1

aaaaaaand...CONFIRMED!

Who cares,

Tell me,

What does it say about him? Has he bragged about the Nazis and shown his love for them?

So far the only comment I remember reading about Himmler (and I will be glad to apologize if I'm wrong) is that the "man" was an interesting historical figure. If you make a comment about Himmler that stops with "he was an interesting historical figure" as if nothing more needed to be said, I believe that says something right there, none of it good. As a matter of fact, Himmler isn't even a particularly interesting historical figure, there's no nuance there, just pure evil, a cardboard cutout of a "human being".

Janie's has to be my favorite. I also covet Mike/Rush Revisited's MP avatar. Dibs if he ever decides to give it up!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/thatssotrue_com_1257_1329759570.gif

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/self_high_five.gif