1. 1. Vote for your least favorite album

• Fly By night
    • A Farewell to kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure

well what started as "oh no not another poll" has apparently morphed into "when is the next poll starting".

So, will the PoW voters now turn their luddite attitudes to GUP or will it be a pile-on to FBN ?

Edited by toscanobarga
  • Like 2

Like GUP but FBN is a classic. If not for ATWAS it would be indispensable.

Now that the love lite rock is gone, how can we carry on? It shouldn't be that difficult, really. :haz:

It's down to the best of the best, but Signals has the weakest points of all that remains. Electricity, biology, seems to me it's Chemistry...

• Like 2

Red Lenses...works perfectly as an album track. I actually really love it.

I think GUP, MP and PeW should be the top three.

• Like 1

Knock out Fly By Night.

SAVE GRACE UNDER PRESSURE

I'll spare Grace this round, but Signals? Any album with a song section 7/4 war furor deserves to win ;-)

FBN warrants a closer look by fans of all of Rush's great styles. FBN was a gutsy move to a music genre in its infancy. It has five great tunes that Signals has trouble competing with. Anthem, BBB, Best I Can, By Tor and In The End are all great tunes and very important in their power/ progressive development. By Tor, as a long song with many parts should count as three songs when comparing to the short song era. Signals has great tunes- Weapon, Digital and Analog, but not as good in aggregate and not seminal to the bands development.

One of the many things that makes Rush so interesting, besides their huge style changes, is what they were doing in their development became so influential. Power prog didn't exactly take off in popularity, but Rush did/does it great and there are some excellent bands in that genre, such as Dream Theater- that cite Rush as influential.

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 2