Narps

Which is it?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. This or that? Studio albums only

• Rush Thru Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures thru Clockwork Angels

I HATE YOU!

making a split between PeW and MP....AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry AFTK, you might be my favourite album, but life without Red Barchetta AND Chain Lightning?

No...had to go with MP-Presto (that was their last album, right?)

Oh, and VT (that was their actual last album, right?)

:LOL: ...

I HATE YOU!

Sorry AFTK, you might be my favourite album, but life without Red Barchetta AND Chain Lightning?

A life without CA, is a great life

• Like 2

I HATE YOU!

yea you Said. it......i actually Wish CA was never puked out.

i sincerely wish it.

Mick

• Like 1

I HATE YOU!

i sincerely wish it.

Mick

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-07Zf2Bj6MEE/UPXbPcL7YfI/AAAAAAAAQVk/D2eafASo9bo/s1600/Cracked+Magazine+011+001.jpg

Placing Moving Pictures and Signals in the latter era shifts the balance for me, though I certainly wouldn't be happy about giving up 2112 and Permanent Waves. ;)
  • Like 1

I HATE YOU!

i sincerely wish it.

Mick

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-07Zf2Bj6MEE/UPXbPcL7YfI/AAAAAAAAQVk/D2eafASo9bo/s1600/Cracked+Magazine+011+001.jpg

Is that a real magazine?

Well, I have to go with Moving Pictures- CA, just love those albums and besides I get the live ones so I can still have 2112, Spirit of Radio etc. :haz: :rush:
  • Like 1

I'm used to consider just the studio albums and I choose the Rush - PeW option.

And for a possible future poll I have already chosen the one including just AFTK - Hem - PeW

La Villa

Cygnus

Xanadu

AFTK

Natural Science

Freewill

Jacobs Ladder

By-Tor

Songs that...

Beat everything that....

Came after PeW...

...and what the heck is that thing strapped to Lifeson on HYF tour?

• Like 1

While the 80s and beyond is all great stuff; it doesn't get any better than: The Necromancer, The Fountain of Lamneth, 2112, Xanadu, Cygnus X-1, Hemispheres, La Villa, Natural Science, plus of a bunch of other incredibly awesome tunes (Cinderella Man, A Passage to Bangkok, Lessons, AFTK....)

Well, I have to go with Moving Pictures- CA, just love those albums and besides I get the live ones so I can still have 2112, Spirit of Radio etc. :haz: :rush:

No lives ones. Sorry... :( Studio only

10 to 10. Interesting and had a feeling there would be a tipping point somewhere. Gonna try one more soon and see what happens... :codger:

I HATE YOU!

i sincerely wish it.

Mick

There's more great music on CA than on the rest of the catalog from PoW on. And it's not really even close.

• Like 1

I HATE YOU!

i sincerely wish it.

Mick

There's more great music on CA than on the rest of the catalog from PoW on. And it's not really even close.

Which makes me wonder, what kind of government experiment BF4000, EagleMoon, Lorraine, Narpsberg, are undergoing. To say the album has infantile lyrics, lame songs, BS production, and is best used as a plate for corn dogs and tater tots, indicates something deeper.

• Like 2

I HATE YOU!

i sincerely wish it.

Mick

Which makes me wonder, what kind of government experiment BF4000, EagleMoon, Lorraine, Narpsberg, are undergoing. To say the album has infantile lyrics, lame songs, BS production, and is best used as a plate for corn dogs and tater tots, indicates something deeper.

The production is not to my liking and I like at least half the songs. I have never mentioned the lyrics before with the exception of the great ones on The Garden just for the record. Its better than anything since the 80's as I have stated as well... :codger:

Yeah, I gotta go with the 1st era of Rush. It's what made me love the band :).

I HATE YOU!

i sincerely wish it.

Mick

The production is not to my liking and I like at least half the songs. I have never mentioned the lyrics before with the exception of the great ones on The Garden just for the record. Its better than anything since the 80's as I have stated as well... :codger:

What songs are not up to par? I'm curious about that.

I HATE YOU!

i sincerely wish it.

Mick

This has nothing to do with "par" but these are the songs that don't do it for me and I mean just me.... Carnies, Seven Cities Of Gold, The Wreckers and finally Wish Them Well (the worst btw in my opinion). Awful that one. The rest are good to excellent by today's standards at least...
  • Like 1

I HATE YOU!

i sincerely wish it.

Mick

This has nothing to do with "par" but these are the songs that don't do it for me and I mean just me.... Carnies, Seven Cities Of Gold, The Wreckers and finally Wish Them Well (the worst btw in my opinion). Awful that one. The rest are good to excellent by today's standards at least...

IMO the only flaw on the album is the backing vocals on WTW...Nick should've went to the mat to prevent those from showing up on the album.

• Like 1

I HATE YOU!

i sincerely wish it.

Mick

IMO the only flaw on the album is the backing vocals on WTW...Nick should've went to the mat to prevent those from showing up on the album.

They are grating without the E....

I HATE YOU!

i sincerely wish it.

Mick

Dude get over it. Your great love is not every other persons idea of a great album.

For goodness sake, it is an album, not a saint being criticised!

• Like 1

Another reason is it gets rid of all you DELIGHTFUL CA fans, lol

Mick

Delightful?

You are crazy lolsies...they drive me mad! Makes me want to smash the album even more.

Another reason is it gets rid of all you DELIGHTFUL CA fans, lol

Mick

Delightful?

You are crazy lolsies...they drive me mad! Makes me want to smash the album even more.

it was sarcasm, lol

i want wanna break a billion copies of CA over their heads.

or just bury them in a pile of CA'S.....like the sound, lol

Mick