Ten Years of Memories - A Stroll Down TRF Memory Lane

Lorraine

On a serious note, maybe what Lorraine describes is why I do spend the bulk of my time in SOCN. There is a pretty strong sense of kinship there...

I did a bit of searching here, and I found it depressing.

There was a lot more cohesiveness and camaraderie here back then than there is now.

:eh: I'm not sure what you mean here. What did you see that was different?

Perhaps Melodic777 was the glue that kept us together back then...

The chemistry was better,

You had to have been around. :D

Go back and read the old threads. If you are perceptive, you will pick up on it.

Troutman is right. The chemistry was better. There seemed to be more solidarity and a real kinship - an all for one and one for all kind of atmosphere. i don't quite know how to put it.

I blame cell phones. And Beyonce.

Could be. :D

On a serious note, maybe what Lorraine describes is why I do spend the bulk of my time in SOCN. There is a pretty strong sense of kinship there...

You are a very tight knit group in there. It is like the good old boys' club. :laughing guy:

There was a lot more cohesiveness and camaraderie here back then than there is now. Up to about 2010/11. After that, I don't know what happened to cause a change here. I even ran into Savage on a 2008 thread. If anyone is interested, he was the same back then too. :sarcastic:

I can't comment about 10 years ago, but speaking for me personally, right now, I feel more camaraderie, friendship and closeness to other members than at any other time during the five and a bit years that I've been here.
  • Like 1

You are a very tight knit group in there. It is like the good old boys' club. :laughing guy:

What do you have against sausage?

What do you have against sausage?

The last time she grabbed it she had to get remarried.

• Like 1

There was a lot more cohesiveness and camaraderie here back then than there is now.

:eh: I'm not sure what you mean here. What did you see that was different?

Perhaps Melodic777 was the glue that kept us together back then...

The chemistry was better,

You had to have been around. :D

Go back and read the old threads. If you are perceptive, you will pick up on it.

Troutman is right. The chemistry was better. There seemed to be more solidarity and a real kinship - an all for one and one for all kind of atmosphere. i don't quite know how to put it.

Yeah, the rookies have no countdown nor subdivisions neither...

;)

I only became a member 8 years ago and have no idea what I did the day TRF first came to be, but I think it's safe to say that I farted that day.

That was you? :o

I remember when Janie said her love for me would never die. Then I told sunny "that'd change if she ever found out about you and I."

Oh, but was her love cold? Would it hurt her if she didn't know?

• Like 2

I only became a member 8 years ago and have no idea what I did the day TRF first came to be, but I think it's safe to say that I farted that day.

I'm surprised you can remember that..! :P

I remember there used to be somewhat of a "rivalry" with the Counterparts forum.

I don't remember a rivalry - the CP forum was a bit more "loose" of an atmosphere. A no holds barred (so to speak) hang out.

We appreciate the moderation here.

Some CPers were a little out there, for my taste, but I belonged to both and I just stayed out of the seedy alleys on CP.

I have some wonderful friends that were way more active on CP than TRF. (Thank God for FB)

referred to as the Biker Bar of Rush message Boards...

• Like 1

We needed a place to hang out, and RR, GG, and 73 got together and built this.

Who's RR?

Do you remember who the first person was that joined after the founding members? And how long it took for this place to start being a happening kind of place? :)

No. i think i was #86 or something close to that so that's why i don't know/ remember.

this place started "happening" as soon as i joined.

:coy:

• Like 1

I remember there used to be somewhat of a "rivalry" with the Counterparts forum.

No rivalry, but there were small groups of people from each board who would have loved a board war. Because, drama.

No rivalry, because we'd have kicked your arses big time!

No rivalry, but there were small groups of people from each board who would have loved a board war. Because, drama.

No rivalry, because we'd have kicked your arses big time!

Oh puhleeze. Anywhere, anytime, tough guy!

Don't you remember about a year ago one of the members here was carrying tales back here from CP? I don't remember the specifics, but all of a sudden we had some CPers registering here and there was a bit of a tiff.

That was the first I ever heard of Counterparts. It never occurred to me that there would be any other Rush forum other than this one. :)

We needed a place to hang out, and RR, GG, and 73 got together and built this.

Who's RR?

Do you remember who the first person was that joined after the founding members? And how long it took for this place to start being a happening kind of place? :)

No. i think i was #86 or something close to that so that's why i don't know/ remember.

this place started "happening" as soon as i joined.

:coy:

And it hasn't stopped "happening" since! :LOL: :yes: :hi:

• Like 1

Don't you remember about a year ago one of the members here was carrying tales back here from CP? I don't remember the specifics, but all of a sudden we had some CPers registering here and there was a bit of a tiff.

That was the first I ever heard of Counterparts. It never occurred to me that there would be any other Rush forum other than this one. :)

That was just a isolated incident. Not really a rivalry.