Official R40 Setlist Poll--Expectations met?

R40 Setlist Poll  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Did Rush deliver the Goods?

• Hell Yes
    • Meh
    • Big disappointment--I want my money back
  2. 2. Biggest Surprise of the Night

• Jacob's Ladder
    • Xanadu
    • Hemispheres--Prelude
    • Cygnus x1 Instrumental--drum solo
    • Lakeside Park
    • Anthem
    • What you're Doing?
    • Working Man
    • Clockwork Angels Opener
    • Epic Roll the Bones video
    • Geddy playing Thunderbird bass
    • Doublenecks
    • The Light Show of Light Shows

And for starters, the first set was just great. Really good.

Yeah The First set was good. It truly rocked which is what they were going for I think. Not a week song in the batch. I was hoping for Cut to the Chase instead of Animate. If Fact I don't think they played one "Unplayed" song. But what the Hell, that second set will keep me Gisting in my pants for a while.

:blush:

To me Clockwork Angels is a perfect opener. It is an EPIC track. And to have the Anarchist AND Headlong Flight---wow!!! Great choices

• Like 3

JR, a lot of us were actually watching live on periscope.

What is that, is that like Instagram, Tinder or Snapchat?

Nooooo, This was a live feed from the concert through someones phone or something. The Technology was incredible! It was Awesome to be at RUSH's opening night in my boxer shorts!

It may have been better than being there live.

Nooooo, This was a live feed from the concert through someones phone or something. The Technology was incredible! It was Awesome to be at RUSH's opening night in my boxer shorts!

It may have been better than being there live. You stayed dry. Section 328 smelled of vomit, the heat from the floor seemed rise to the cheap seats, speaking of seats small worse than coach. How is the ringing in your ears this morning?

I have none. And I'm am very rested and dry but it still not better.

Edited by losingit2k

It may have been better than being there live. You stayed dry. Section 328 smelled of vomit, the heat from the floor seemed rise to the cheap seats, speaking of seats small worse than coach. How is the ringing in your ears this morning?

OK Hector. what was your favorite moment?

OK Hector. what was your favorite moment?

Hmm what was my favorite moment? When the lasers came on during Jacob's Ladder. I already had a full on robot chubby, but then the lasers came on and I gist in my pants!

:blush:

Edited by losingit2k

I've been to so many concerts that I no longer have ringing in my ears.

• Like 1

I've been to so many concerts that I no longer have ringing in my ears.

Here's your Rush card...have you seen them yet? :blush:

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/RUSH%20card_zpsnsbflzdh.jpg

lol...no ringing, but I couldn't get to sleep until 3.20am (eastern) cuz I was so moved by what they did, and getting to hear it live, and share with the community here.

I actually awoke 8am trembling and near tears, my first memory was Lakeside, given Ged's comments in the past, never thought we'd hear that live.

I feel hung over, yet I had nothing to drink last nite!

Was the light show as special as it looked on Periscope?

• Like 1

We just got a taste my friend. we're lucky to have had that aren't we? It was awesome to share with you!

• Like 1

We just got a taste my friend. we're lucky to have had that aren't we? It was awesome to share with you!

That was pretty incredible. I was expecting a night of watching the songs come in via Twitter posts and Chatting about it will TRF's. And then that link popped up and we were IN! We were in Tulsa watching RUSH's opening night with everyone else. It was Amazing. It blows the mind! In the Future you can be at any show on any given date. I see them placing cameras all around concert halls in strategic locations even on stage. Where people can log in for a minimum price (This is America after all) and enjoy the event. Wait that's pay per view! OK never mind. Regardless it was awesome. Last thing I expected last night was to be watching RUSH live during their opening night! I dare say it again.......I gist in my pants!

• Like 2

Very lucky. I'm still trembling. They put on a masterpiece.

Very lucky. I'm still trembling. They put on a masterpiece.

Tell me what I missed. Please someone....so I don't have to wade through endless posts to find out which isn't easy with dial up to begin with.

I see they did Xanadu. The whole thing?

Did they do The Weapon????

• Like 1

Longtime big time Rush fan here but new to this board.

First became a fan in 1976 when my neighbor played me ATWAS and I was permanently hooked. I'm like the 'Prodigal Son' when it comes to seeing Rush live though, I first saw them on the AFWTK Tour, Hemispheres next, couldn't see the PW tour (was in college in an area they didn't play) but saw the MP Tour which (yes I confess) was my last till next month when I see them in Columbus Ohio. Lots of reasons why I haven't seen Rush live in over 30 years, most of them bad reasons but I'm finally back!

Looking forward to seeing the show, caught bits and pieces last night which was amazing, I forced myself to keep turning it off so it wouldn't spoil my excitement about seeing them perform these songs next month.

My take on the setlist is that it is great, wonderful amazing etc. I'm looking forward to hearing songs live I haven't seen played live and seeing some old friends like Xanadu as well (never have seen them 'not' do this as a full song with the double necks) What I would do though if I had my druthers would be to pare down the first 5 songs of the set from the latest two albums to two, one from each of those albums. If they did that they could include a song each from TFE, Presto, HYF and Power Windows and have this show cover their whole studio catalog.

That's my take but I'm very happy with it as it is.

Losingit2K:

I don't want to be "that guy" but damnit, it's JIZZED not GIST

:ph34r:

Tell me what I missed. Please someone....so I don't have to wade through endless posts to find out which isn't easy with dial up to begin with.

YES and NO.

But the rest of the set more than made up for that IMO.

It was magical Lorraine. Lakeside Park. Anthem. What You're Doing. Cygnus X1. Jacob's Ladder. Prelude. 2112 ATWAS version/

I hate it that you have dial up service. We, the TRF, got to see the concert and watch it unfold. So my advice to you. Find someone, a friend, an internet cafe, anything for tomorrows concert, and just wait. I'll bet the periscope will be done at a large number of concerts this tour. It'll be worth your effort!

It was magical Lorraine. Lakeside Park. Anthem. What You're Doing. Cygnus X1. Jacob's Ladder. Prelude. 2112 ATWAS version/

I hate it that you have dial up service. We, the TRF, got to see the concert and watch it unfold. So my advice to you. Find someone, a friend, an internet cafe, anything for tomorrows concert, and just wait. I'll bet the periscope will be done at a large number of this tour. It'll be worth your effort!

Oh yeah Xanadu with doublenecks. It was out of this world

I can't tell you how I feel right now. Angry would be putting it mildly. I'm sick of always missing out on everything. Everything. I could cry my eyeballs out if I was a crying woman which I'm not.

Thanks, Tombstone. :)

I can't tell you how I feel right now. Angry would be putting it mildly. I'm sick of always missing out on everything. Everything. I could cry my eyeballs out if I was a crying woman which I'm not.

Thanks, Tombstone. :)

Wherever you live, find whatever means available to get to see this.