Official R40 Setlist Poll--Expectations met?

R40 Setlist Poll  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Did Rush deliver the Goods?

• Hell Yes
    • Meh
    • Big disappointment--I want my money back
  2. 2. Biggest Surprise of the Night

• Jacob's Ladder
    • Xanadu
    • Hemispheres--Prelude
    • Cygnus x1 Instrumental--drum solo
    • Lakeside Park
    • Anthem
    • What you're Doing?
    • Working Man
    • Clockwork Angels Opener
    • Epic Roll the Bones video
    • Geddy playing Thunderbird bass
    • Doublenecks
    • The Light Show of Light Shows

Jacob's Ladder was transcendant...so well done. I'm gonna have to straighten out EagleMoon calling out Alex for making a mistake (or 3) in the song.

BUZZKILL

Sorry, I just calls em as I hears em. :)

Definitely a shocker that second set and now I am already interested for Sunday….. I'm sure like everyone is thinking… please please DO NOT SUB OUT JACOB'S LADDER!!! There is going to be rioting if you sub out a song you rarely ever played and last time was 1980.

But seriously its looking like the subs will be:

Anarchist/Wreckers

Red Barchetta/YYZ

Jacobs/Natural Science

DEW/Big Money

No clue where Camera Eyes is going to fit in

I wouldn't be surprised if it was alternated with Xanadu. I think the show in Lincoln will answer this question.

If they swap out Xanadu with Camera Eye, Set A would win every single round. And I have show #14 if this is what happens so I get set B.

No swapping Xanadu. It's got to stay.

• Like 1

Definitely a shocker that second set and now I am already interested for Sunday….. I'm sure like everyone is thinking… please please DO NOT SUB OUT JACOB'S LADDER!!! There is going to be rioting if you sub out a song you rarely ever played and last time was 1980.

But seriously its looking like the subs will be:

Anarchist/Wreckers

Red Barchetta/YYZ

Jacobs/Natural Science

DEW/Big Money

No clue where Camera Eyes is going to fit in

I wouldn't be surprised if it was alternated with Xanadu. I think the show in Lincoln will answer this question.

If they swap out Xanadu with Camera Eye, Set A would win every single round. And I have show #14 if this is what happens so I get set B.

I'll be at the NYC show (wish I could go to the Newark show as well but concert/music buying budget's a bit tight atm) and that's show #22. Unless I was super high when I counted, NYC gets Set A.

Odds get A, even's get B. And that's only if they keep a tight leash on a two-setlist tour. There's not guessing it at all atm. If they had three setlists and rotated them, I'd get A on #14.

The thing I'm thinking is for the most part the swapping goes with a song from that album. I feel like the hemispheres - cygnus - ctth - xanadu - 2112 will be a constant. Jacobs ladder and NS are roughly around the same length so that could work. red barchetta for camera eye? camera eye is long and the tour book indicates that yyz will rotate with that. So really no clue what they are going to do with Camera Eye.

Anybody know if that Big Al video played? I think we were all assuming it was for some acoustic intro he would do but that didn't end up?

Are we thinking the encore is gonna stay constant? It should it always has for every other tour I guess apart from minor changes in CA.

Edited by mrfriendly

The epic Roll the Bones video finally made the rap part fun. The Trailer Park Boys rock!

I voted Jacobs Ladder, Geddy playing the double neck during Xanadu gave me wood.

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 1

Yes, I realize I am the "meh" vote, but I chalk that up more to the first set rather than the second set.

I voted money back...and Roll the Bones, cause I'm a smartass. But Jacobs Ladder and Lakeside are worth the price of admission. I was texting my buddies like mad to share the setlist.

Nobody saw LP coming. Or Anthem. Or WYD. JL was the shiznit. Well played boys!!! RTB was made cool by that video...way cool

You were there? How come we did not drink together?

• Like 1

WOW. Just call I can say, first set seemed a little standard. Kind of surprised nothing from T4E, Presto or HYF. All albums I love. So whatever. Any disappointments were completely overturned by that 2nd set. Just wow. Lakeside park and What You're Doing were huge surprises. I though I was being F'd with! :). After that the rest seemed standard, but no YYZ? No La Villa? That was surprising.
  • Like 2

I said I would try not to look, but I had to. I simply couldn't ware until June 27!!!

It exceeded my expectations! TMMB and One Little Victory were huge surprises, and that whole second set…UNGODLY! Jacob's Ladder? Hemispheres Prelude? FULL Xanadu with double necks?! Incredible!!!

• Like 1

Why are the choices only "Hell Yeah, Meh, and A Huge Dissapointment?" I though the setlist was great, but they could have done a LOT more for the synth era.
  • Like 2

1st set was a dud.

But 2nd set was the best 12 songs together ever!!

So, yes a great show.

How in the hell can the 1st set be a dud? Its like a 'Best Of' the second half of their career. And all of those songs are all upbeat too--lotsa energy!

Why is anyone surprised they are playing Jacob's Ladder? That's the one song I KNEW THEY WOULD BRING BACK. Everyone has been asking for it for years and GEDDY CAN STILL SING IT. Now, Anthem...that is shocking. AND AWESOME!!!

• Like 1

1st set was a dud.

But 2nd set was the best 12 songs together ever!!

So, yes a great show.

How in the hell can the 1st set be a dud?

I dunno, but about 5 people out of 63 are saying it, which says you can't please everybody.

Still in shock over the 2nd set. LAKESIDE PARK--can you dig it? I can and did!

Why are the choices only "Hell Yeah, Meh, and A Huge Dissapointment?" I though the setlist was great, but they could have done a LOT more for the synth era.

The had to make choices. Limited time. They've played many songs from the synth era on recent tours, so this is not a big deal. Good thing is you can always go back in time and buy the DVD's. Sorry that you only got a 24 oz ribeye, when you wanted a 25 ounce.

• Like 1

The first set was fine. Rush is that stuff. If you don't like the later era stuff fine, but you know that is the majority of their career. Enjoy it for what it is

If you would have posted that second set before the show I would have laughed and told you that you need to temper your expectations. No way are they going to play all of that.

The Periscope feed was amazing. To hear and see it made that setlist even better.They were killing it (yeah, they made a few bobbles but they still were so heavy). I tell ya... to get to hear What You're Doing this one time before they hang it up makes the ticket price worth it. The rest of that early 70's stuff is sublime as well. As a fan from the early days, this set it the one I only dreamed they would play.

• Like 3

The first set was fine. Rush is that stuff. If you don't like the later era stuff fine, but you know that is the majority of their career. Enjoy it for what it is

If you would have posted that second set before the show I would have laughed and told you that you need to temper your expectations. No way are they going to play all of that.

The Periscope feed was amazing. To hear and see it made that setlist even better.They were killing it (yeah, they made a few bobbles but they still were so heavy). I tell ya... to get to hear What You're Doing this one time before they hang it up makes the ticket price worth it. The rest of that early 70's stuff is sublime as well. As a fan from the early days, this set it the one I only dreamed they would play.

Good post. I found the energy, and the willingness for Geddy to let it all hang out heroic. He WANTS to please the fans, as do the rest of the crew!

• Like 2

JR, a lot of us were actually watching live on periscope.

What is that, is that like Instagram, Tinder or Snapchat?

And for starters, the first set was just great. Really good.

Yeah The First set was good. It truly rocked which is what they were going for I think. Not a week song in the batch. I was hoping for Cut to the Chase instead of Animate. If Fact I don't think they played one "Unplayed" song. But what the Hell, that second set will keep me Gisting in my pants for a while.

:blush:

• Like 1

Nooooo, This was a live feed from the concert through someones phone or something. The Technology was incredible! It was Awesome to be at RUSH's opening night in my boxer shorts!

• Like 2

I think Xanadu will stay, I have a feeling JL/NS/CE will be rotated.

If they rotate Jacobs Ladder with anything its a travesty to Whom ever is at the show.

Specially if they know its in the set!

:blaze:

• Like 1

Nooooo, This was a live feed from the concert through someones phone or something. The Technology was incredible! It was Awesome to be at RUSH's opening night in my boxer shorts!

It may have been better than being there live. You stayed dry. Section 328 smelled of vomit, the heat from the floor seemed rise to the cheap seats, speaking of seats small worse than coach. How is the ringing in your ears this morning?

• Like 1