1. 1. Vote for your least favorite album

• Fly By night
    • A Farewell to kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure

Well this was over quick. Voting for A Farewell To Kings next. I don't care what you guys think.

http://i.imgur.com/NJY9TaU.gif

Well, i'm voting for Hemispheres next and I don't care what you guys think :moon:

I'm apologize in advance to Narp

Wherever he may be...he seems to have been gone for several days. :huh: It's just not normal. I hope he's all right.

I'm apologize in advance to Narp

Wherever he may be...he seems to have been gone for several days. :huh: It's just not normal. I hope he's all right.

I talked to him a while ago to let him know we've noticed his absence. Everything's fine, he's off doing his own thing and will be back :)

Well this was over quick. Voting for A Farewell To Kings next. I don't care what you guys think.

http://i.imgur.com/NJY9TaU.gif

Dat's MAH BOI! Liked for voting for AFTK next round AND for the Bender gif

After FBN, Hems.

Even though I know it will stay, it is my least favourite of a mighty fine group of albums.

I can think of 7 albums that can go before hemispheres does at this point

MP, PeW, Hems and 2112 are pretty much the Big Four. A toss-up among those.

But we'll see how it goes...

I am doing a vote fasting for this round in protest of Power Window's un-called for departure. Screw the ignorant. (Good luck to A Farewell to Kings, Permanent Waves, and Signals)

That's not a good enough reason to not vote. POW made it about as far as it was gonna realistically get in this. Of the albums left the only one that it had a chance of outlasting was FBN. At most it would've made it until this round a got eliminated because it wasn't gonna stand a chance against what remains now. Be happy that an album that divides the bands fanbase got as far as it did. It had a good showing in this thing.

For the record, I think POW is a great album and hadn't voted for it at all yet. But if it outlasted FBN, it would've have gotten my vote this round. The remaining albums are just too good.

First of all, I'm not voting, because most of my cares for this poll are now gone. Anyway, I'm always pissed at the reception of Power Windows from the 70s/Anti-synthesizer league of Rush Fans, because it does not get the proper musical respect it deserves. I would like to hazard a guess that if a focus group of random people were asked to do this poll, Power Windows would have been better received, and if music critics specifically did this poll, it would have been received even better. Need I remind everyone that Power Windows was the first album to receive relative universal acclaim from critics. Sure, fans know what they like in their music, but to the critics who know their music theory and really get down to the core structuring of an album, they knew their stuff.
  • Like 1

It's just a bit of fun.

We joke around with other, but surely there's no point in in actually getting worked up over someone else's opinion of an album we like.

If Hemi gets knocked out, sure, I'll probably act all annoyed...but it's not really all that big a deal, right? Just a bit of fun.

PS...Hemi better not get knocked out :rage:

• Like 3

I am doing a vote fasting for this round in protest of Power Window's un-called for departure. Screw the ignorant. (Good luck to A Farewell to Kings, Permanent Waves, and Signals)

That's not a good enough reason to not vote. POW made it about as far as it was gonna realistically get in this. Of the albums left the only one that it had a chance of outlasting was FBN. At most it would've made it until this round a got eliminated because it wasn't gonna stand a chance against what remains now. Be happy that an album that divides the bands fanbase got as far as it did. It had a good showing in this thing.

For the record, I think POW is a great album and hadn't voted for it at all yet. But if it outlasted FBN, it would've have gotten my vote this round. The remaining albums are just too good.

First of all, I'm not voting, because most of my cares for this poll are now gone. Anyway, I'm always pissed at the reception of Power Windows from the 70s/Anti-synthesizer league of Rush Fans, because it does not get the proper musical respect it deserves. I would like to hazard a guess that if a focus group of random people were asked to do this poll, Power Windows would have been better received, and if music critics specifically did this poll, it would have been received even better. Need I remind everyone that Power Windows was the first album to receive relative universal acclaim from critics. Sure, fans know what they like in their music, but to the critics who know their music theory and really get down to the core structuring of an album, they knew their stuff.

Power Windows is a very strong album. The production is very thin in a lot of places, but the songwriting and musicianship are incredibly strong. I like the music itself better in the past few years than I ever have before, too.

I didn't vote at all on the day that they trashed my beloved Hold Your Fire.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

What I want to know is what Tosca can possibly have to do that is more important than manning his polls?

That's right! You have a good point. He started these, and has posted the polls every day since the start of all this mad polling we've been indulging in for the past few weeks.

Maybe he figured ending this poll was okay because it's "close enough, for government work".

:P

• Like 1

1. power windows ain't popular

2. critics don't know a thing about theory

don't get me wrong, I think windows is great but it seems pretty clear to me why people aren't too crazy about it. and it did pretty well in this competition, if you thought it had a chance of beating hemispheres or moving pictures you're crazy

• Like 2

don't get me wrong, I think windows is great but it seems pretty clear to me why people aren't too crazy about it. and it did pretty well in this competition, if you thought it had a chance of beating hemispheres or moving pictures you're crazy

1. This is not a popularity contest

2. A good chunk of critics do know theory, they just don't get into its details, because the public does not understand it. I think to be a good music critic, you should know the basic pop progressions that are repeated over and over.

Again, I think it would have a chance, when the voters are not skewed with the 70s Rush anti-synthesizer league.

By this guy's measure, Katy Perry is better than any Rush album. And actually, that seems to align with his musical beliefs, too.

• Like 1

2. A good chunk of critics do know theory, they just don't get into its details, because the public does not understand it. I think to be a good music critic, you should know the basic pop progressions that are repeated over and over.

Again, I think it would have a chance, when the voters are not skewed with the 70s Rush anti-synthesizer league.

The anti-70's, guitar hating, pop loving cabal, known as "The Deaf", have distorted the results far more than they could have if this was a poll of casual fans and not Rush fanatics.

• Like 1

The anti-70's, guitar hating, pop loving cabal, known as "The Deaf", have distorted the results far more than they could have if this was a poll of casual fans and not Rush fanatics.

I love the synth era, but yeah. you gotta be a freak to dig power windows and hold your fire

I don't think the 90s and 2000s albums would have done a lot better in a poll of rush casuals though, because casual fans don't really venture past moving pictures anyway.

no, it's not a popularity contest, but it only makes sense that fan favorites, which power windows certainly ain't, would make it to the end.

and "anti-synthesizer" describes most of the fanbase, dude.

I was just wondering if it's okay that I'm a member of the 70s Rush Anti-Synthesizer League AND still like a lot of the stuff they did in the 80s and beyond? Because I really do. Signals and Grace are great records. I think Power Windows is great too. And I'd like to say again that if Lee plays an instrument, I'm cool with it. If his fingers are tearing up the bass frets or dancing and diddling on a keyboard, that's great. I just don't like those . . . triggered noises. You know the ones I mean. Those are the synths that annoy me the most. Thanks a lot Ruuuuuuuuuuupert.