Diffrent stages out of print. dag.

nicky6

messed up, not that I need to get it again. but its officially out of print.. God forbid I ever need it again,, quess they only made so many copies. It goes for a lot on ebay and marketplaces.. Never would have thought it would go out of print .

Goodness, no! Where am I ever going to find a live Rush album these days?! :D

Alas, EagleMoon speaks the truth... so easy to get out of print stuff these days. Not only on the internet, but at your local reseller.

As for Different Stages going out of print... not all that surprised. It was a bit of a niche live album that probably only your diehard loons (e.g., most of us here, in this forum) would want.

• Like 1

It's not available from the Backstage Club. It was hard to find a couple years ago, only place I remember seeing it was there. Now they don't even have it.

Remember when it came out it was bundled with that trippy-for-the-late-90's/early-'00s screensaver program?
  • Like 1

Not the end of the world. It's not like Vinyl that can wear out. So long as people take care of their copies, the album will be resold. I have never bothered to buy it due to it's price, and lack of Power Windows material, but it has been sitting in my local HMV (that's our media store up in Canada for all of you American readers) for a long time now, and probably not going anywhere anytime soon.

i remember getting it the tuesday it came out at circuit city and they had a bunch of copies, couldnt wait till i got home to hear cinderella man live and being disappointed at geddys voice. then i found out later. he had a cold.. but still love it anyway..

I bought it just recently (well, within the past two years or so) at a used record shop, for $10.

Yes, I still call them record shops, whether they have any records in them or not!

• Like 1

Here's a great read on Different Stages from RUSH FAQ. If you've got some time, this author brilliantly captures the spirit and importance of this live collection from RUSH.

https://books.google.com/books?id=KM3dAwAAQBAJ&pg=PT125&lpg=PT125&dq=band+rush+live+different+stages+of+chicago&source=bl&ots=LLyOq9Pd6F&sig=jjUISv_NtuI-ixr2fVfQDX1mcyk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CFwQ6AEwCWoVChMI95-b8d3JyAIVBPtjCh2A9A_O#v=onepage&q=band%20rush%20live%20different%20stages%20of%20chicago&f=false

Makes me glad I have a copy.

Setting the stage for a deluxe edition with Molson footage!!

Haha

This is very likely the correct answer whether you were joking or not. Although DS has technically been out of print for a while. Sean, who is seemingly a reliable insider on RIAB, posted this in August of 2013, well before we knew of some salvaged Molson footage being a part of the R40 package:

"Oh, one more thing before I hit bed for the night. I did actually get an answer earlier in the year about the discontinuation of Different Stages and was told that there was going to be a new version of it released with a DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack in 2014. So I am going to guess that this will be some version of the Toronto show they filmed in 1997.

I have a feeling that we have not seen the last of the certifications for the Different Stages album :)" Obviously he was wrong on the year but I think given the opportunity to put some of it on R40 it will still happen in the not too distant future.

Edited by snowdog2112

Technically the date is correct cuze the footage ended up on the 6 disc t 40 package.

So a super deluxe version of DS would be welcomed

They recorded most, if not all shows from that tour so I sure wouldn't mind some similar thing to what Yes did when they released Progeny - Seven Shows from '72.

I think that would be awesome.