Rush vs Journey

Rushman14

This thread caused Steve Perry to be in my dream last night. He was sitting next to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

Maybe he was going to shake you and wake you up! :LOL:

On a more serious note, I was thinking how much airplay Journey got on the FM stations back then and how little Rush got. Can't help but wonder if maybe some payola was going on. Speaking of payola, does anyone here remember The Payolas, another Canadian band? :musicnote: You've got the eyes of a stranger :musicnote: :)

I remember that! If I recall correctly, it was their only hit.

• Like 1

This thread caused Steve Perry to be in my dream last night. He was sitting next to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

Maybe he was going to shake you and wake you up! :LOL:

On a more serious note, I was thinking how much airplay Journey got on the FM stations back then and how little Rush got. Can't help but wonder if maybe some payola was going on. Speaking of payola, does anyone here remember The Payolas, another Canadian band? :musicnote: You've got the eyes of a stranger :musicnote: :)

I remember that! If I recall correctly, it was their only hit.

You are correct. It was. But they were quite the talented group - did everything themselves - including producing their own album. I think the song came out late 1982 or early 1983.

Edited by Lorraine

Never vote in these meaningless polls, but this is an ideal opportunity to state that Journey are a pile of steaming ordure :-)

Hush up, you!

• Like 1

Aw heck...Journey has taken the lead! Neil Schon has been voting once an hour since last Thursday!

If Journey wins, does it actually matter?

Aw heck...Journey has taken the lead! Neil Schon has been voting once an hour since last Thursday!

If Journey wins, does it actually matter?

no.

Not one bit bud, lol

Mick

I knew it!

expressing your preference for rush over journey makes you a silly fanboy?

My thoughts exactly.

No, to win this vote people were exhorted to vote every hour. That is not expressing a preference, that is expressing an obsession.

• Like 2

No, to win this vote people were exhorted to vote every hour. That is not expressing a preference, that is expressing an obsession.

ball buster.

• Like 1

Rush is in the lead, but not by much. Gonna be a dog fight.

Wow, Rush was ahead 80% - 20% last time I looked. I also did not realize you are allowed to vote multiple times. (Once every hour).

yeah, that's what I thought Tony R was getting at. Not accusing anyone here, but there are people who make Rush to be too much of a priority in their lives. I see posts on Facebook by certain friends and everything they post about is Rush and nothing else.
  • Like 4

Wow, Rush was ahead 80% - 20% last time I looked. I also did not realize you are allowed to vote multiple times. (Once every hour).

Who caress? They voted in a poll....not stalked and killed Journey fans.....gezz.

Mick

• Like 2

Who caress? They voted in a poll....not stalked and killed Journey fans.....gezz.

Mick

I've not caressed anyone. The fanboys caress Rush obviously...

Tony

• Like 1

Mick

I've not caressed anyone. The fanboys caress Rush obviously...

Tony

Mature....but whatever, lol

Mick

yeah, that's what I thought Tony R was getting at. Not accusing anyone here, but there are people who make Rush to be too much of a priority in their lives. I see posts on Facebook by certain friends and everything they post about is Rush and nothing else.

Well...I agree...but then again we all post on this fan forum...

Rush wins? That Rush has more silly fanboys than Journey is surely not a win.

Seeing as how this contest is won by votes... well... yes.

:bitchslap:

My thoughts exactly.

Mick

It doesn't take much to get the fanboys out in the open.

"OMG he's having a go at us for voting in a poll! That's the point of a poll, to vote. Is he stupid? I only voted 240 times over the last 10 days, what's his problem???"

Well...I agree...but then again we all post on this fan forum...

Your post is so brilliant that I wish I could "like" it every hour for the next 10 days....

:baabaa: