What are you eating Right Now?

Maverick

Korean style mini wontons fried in beef fat from the burgers earlier and dipped in a mix of soy sauce, teriyaki, worcestershire and a dash of tabasco.

Yum.

That's right. You eat like that. The hell with clogged arteries. Healthy living is boring food.

Have another mini won-ton for me and pile that beef fat on.

The best thing about having cancer is that you're dying anyway so you can basically eat all the things you were told were bad for you. :burger: :bacon: :pizza: :hotdog: :macallan: :ebert: :ebert: :ebert:

Do you still have your appetite and ability to enjoy food?

Not much of an appetite, and my tastes have changed. I'm not interested in most things anymore. They told me to eat whatever I want whenever I want it.

Someone told me to avoid sugar because cancer thrives on it, but it's a little too late at this point, and cancer thrives on everything that we take in nutrient-wise and takes it for itself. So what's the point of avoiding sugar. Cancer hoards everything you eat for itself.

Korean style mini wontons fried in beef fat from the burgers earlier and dipped in a mix of soy sauce, teriyaki, worcestershire and a dash of tabasco.

Yum.

That's right. You eat like that. The hell with clogged arteries. Healthy living is boring food.

Have another mini won-ton for me and pile that beef fat on.

The best thing about having cancer is that you're dying anyway so you can basically eat all the things you were told were bad for you. :burger: :bacon: :pizza: :hotdog: :macallan: :ebert: :ebert: :ebert:

Do you still have your appetite and ability to enjoy food?

Not much of an appetite, and my tastes have changed. I'm not interested in most things anymore. They told me to eat whatever I want whenever I want it.

Someone told me to avoid sugar because cancer thrives on it, but it's a little too late at this point, and cancer thrives on everything that we take in nutrient-wise and takes it for itself. So what's the point of avoiding sugar. Cancer hoards everything you eat for itself.

I'm sorry. Just another thing lost that gives one pleasure. :banghead:

:hug2:

It's a nightowl's breakfast time at 13.30! A cup of warm blackcurrant juice, a Karelian pasty plus slices of oat bread topped with cheese.

I just ate what I think was a pink lady apple with peanut butter on it and a cup of peppermint tea. I don't care for pink lady apples. Too sour. MealsonWheels brought them, so I figured I should eat them.

All I ate today is two cups of yogurt with granola and some peanut butter pretzels and a buttermilk biscuit for breakfast.

Just finished a bacon sandwich on wheat with guacamole.

That sounds good. I might try it sometime. I love guacamole on account of the fact that I love avocados. What brand of guacamole did your use?

Lorraine, I think it's a combo you might enjoy. I really don't know which brand my wife used - she buys whatever's on sale. Could have been Sabra, Wholly Guacamole, or I think Trader Joe's has one.

Hope you enjoy it whichever green stuff you choose.

Edited by grep

Paczki.

Did you make it yourself or buy it? How I love that.

My wife bought them, but they had jam in them instead of my favorite, cream. :sigh:

Never had them with cream. I love those things. The more deep-fried they are, the better. A feast for clogged arteries! :)

• Like 1

Paczki.

My wife bought them, but they had jam in them instead of my favorite, cream. :sigh:

Never had them with cream. I love those things. The more deep-fried they are, the better. A feast for clogged arteries! :)

Have you tried angel wings? They're made with dough and powdered sugar. Very tasty.
  • Like 1

Some sour as all sour can be plain greek yogurt. If I didn't put granola in with it, it would have gone into the garbage by now,

Greek yogurt with drops of honey is good, but I like the yogurt plain as well.

I'm eating cold meatballs (not home made) with a cup of Fukujyu sencha. :eh:

• Like 1

Paczki.

Have you tried angel wings? They're made with dough and powdered sugar. Very tasty.

My mother used to make them all the time. Real thick. I liked them thinner. Hers were real dunkers.

I'm assuming you are referring to Chrusciki? The ones I liked looked like this:PolishChrusciki_600.jpg

My mother's were much thicker. I used to sit and watch her make them. She'd rip apart big paper bags and lay them all over the kitchen table so she could drain the cookies after deep frying them.

I'd love a bunch of them now.

• Like 2

Paczki.

My mother used to make them all the time. Real thick. I liked them thinner. Hers were real dunkers.

I'm assuming you are referring to Chrusciki? The ones I liked looked like this:PolishChrusciki_600.jpg

My mother's were much thicker. I used to sit and watch her make them. She'd rip apart big paper bags and lay them all over the kitchen table so she could drain the cookies after deep frying them.

Very popular in Pittsburgh as well! My mom was never much of a cook, or baker, but friends mom's made them and they always had them at church festivals. The Angel wings name is pretty. In Pittsburgh they were always called bow tie cookies. :)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Paczki.

Very popular in Pittsburgh as well! My mom was never much of a cook, or baker, but friends mom's made them and they always had them at church festivals. The Angel wings name is pretty. In Pittsburgh they were always called bow tie cookies. :)

Right, chrusciki or chrust.
  • Like 2