Driving Pet Peeves: What Part Of "RIGHT OF WAY" Do You Not Understand?

Principled Man

Some of my driving pet peeves:

* People who back out of a parking spot when they clearly could have pulled forward to exit. That's so weird.

* Drivers who are looking for a specific street or whatever and drive really, really slowly, almost stopping at each intersection looking for whatever street they're looking for. If you are lost, pull over because every single one of us behind you... are not lost and want to get to our destination whilst driving the appropriate speed limit.

• Like 2

8. Texting/talking/jerking off in car and not paying attention as related to above behaviors and others

Are men routinely doing this?!

God I hope not, I was kidding. Judging from some of the texting I believe some are applying for a mortgage.
  • Like 1

I am surprised no one has mentioned my #1 driving pet peeve yet:

When you are driving along at a really nice pace and all of a sudden, some (usually slow) jackass just has to turn in front of you and force you to brake. At least they should move into the next lane over, but no, they stay in yours and in about two seconds you are immediately on their ass with them looking at you in the mirror like you're the jerk. 95% of the time, there was not even another car behind you, so you'd think they'd just wait for you to pass, but nah. That takes too much common sense, I guess.

I used to call this the Cadillac Syndrome. From all of the old people driving boat sized cars.

I have noticed that more often than not, it's an older driver. Doesn't explain it though, because I'm sure this same phenomenon existed back in the 60's.

I am surprised no one has mentioned my #1 driving pet peeve yet:

When you are driving along at a really nice pace and all of a sudden, some (usually slow) jackass just has to turn in front of you and force you to brake. At least they should move into the next lane over, but no, they stay in yours and in about two seconds you are immediately on their ass with them looking at you in the mirror like you're the jerk. 95% of the time, there was not even another car behind you, so you'd think they'd just wait for you to pass, but nah. That takes too much common sense, I guess.

I used to call this the Cadillac Syndrome. From all of the old people driving boat sized cars.

I have noticed that more often than not, it's an older driver. Doesn't explain it though, because I'm sure this same phenomenon existed back in the 60's.

So you don't think they were old people or Cadillacs back in the 60s? ;)

• Like 1

I think I have a sign that reflects off my car that says - you can cut me off, anytime!

Doesn't matter how fast or slow I'm going, a vehicle of some sort is always jumping in front of me.

Do you do this...

If you're in a car with someone and they're driving either erratically or riding the bumper of the car ahead of them... do you step on your imaginary breaks. I do this all the time.

Do you do this...

If you're in a car with someone and they're driving either erratically or riding the bumper of the car ahead of them... do you step on your imaginary breaks. I do this all the time.

Yea I have, usually when I'm riding with someone that has a lead foot.

Friends don't let friends drive erratically. :LOL:

Edited by EagleMoon

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/4167af02c513a254c3b151d0ec00d3bf_zpsxyanjr2d.jpg
  • Like 3

Man, people going straight in the right lane at a stop light... especially if there is nobody else in the other lanes. Drives me nuts. Always happens on the way home from my parents' house. I need to make a right to get to my house and some asshole is always sitting in the right lane... nobody in the other 2 lanes.... sometimes I just want to go in the middle lane and make my right in front of the guy
  • Like 1

Man, people going straight in the right lane at a stop light... especially if there is nobody else in the other lanes. Drives me nuts. Always happens on the way home from my parents' house. I need to make a right to get to my house and some asshole is always sitting in the right lane... nobody in the other 2 lanes.... sometimes I just want to go in the middle lane and make my right in front of the guy

In my town, it's the opposite. There are many intersections where the left lane must turn left, with the right lane going straight or right.

Guess what? People love to ignore the signs in the left lane.....and I love to blow my horn at them!! :laughing guy:

• Like 1

In my town, it's the opposite. There are many intersections where the left lane must turn left, with the right lane going straight or right.

Guess what? People love to ignore the signs in the left lane.....and I love to blow my horn at them!! :laughing guy:

Most of the roads I have the issue at are obviously multi lane... usually left only lane, middle lane straight, and the right lane can go straight or turn right. If you pull up to a red light, nobody in the middle lane, courtesy dictates you move to the middle lane to let people turn right on the red.

I don't have an issue similar to the one you described, but there is one intersection where the right turn lane is right turn only, and people sitting there at a red light to go straight get lots of horns... occasionally they will cause an accident because the people in the middle lane think they are turning and get into the right lane after the intersection to enter the shopping center.

I can't stand it when I'm just about the only person at a given location - I mean, there might be 2 or 3 other cars in a small to mid-size parking lot. Someone else pulls in and despite the fact that there is a WHOLE ENTIRE VACANT LOT with about 65 empty places from which to choose, some of them close to the door - this asshole has to park right on top of me!!! Never fails. And invariably it's some huge piece of shit vehicle I can't see around, so vacating my spot becomes a crapshoot. This is why I combat park - 9 times out of 10, I will back into a parking space. The tenth time I don't do it because the lot is too busy and it's not safe to perform all of the extra maneuvers.
  • Like 2

I can't stand it when I'm just about the only person at a given location - I mean, there might be 2 or 3 other cars in a small to mid-size parking lot. Someone else pulls in and despite the fact that there is a WHOLE ENTIRE VACANT LOT with about 65 empty places from which to choose, some of them close to the door - this asshole has to park right on top of me!!! Never fails. And invariably it's some huge piece of shit vehicle I can't see around, so vacating my spot becomes a crapshoot. This is why I combat park - 9 times out of 10, I will back into a parking space. The tenth time I don't do it because the lot is too busy and it's not safe to perform all of the extra maneuvers.

I'm very anal about door dings, and park next to a median of some sort... or next to a painted section of stripes... that way I can get REALLY close to the curb, or have my tires on the edge of the painted section, so that only 1 side of me will have a car, and there is a ton of room for their door to open fully.

Most of the roads I have the issue at are obviously multi lane... usually left only lane, middle lane straight, and the right lane can go straight or turn right. If you pull up to a red light, nobody in the middle lane, courtesy dictates you move to the middle lane to let people turn right on the red.

I don't have an issue similar to the one you described, but there is one intersection where the right turn lane is right turn only, and people sitting there at a red light to go straight get lots of horns... occasionally they will cause an accident because the people in the middle lane think they are turning and get into the right lane after the intersection to enter the shopping center.

Unfortunately, we have intersections like that, too..... :doh:

Seems to me that this is pretty easy to understand:

172042926_faa39a9f67.jpg

Be glad it wasn't where you were there first, and you have your signal on, and when traffic clears, they pull out in front of you.

That only happens in Illinois..... ;) ;)

And in Wisconsin, everyone drives slow in the left lane. :rage:

"Crusaders". My dad's a crusader.

"I'm driving 5 over the speed limit". So that gives you the right to disrupt the flow of traffic, agitate commuters, and put everyone in danger? I prefer Germany, where the left lane is for passing. Period.

The rules apply in Denmark too, but most people are too stupid to realize it. I'm pretty sure that traffic consists of 90% jerks.

Things in traffic that irritates me:

- Almost nobody knows when to keep right.

- People riding bumpers.

- People looking for traffic at the wrong direction, then taking a turn almost crashing into me or others.

- People who park their car with a trailer on a parking lot, so that nobody around you can leave.

- People driving slow on an onramp.

- Street racers!

I'm sure that when I get a drivers license I won't make any of those mistakes.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, we have intersections like that, too..... :doh:

Seems to me that this is pretty easy to understand:

172042926_faa39a9f67.jpg

Nice car! :D

8. Texting/talking/jerking off in car and not paying attention as related to above behaviors and others

Why the assumption that it's men?
  • Like 1

Why the assumption that it's men?

Must be the "jerking off" thing. :LOL:

• Like 1

I hate when people tailgate me to make me go faster. I'm not getting a speeding ticket for anyone, and the closer you get to me, the slower I'll go.

My favorite is the person who gets irritated because you won't go past the speed limit, zooms around you in a huff, and then you are behind him at the next red light. :smoke:

• Like 2

I hate when people tailgate me to make me go faster. I'm not getting a speeding ticket for anyone, and the closer you get to me, the slower I'll go.

My favorite is the person who gets irritated because you won't go past the speed limit, zooms around you in a huff, and then you are behind him at the next red light. :smoke:

You emoticon is almost perfect. The people who do that are probably doing meth.

You emoticon is almost perfect. The people who do that are probably doing meth.

I live next door to a house full of them. They are renting the house. No matter who comes over there, either their driver's front or rear panels is smashed in. One of them just got himself a little red motorcycle. That ought to be good.