Everybody excited about the GRAMMYS?!?!?!?!?!!1111!???

laughedatbytime

So far congrats to Beck for his win for Morning Phase (totally deserved). And great job to Pharrelle for the new rendition of Happy. Here is hoping for a great performance from Beck and hopefully winning Album Of The Year

I just found out that they moved album of the year to the middle of the show, rather than the end. This is very sad, as it shows A: The album format is dying in popularity, and B: They don't really have any pop-notable albums for people to be excited about for a finale (unlike last year with Daft Punk's Random Access Memories). The only really good album up for nomination is Morning Phase, but obviously, that really is not much of a pop album to get viewers.

I watch the Grammy awards to educate myself on the popular music of today. I don't listen to popular music. :eyeroll:

I'd rather be completely ignorant about the popular music of today.

• Like 2

I haven't listened to him since 2002's Sea Changes but congrats to Beck and f**k Kanye West, Beyonce and their spouses as well. Even if it was a joke, it was lame and unfunny. Besides, Diamond Dave did it to Beck at the VMAs before Kanye and was better at it. Also, I love them, but Tenacious D for metal? They're comedy. Should have gone to Mastodon or Slipknot.

Besides, I'd rather watch the new Simpsons and Family Guy episodes instead if I had cable which I don't. I have a new Roku player and Hulu for that.

Edited by invisible airwave

Facebook today is Kanye this and Beyonce that. Crap-tacular. I haven’t seen the Grammys since 1991, and haven’t cared who won since 1983.

Co-Worker: Hey, Mark, you’re a big music fan. Did you watch the Grammys last night?

Me: No.

Co-Worker: How come?

Me: Because I’m a big music fan.

It’s like the Super Bowl halftime show. It may be entertainment, but it’s not music! The artists I listen to have too much integrity and real musical talent to do that shit [enter atop a giant, shiny, mechanical lion, or prance around with smiling beach balls, palm trees, and sharks].

• Like 1

I was rooting for Beyoncé to get album of the year. She took some bold risks and I think she deserved it. Edited by Segue Myles

Judging by the list of winners the Grammy's were utter crap per usual. Glad I didn't watch. I mean, giving a comedy band doing someone else's song the best hard rock/metal award? A new low for the Shammy's. Edited by adace1
  • Like 1