What are you eating Right Now?

Maverick

I`m so full of Yule Log... :rose:

I'll see your Yule Log and raise you borsht, golabki, pierogi, carp, lazanki and eggs. :16ton:

Reading those items is making me feel queasy. I`m practically paralysed on the sofa as it is :doh:
  • Like 2

I`m so full of Yule Log... :rose:

I'll see your Yule Log and raise you borsht, golabki, pierogi, carp, lazanki and eggs. :16ton:

Reading those items is making me feel queasy. I`m practically paralysed on the sofa as it is :doh:

Be glad there's no such thing as Brzeczyszczykiewicz Dumplings... :oops:
  • Like 2

Gravlax.

Every holiday season since I was small, our family did this salmon recipe.

The freshest salmon filet, skin on, you can get (call ahead). Or use two face to face.

Cover it all thickly with equal parts course pepper, course salt and granulated white sugar.

Stuff fresh dill every single way sideways and between (Beneath, Between and Behind - couldn't resist) - lots of dill bunches.

Pack it all tight in tupper-ware - tight!

Put on a tray in the fridge and every day, drain it and turn upside down, again drain and turn upside down for between four and five days.

Scrape off the coating, slice thinly and eat on crackers or little fancy breads with bits of red onion, capers and creme fraiche, or not. It should be soft, melt-in-your-mouth goodness and almost a meal in itself.

Just finished a lot of it, will still snack away for a couple of days. If you like cured salmon, want something different than smoked salmon, then gravlax is worth trying.

(And if you are actually interested, the first two days lots of liquid will pour out. And don't bother with all the internet variations of using vodka, brown sugar, essence of vigour and such. Try it the simple way, and then experiment).

• Like 1

Gravlax.

Every holiday season since I was small, our family did this salmon recipe.

The freshest salmon filet, skin on, you can get (call ahead). Or use two face to face.

Cover it all thickly with equal parts course pepper, course salt and granulated white sugar.

Stuff fresh dill every single way sideways and between (Beneath, Between and Behind - couldn't resist) - lots of dill bunches.

Pack it all tight in tupper-ware - tight!

Put on a tray in the fridge and every day, drain it and turn upside down, again drain and turn upside down for between four and five days.

Scrape off the coating, slice thinly and eat on crackers or little fancy breads with bits of red onion, capers and creme fraiche, or not. It should be soft, melt-in-your-mouth goodness and almost a meal in itself.

Just finished a lot of it, will still snack away for a couple of days. If you like cured salmon, want something different than smoked salmon, then gravlax is worth trying.

(And if you are actually interested, the first two days lots of liquid will pour out. And don't bother with all the internet variations of using vodka, brown sugar, essence of vigour and such. Try it the simple way, and then experiment).

Oh, yes! I love gravlax. I haven't made it myself since I can buy it anytime in the nearby food store, but it will taste better if made properly at home. Gravlax tastes great on top of Scandinavian rye and malt bread or on dark and sour rye bread. It tastes wonderful in pies, salmon cheese cake (https://maalahdenlimppu.fi/en/resepti/savoury-cake-with-cold-smoked-salmon-and-cream-cheese/), salads, pasta, and with hard-boiled eggs. Gravlax can only be beaten by cold smoked salmon.

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 1

Gabalong tea. It's a perfect Japanese sencha.

Oatmeal and buckwheat bread topped with slices of cheese and fresh cucumber.

• Like 1

Im about to eat a Mediterranean salad, gazpacho soup and have some green tea at a place called Le Pain Quotidien steps away from the movie theater I’m going to in minutes in Claremont Village.

Yes, the “tomato soup served ice cold” in that episode with Sir Macca and Linda where Lisa Simpson goes vegan. :lol: First time trying it.

Edited by invisible airwave

Rice.

It's the most solid thing I've eaten all week. Monday I was in a ski accident and fractured two bones around my right eye. Sternum and ribs are badly bruised as well. Friday half my front tooth fell off, to boot.

So it's been soup, pudding and ice cream until now.

Rice.

It's the most solid thing I've eaten all week. Monday I was in a ski accident and fractured two bones around my right eye. Sternum and ribs are badly bruised as well. Friday half my front tooth fell off, to boot.

Ouch! That accident must have been painful.

I hope you'll get well soon, and be back to eating your favourite solid food.

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 1

Rice.

Ouch! That accident must have been painful.

I hope you'll get well soon, and be back to eating your favourite solid food.

Thanks. A week later and I'm eating a PopTart, using the left side of my mouth only. Progress!
  • Like 2