Rush vs Journey

Rushman14

That's super easy for me. I don't really like Journey.
  • Like 1

Does anyone know how Steve Perry's voice has held up? I wonder if he could still belt out some of those songs and hit some of those high notes.

He's had some throat problems. My guess is it would be a struggle for him.

Does anyone know how Steve Perry's voice has held up? I wonder if he could still belt out some of those songs and hit some of those high notes.

Sounds familiar..... :P
  • Like 1

:ph34r:

Too funny. I had that one ( :ph34r: ) up at first and took it down.... :)

Must play some more Journey tomorrow. Have been spinning all my favourite albums lately, but Journey are enticing enough to break me away from my comfort zone! Fantastic band, i am looking forward to getting stuck into their seventies releases!
  • Like 2

Must play some more Journey tomorrow. Have been spinning all my favourite albums lately, but Journey are enticing enough to break me away from my comfort zone! Fantastic band, i am looking forward to getting stuck into their seventies releases!

The 70's ones are scientifically proven to be better :LOL: . In all sincerity if you listen to enough Journey, there is no way you could not like them. I am proud of you grasshopper. Sometimes I wish my mind was so open.... :)
  • Like 2

The 70's ones are scientifically proven to be better :LOL: . In all sincerity if you listen to enough Journey, there is no way you could not like them. I am proud of you grasshopper. Sometimes I wish my mind was so open.... :)

Its not that my mind is open, its more that I am stuck in a musical era twenty years before my birth and I need extra help in making wise choices!

• Like 1

Its not that my mind is open, its more that I am stuck in a musical era twenty years before my birth and I need extra help in making wise choices!

At least you picked the right era and have the courage to give things a shot so you got that going for you which is nice.... :)
  • Like 3

Too bad you weren't around back then. You would have loved it.

• Like 2

Take your time,

Music is a life long journey! :cool:

• Like 2

Aww thanks you guys!

Just to give you some background, by the time I was twenty I had accumulated several hundred albums across myriads of genres, and at twenty three its expanded even further AND I STILL have a great musical hunger. I have like 15 old school bands that I am dying to explore. The Who, Moody Blues, Journey, Can, Led Zeppelin, Max Webster, Roxy Music...

• Like 1

ah not even close :)

Nearly my whole collection is filled with bands/artists i wasn't alive for or was to young when they were in they're prime. I'm 29 and i'm still discovering bands/artists. it never ends.

Mick

• Like 2

This thread caused Steve Perry to be in my dream last night. He was sitting next to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

I dreamt I was steve perry and that I put my hand on your shoulder.

This thread caused Steve Perry to be in my dream last night. He was sitting next to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

Maybe he was going to shake you and wake you up! :LOL:

On a more serious note, I was thinking how much airplay Journey got on the FM stations back then and how little Rush got. Can't help but wonder if maybe some payola was going on. Speaking of payola, does anyone here remember The Payolas, another Canadian band? :musicnote: You've got the eyes of a stranger :musicnote: :)