Which guitar solo is the greatest?

YYZumbi

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which guitar solo is the greatest?

I was listening to the album RUSH today, and when I was listening to the song Here Again, it made me realize how awesome the guitar solo is on that song!

So my question to you is, which guitar solo do you think is the greatest one? The one on Here Again or the one on Working Man?

I don't particularly like Here Again, but I love Working Man! Both good solos, though. Working Man has a better solo, but both pale in comparison to The Analog Kid.

I agree...Here Again has bags of emotion...I also think its one of Geddys greatest vocal performances.

^^^ This all day....
  • Like 1

I always pull my guitar off the wall to play along to the solo to Here Again - or at least up to the part where he plays fast . . . I like the Working Man solo, but I haven't troubled to sit down and work it out (there's a lot more shredding type stuff in Working Man).

Definitely Here Again, studio or live.........with one exception.

There is a live version of WM that incorporates the seeds of what would become By-Tor and an extended scalar run added during the long solo that is magical. That 1 night was better than Here Again.

I am getting into the debut more and more, and Here Again is a great song.

Voted for that! The best on the debut in my opinion.

• Like 3

I am getting into the debut more and more, and Here Again is a great song.

Voted for that! The best on the debut in my opinion.

Well done grasshopper.... :ebert:

There's so many solos I love but the one I can't logically explain is No one at the Bridge. What I mean is that it seems simple to play but it must be the feeling he puts into it that gets me.

The mood in the song at that point is sort of a humble unexpected victory (best way I can put it at the moment but hopefully you know what I mean), and that solo absolutely nails it perfectly.

Edit: I just realized this is a poll with two options.. Boy is my face red haha

Edited by MMCXII

There's so many solos I love but the one I can't logically explain is No one at the Bridge. What I mean is that it seems simple to play but it must be the feeling he puts into it that gets me.

The mood in the song at that point is sort of a humble unexpected victory (best way I can put it at the moment but hopefully you know what I mean), and that solo absolutely nails it perfectly.

Edit: I just realized this is a poll with two options.. Boy is my face red haha

I read your post and I thought maybe you posted in the wrong thread. :)

• Like 1