You Choose II

Narps

Which is it?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. This or that? Studio albums only

• Rush Thru Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures thru Clockwork Angels

Well it gets a bit tougher. Which part of the Rush catalog would you want to listen to the rest of your life? The rock/prog Rush or the "transitioning" Rush and beyond? I realize that Permanent Waves was the beginning of the transition but I still consider it "old Rush" with Jacob's Ladder and Natural Science on board. It was also a 70's album :LOL: so that is the dividing line in this case.

I know the Rush I couldn't live without and which though there is very much good/great music there in the Moving Pictures to Clockwork Angels choice that I could live without if I were forced to. Good luck... :) :codger:

Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 1

70s Rush plays to their strengths. Geddy is a far better bass player than keyboardist and the synths drown out space for Alex. His solos and playing is integral to the Band's sound. Rush had some left over "prog-magic" on MP, and some more cool juice on Signals, but 2112 -dash-thru-Permanent Waves ;) is an unparalleled stretch in the band's history.
  • Like 1

Rush to Waves

Again i loose MP.......Which is overdone.....and signals......and the 80's records i love

but.........i kill off a WHOLE lotta big ol turds

so i choose that.

Mick

• Like 1

Like last time, voting for either hurts. The first one has less to enjoy, simply cause there aren't as many albums. It's a very lopsided one in terms of material, the last one had 9 albums vs. 10, this is 7 vs. 12.

I will have to part with Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, and most of 2112 for MP-half of HYF, and CP-present.

I get Farewell, Hemp, Perm Waves.

For that ALONE . I have made a choice

• Like 2

I have to say i did surprise myself.

But that second half has so much bad after the 80's........that i can pretty much cut it without thinking...........i 'm serious.

Mick

• Like 1

If I can have MP and Signals...it's an easy choice for me. I'm taking everything to CA!

• Like 1

I have to say i did surprise myself.

But that second half has so much bad after the 80's........that i can pretty much cut it without thinking...........i 'm serious.

Mick

I feel the same. There is no way that Rush - Permanent Waves could be pried from my grubby hands. I would miss the very early 80's some but the trade would be worth it to me... Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 1

Like last time, voting for either hurts. The first one has less to enjoy, simply cause there aren't as many albums. It's a very lopsided one in terms of material, the last one had 9 albums vs. 10, this is 7 vs. 12.

I will have to part with Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, and most of 2112 for MP-half of HYF, and CP-present.

I figure this poll should be pretty much neck and neck for the reasons you have described. 7 albums to 12. It's just a matter of what type and style of music you would rather have forever. I am a 70's guy with all my bands so its easy for me... :codger: Edited by Narpsberg

Narp, I'll have the whole lot! You know I can't choose! :)

You still made a choice.... :rose: :)
  • Like 1

:P Narp - if you did a live shows poll, I'd still couldn't...

Oh wait. I just got it. :blush:

• Like 1

You are sweet. Freewill my dear... :cheers:

You are sweet. Freewill my dear... :cheers:

:D

Oh I get it...the question is "neil's best version of rush" or 'Not neil's best version of rush'

I could have gone that way I suppose... :)

I HATE YOU!

making a split between PeW and MP....AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry AFTK, you might be my favourite album, but life without Red Barchetta AND Chain Lightning?

No...had to go with MP-Presto (that was their last album, right?)

Oh, and VT (that was their actual last album, right?)