Hemispheres

Digital Man

Far Cry

The Garden

Working Man

Something For Nothing

Spirit Of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Just popping in to say "sweet suffering Jesus".

Sweet suffering Jesus.

I agree with Far Cry and The Garden. I like those two songs but I do think they're overappreciated

Subdivisions

Analog Kid

Hemispheres

Digital Man

Far Cry

The Garden

Working Man

Something For Nothing

Spirit Of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Sweet suffering Jesus.

I agree with Far Cry and The Garden. I like those two songs but I do think they're overappreciated

Of all of Segue's madder than Mad Jack McMad of Madtown list, those 2 are probably the 2 I play the most. The Garden gives me goosebumps every listen. Still. It haunts me.

• Like 1

Subdivisions

Analog Kid

Hemispheres

Digital Man

Far Cry

The Garden

Working Man

Something For Nothing

Spirit Of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Sweet suffering Jesus.

Of all of Segue's madder than Mad Jack McMad of Madtown list, those 2 are probably the 2 I play the most. The Garden gives me goosebumps every listen. Still. It haunts me.

If these ten songs never existed...I wouldn't mind.

And no one can say it's because many of these are over exposed or overplayed on the radio.

Truth is I just don't like them very much. Analog Kid has a beautiful chorus though.

Subdivisions

Analog Kid

Hemispheres

Digital Man

Far Cry

The Garden

Working Man

Something For Nothing

Spirit Of Radio

Tom Sawyer

You are one different mofo :)

Any Rush fan who doesn't love TSOR baffles me. Just flat out confounds the shit out of me.

• Like 1

Subdivisions

Analog Kid

Hemispheres

Digital Man

Far Cry

The Garden

Working Man

Something For Nothing

Spirit Of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Any Rush fan who doesn't love TSOR baffles me. Just flat out confounds the shit out of me.

I don't hate it...I just think it's the least amazing song on Permanent Waves and nowhere near as great as anything on Hold Your Fire which gets a lot of derision. A fan favourite...but never once has it been one of mine. I can happily play PeW starting with Freewill.

Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Fly By Night

Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

My least favourite song on Moving Pictures.

I bought Moving Pictures blindly not knowing anything about Rush. When I started it I liked it enough...but when I found out it was a major fan favourite and regarded as a classic I scratched my head, endlessly repeating Limelight and Red Barchetta and assuming The Camera Eye was a bigger favourite than it actually is.

Oddly enough my experience of Rush was isolated from any form of hype or fan opinion or radio play...none of the hit songs stood out to me.

When I eventually found out what songs were "hits" I was surprised. I mean...Limelight is just so great I'm still amazed it wasn't the BIGGEST HIT OF THE EIGHTIES.

So go figure...

Oh and I will always be amazed that Wish Them Well isn't loved. It's better than anything off 2112's second side.

What does "over-rated" even mean with respect to a band that has such a divided fan base (i.e. "I hate Hemispheres but love Hold Your Fire" and vice-versa).

:) :ph34r:

No one loves Hold Your Fire. :scared:

My favourite Rush album

• Like 1

What does "over-rated" even mean with respect to a band that has such a divided fan base (i.e. "I hate Hemispheres but love Hold Your Fire" and vice-versa).

My favourite Rush album

51%2BA7NjYEEL.jpg

When I eventually found out what songs were "hits" I was surprised. I mean...Limelight is just so great I'm still amazed it wasn't the BIGGEST HIT OF THE EIGHTIES.

Limelight was the first Rush song I loved, even though I had also heard the rest of Side 1 at approximately the same time.

In America, it WAS a single.. but it didn't make the Top 40. I never understood that.

• Like 1

My favourite Rush album

51%2BA7NjYEEL.jpg

Mr. Nobody reporting for duty.

Hold Your Fire is my 2nd favorite Rush album (Perm Waves is #1). How bout that...

• Like 1

The Garden

New World Man

Available Light

Clockwork Angels

Test For Echo

The Fountain of Lamneth

Red Sector A

Middletown Dreams

Losing It

We Hold On

We Hold On

Overrated?

:unsure:

I like it, but is it even rated?

When there have been discussions of the album and it is mentioned people have said they liked it. The guitar really annoys me.

The Garden

Available Light

The Fountain of Lamneth

Middletown Dreams

Losing It

These are songs that I see revered by people (myself included). Good to great songs, but their status as top songs to see live is over the top, maybe. That's the essence of overrated, to me.
  • Like 1

1. Tom Sawyer (though it may be from overexposure)

2. Red Sector A

3. The Garden

4. One Little Victory

5. Stick It Out

6. By-Tor

7. Force Ten

8. Losing It

9. Earthshine

10. Lakeside Park

When I think overrated I think of songs that the band either really likes a lot or that get a lot of buzz around here as being better than what they really are.

For example I would never include FOL in something like this because, by consensus, it isn't generally rated that high within their discography in the first place.

• Like 1

1. Hemispheres

2. Subdivisions

3. The Garden

4. Between The Wheels

5. By-Tor And The Snowdog

6. Bravado

7. Dreamline

8. Far Cry

9. Headlong Flight

10. Stick It Out

I can consider agreeing with 6-10, but not 1-5

1. Hemispheres

2. Subdivisions

3. The Garden

4. Between The Wheels

5. By-Tor And The Snowdog

6. Bravado

7. Dreamline

8. Far Cry

9. Headlong Flight

10. Stick It Out

I can consider agreeing with 6-10, but not 1-5

Oh wow my older list! By-Tor and Between The Wheels wouldn't be on my list anymore. The rest? Yeah...they all are or could be.

Edited by Segue Myles

Subdivisions

Analog Kid

Hemispheres

Digital Man

Far Cry

The Garden

Working Man

Something For Nothing

Spirit Of Radio

Tom Sawyer

I don't hate it...I just think it's the least amazing song on Permanent Waves and nowhere near as great as anything on Hold Your Fire which gets a lot of derision. A fan favourite...but never once has it been one of mine. I can happily play PeW starting with Freewill.

i get the feeling that you like or love the songs that others dismiss and dismiss the songs that are obviously some of the best as a way of perhaps being different and standing out??? Not saying thay theres anything wrong with that per se, but it seems done for a purpose rather than it just happening.

In the general public consciousness, Closer to the Heart immediately leaps to mind. It's the first song to get repeated on a live release. But no other song that people know about qualify as "overrated" in my mind.

On this site, The Necromancer, The Fountain of Lamneth, A Farewell to Kings, and Cygnus X-1 are the main offenders. I think those two albums are way overrated here.

Tom Sawyer? C'mon. There's a difference between "I've heard a song a lot, so I'm kind of tired of it," and "overrated." You belong to this board, so you're a Rush fan. You don't have to say you don't like Tom Sawyer to prove it. The lyrics are not the greatest, but the song itself is amazing.

• Like 2