Name one non-Rush album that consistently blows you away

bri-tor

Saga- Worlds Apart. Seamless, captivating album. Used to own the vinyl.

Jupiter VI- Movable Walls. Considering that front-man (and lead honcho) Jimmy Brown II once screamed for thrash outfit Deliverance, this mind-blowing, transcendent auricular experience culls much from old Pink Floyd and other neo-prog acts to tell the story of a man who's adrift and needing a lifeline. He finds it. :)

Will think of some more later.

• Like 1

Saga- Worlds Apart. Seamless, captivating album. Used to own the vinyl.

Jupiter VI- Movable Walls. Considering that front-man (and lead honcho) Jimmy Brown II once screamed for thrash outfit Deliverance, this mind-blowing, transcendent auricular experience culls much from old Pink Floyd and other neo-prog acts to tell the story of a man who's adrift and needing a lifeline. He finds it. :)

Will think of some more later.

Worlds Apart is an awesome album. "No Stranger" is one of my all time favorite songs.

• Like 1

Rust in Peace--Megadeth

Total incineration. Technical Thrash. Amazing drumming. Marty Friedman elevated the entire album.

Dave's an idiot for screwing up a great thing

Haven't heard this album in a long time. I need to get it again.

• Like 1

soundgarden - superunknown

pat metheny - orchestrion

stevie ray vaughn - couldn't stand the weather

the black crowes - the southern harmony and musical companion

alice in chains - jar of flies

• Like 2

Tough...I have a few (and ironically I just had this conversation with someone else on this board)...but I'll have to go with the FIRST album that still blows me away after all of these years:

Queen, A Night at the Opera!

I wrote this for someone or something that wanted a list of favorites and why:

My brother also owned this album, he received it as a gift from a friend. I recall after he got it, hearing him play it and going “OH MY GOD!” At that time Bohemian Rhapsody came on the radio with a vengeance, and broke barriers as a song that no one knew how to edit down to three minutes, so they just let it fly! The fact that I knew my brother had this album, and the fact that I knew what was on it, caused me to steal it from his room when he wasn’t home, and play that track…well as one thing lead to another, I decided that I’d give the rest a listen, and found out that this album is a freaking masterpiece! My brother wasn’t a HUGE fan of it, but did give it the occasional spin, and as he’d come to find out, the album was wearing…and he wanted to know why…so for my next birthday, I got my OWN copy!

When it FINALLY came out on CD, I think it sat in my car CD player for at LEAST a week, then I sat and listened to it on my home stereo.

The close second is Kansas Point of Know Return which is another I need to hear top to bottom!

Both of those albums are epic. I remember the days when Bohemian Rhapsody was on the radio all of the time. It was the ultimate sing-along song.

I also remember hearing Dust in the Wind constantly when POKR came out...

Dust in the Wind was my senior class song. :LOL:

That's kind of...a downer...for a class song.

• Like 2

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8INwxK7N7U0/S1P_MF4ixVI/AAAAAAAAB2M/C4U5CIzkJdY/s400/Frampton+Comes+Alive!.jpg

he got alot of crap for the 'pretty boy' image he got sucked into. unlike the other 'teen idols' he had talent and some serious chops.

• Like 1

Kansas Leftoverture. Every song is good and the production is stunning.

One of my first exposures to prog. As an orchestra geek in high school playing viola, it blew me away that you could have a voilin in a rock band that rocks.

Here's some old school Kansas. Eventually the announcer shuts up.

Only 1 album?? Dang thats bloody hard. Since others have already more than bent the "rule" I don't feel to bad in naming 3 albums (although I agree with many of the albums already mentioned). The 3 I will mention are:

Screaming for Vengence - Judas Priest

Streets - Savatage

Hall of the Mountain King - Savatage.

Pretty much anything by Yes.

Union? Really? In a good way?

http://sc.mogicons.com/share/crazy-emoticon-236.jpg

• Like 1