Would you see a Geddy Lee solo tour?

fraroc

We all know that in 2000, Ged released his first solo album, My Favorite Headache. I liked a lot of the songs on the album, and I feel like a lot of them would have worked good on an album like Vapor Trails (remixed) and maybe even the first Rush album.....My question is...would you see Geddy Lee if he came around with his own band and embarked on a solo tour in places like clubs and theatres? I'd totally see that, especially if him and his band would break out some rare Rush songs that they haven't played in a while....Most likely, I think the set would consist of most if not all of My Favorite Headache, a lot of Rush songs that have not been played in a long time, and maybe a few hits like Tom Sawyer, Spirt of The Radio, Closer To the Heart and Subdivisions.
  • Like 1

I would go see him, if for no other reason because I wouldn't know what to expect. What if that happened to be the night he performed some really cool Rush song? Or if Alex was there and jumped onstage?

We all know that in 2000, Ged released his first solo album, My Favorite Headache. I liked a lot of the songs on the album, and I feel like a lot of them would have worked good on an album like Vapor Trails (remixed) and maybe even the first Rush album.....My question is...would you see Geddy Lee if he came around with his own band and embarked on a solo tour in places like clubs and theatres? I'd totally see that, especially if him and his band would break out some rare Rush songs that they haven't played in a while....Most likely, I think the set would consist of most if not all of My Favorite Headache, a lot of Rush songs that have not been played in a long time, and maybe a few hits like Tom Sawyer, Spirt of The Radio, Closer To the Heart and Subdivisions.

I would have loved to have seen that album toured live, defintely would have gone.

No. He can't sing anymore. He needs Alex and Neil to cover for him.

Um, yes, He can sing extremely well and he doesn't need Alex and Neil to cover for him when he does 90% of the singing.

Just a possible solo tour setlist I slapped together.

SET 1

1. 2112 Overture

2. My Favourite Headache

3. The Present Tense

4. Window to the World

5. Working at Perfekt

6. Runaway Train

7. The Angels' Share

8. Moving to Bohemia

9. Home on the Strange

10. Slipping

11. Still

12. Grace to Grace

13. Closer To The Heart

SET 2

1. Subdivisions

2. The Enemy Within (Part 1 of Fear)

3. Afterimage

4. Beneath, Between, and Behind

5. The Camera Eye

6. Xanadu

7. Chemistry

8. The Analog Kid

9. The Digital Man

10. Entre Nous

11. Dreamline

12. Neurotica

13. Test For Echo

14. Red Sector A

15. Territories

16. Witch Hunt (Part 3 of Fear)

ENCORE

1. Finding My Way/ In The Mood

2. The Spirit of Radio

3. Tom Sawyer

Yay or Nay?

Edited by fraroc

SET 1

1. 2112 Overture

2. My Favourite Headache

3. The Present Tense

4. Window to the World

5. Working at Perfekt

6. Runaway Train

7. The Angels' Share

8. Moving to Bohemia

9. Home on the Strange

10. Slipping

11. Still

12. Grace to Grace

13. Closer To The Heart

SET 2

1. Subdivisions

3. Afterimage

5. The Camera Eye

6. Xanadu

7. Chemistry

8. The Analog Kid

9. The Digital Man

10. Entre Nous

11. Dreamline

12. Neurotica

13. Test For Echo

14. Red Sector A

15. Territories

ENCORE

2. The Spirit of Radio

3. Tom Sawyer

Yay or Nay?

Are you trying to kill him?

SET 1

1. 2112 Overture

2. My Favourite Headache

3. The Present Tense

4. Window to the World

5. Working at Perfekt

6. Runaway Train

7. The Angels' Share

8. Moving to Bohemia

9. Home on the Strange

10. Slipping

11. Still

12. Grace to Grace

13. Closer To The Heart

SET 2

1. Subdivisions

3. Afterimage

5. The Camera Eye

6. Xanadu

7. Chemistry

8. The Analog Kid

9. The Digital Man

10. Entre Nous

11. Dreamline

12. Neurotica

13. Test For Echo

14. Red Sector A

15. Territories

ENCORE

2. The Spirit of Radio

3. Tom Sawyer

Yay or Nay?

LOL!

Ofcourse I would go see him live.. its still Geddy Lee, the best singer and the best bass player and the best keyboard-player in the world we are talking about here! And his solo album is not bad at all, even thou I like Alex solo album more.

Ofcourse I would go see him live.. its still Geddy Lee, the best singer and the best bass player and the best keyboard-player in the world we are talking about here! And his solo album is not bad at all, even thou I like Alex solo album more.

Best keyboardist? Even Geddy acknowledges that he's not that great at keyboards. He does enough to suit the songs but he's no Keith Emerson or Tony Banks.

Yes if ONLY he was playing his material or cover songs of other bands. I would NEVER Want to hear him on a solo tour playing RUSH music, to me it doesn't work or makes any sense.
  • Like 1

Um, yes, He can sing extremely well and he doesn't need Alex and Neil to cover for him when he does 90% of the singing.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m164sc3My41qj09vg.gif

I'd go if it was all instrumentals. Other than that, no way. His voice (which was great up until Signals) is now spent. I still see Rush in concert when I can but I feel his singing detracts from the songs. They have to change the tuning to accomodate some of the older stuff and you end up sad listening to it. Passage to Bangkok?

You know who else has sucked at singing lately? That dude from Soundgarden - Chris Cornell. He is going through the motions nowadays and doing a disservice to his bandmates by giving a half-assed effort. I've seen a couple of televised performances and the dude just isn't giving it up. He doesn't look like he even wants to be there.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m164sc3My41qj09vg.gif

I'd go if it was all instrumentals. Other than that, no way. His voice (which was great up until Signals) is now spent. I still see Rush in concert when I can but I feel his singing detracts from the songs. They have to change the tuning to accomodate some of the older stuff and you end up sad listening to it. Passage to Bangkok?

You know who else has sucked at singing lately? That dude from Soundgarden - Chris Cornell. He is going through the motions nowadays and doing a disservice to his bandmates by giving a half-assed effort. I've seen a couple of televised performances and the dude just isn't giving it up. He doesn't look like he even wants to be there.

Chris Cornell's voice sucked way back on this garbage: