Rush vs Journey

Rushman14

I just remembered another good Journey song - Separate Ways.

Right now I am in the process of trying to load a 4:56 song (Who's Crying Now). This should take at least forty-five minutes. That is, if it successfully loads.

Quick story (hopefully for all of your sakes) that has to do with Journey. When my kids were very young and especially in their teen years(especially my daughter as she is the eldest) I used to play a classic rock game with them in the car. I did this for years it seemed. It was quite simple. The song comes on and I would ask "who is this?". My wife hates it when I ask her and still sucks at it :LOL: . I would say "I'll give you a dollar or two dollars" and sometimes more if it was a really difficult one if they could name the band in one guess. Well my daughter got really good at and especially Journey and Tom Petty. After a while even if she hadn't heard the song before she could name the band. Needless to say Rush didn't come on much but she knew those songs very quickly also. She is a huge Journey and Petty fan to this day and I believe its because of that game and her exposure at a very young age to classic rock..... :)

Gotta raise 'em up right! ;)

• Like 1

Quick story (hopefully for all of your sakes) that has to do with Journey. When my kids were very young and especially in their teen years(especially my daughter as she is the eldest) I used to play a classic rock game with them in the car. I did this for years it seemed. It was quite simple. The song comes on and I would ask "who is this?". My wife hates it when I ask her and still sucks at it :LOL: . I would say "I'll give you a dollar or two dollars" and sometimes more if it was a really difficult one if they could name the band in one guess. Well my daughter got really good at and especially Journey and Tom Petty. After a while even if she hadn't heard the song before she could name the band. Needless to say Rush didn't come on much but she knew those songs very quickly also. She is a huge Journey and Petty fan to this day and I believe its because of that game and her exposure at a very young age to classic rock..... :)

Gotta raise 'em up right! ;)

Just goes to show how you can mold, guide and teach your children all things good and they will respond. My wife however still has her stock answer "Led Zeppelin" to this day 33 years later every time I quiz her and then she just laughs..... :LOL:

What happened to Segue? I hope he's not off crying in his pillow or something.

This is the first time I have heard this song in decades. Steve Perry had an incredible voice. It's a beautiful song. I'd like to get the original album on CD - not any remixed version.

• Like 1

This is the first time I have heard this song in decades. Steve Perry had an incredible voice. It's a beautiful song. I'd like to get the original album on CD - not any remixed version.

Mr Segue is in a far away time zone. He probably has his jammies on and is counting sheep..... :) If you have ever heard their drummer Deen Castronovo sing you could close your eyes and never know the difference. Pretty incredible really.....
  • Like 2

I love my dad, but it was either ABBA or Disney. You were obviously a lot cooler (jealous, much?) As I am sure you have noticed, I am trying hard to make up for my limited childhood!

• Like 1

[quote name=Narpski' timestamp=

03022' post='3157920]

Mr Segue is in a far away time zone. He probably has his jammies on and is counting sheep..... :) If you have ever heard their drummer Deen Castronovo sing you could close your eyes and never know the difference. Pretty incredible really.....

I was cooking dude and dudette! Cryimg

• Like 1

I love my dad, but it was either ABBA or Disney. You were obviously a lot cooler (jealous, much?) As I am sure you have noticed, I am trying hard to make up for my limited childhood!

Cool? Maybe. They are grown now but we still discuss drugs and things from time to time. Hiding sh*t (reality) doesn't help them.....

Ahahaha! There you are, Segue!

All that time spent in loading that song and I can only listen to it once. I would have loved to have listened to it one more time. The last sixty seconds of that song is the best.

Drugs?

Well? I was young once and I was alive in the 60's and 70's (late 70's especially).... :huh:
  • Like 3

Only drug I take is the drug of Love. Lots of it. You take it with Hugs.

:cheers: I think you live in the tunnel of love.... :LOL:
  • Like 1

[quote name=Segue Myles'

p='1400103825' post='3157930]

:cheers: I think you live in the tunnel of love.... :LOL:

Cheers!

Funny story: I once tried to be Goth. Nope. I am waaaay to happy and full of love for everything. Hahaha!

• Like 1

I was surprised segue knew nothing about Journey. They're the kind of poppy cheese he'd eat right up :LOL:

One of my fav tracks

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

About "Who's Crying Now", I remember that being the first track released as a single on radio. I remember it was around August or September of 1981. I got "Escape" that Christmas of course. I remember really loving that song when I first heard it and looking forward to the new album.

I was into Pat Benatar also at that time and she came out with "Fire and Ice" as a single at that time. And Kim Carnes had "Draw of the Cards" out as a single.

Regarding "Escape", I think my fave song is the title track. It has a build up kinda like "Turn the Page" and "Camera Eye" with a big finish.

Edited by circumstantial tree
  • Like 1

About "Who's Crying Now", I remember that being the first track released as a single on radio. I remember it was around August or September of 1981. I got "Escape" that Christmas of course. I remember really loving that song when I first heard it and looking forward to the new album.

I was into Pat Benatar also at that time and she came out with "Fire and Ice" as a single at that time. And Kim Carnes had "Draw of the Cards" out as a single.

Regarding "Escape", I think my fave song is the title track. It has a build up kinda like "Turn the Page" and "Camera Eye" with a big finish.

You're right in the time frame - September of 1981, and I remember buying the album the first week of October. It was one of the few albums I owned that I never skipped over any songs. Listened to it from start to finish. A lot of good albums came out at the time. Remember Ice House?

You're right in the time frame - September of 1981, and I remember buying the album the first week of October. It was one of the few albums I owned that I never skipped over any songs. Listened to it from start to finish. A lot of good albums came out at the time. Remember Ice House?

It seems I'd heard of a group called Ice House, but don't know their material. Also, for Christmas 1981 I got ELO's "Time", which I love, plus Pat Benatar's "Precious Time" and "Crimes of Passion"....and a pyraminx puzzle, a snake puzzle....

It seems I'd heard of a group called Ice House, but don't know their material. Also, for Christmas 1981 I got ELO's "Time", which I love, plus Pat Benatar's "Precious Time" and "Crimes of Passion"....and a pyraminx puzzle, a snake puzzle....

I got married in 81'. Much is a blur since.... :)

Segue, something is telling me inside that you will like the song Who's Crying Now. Give it a listen.

I am so excited to listen to all this. This band is awesome! Haven't been blown away by a band like this for months!

Just listen to ,

Edge Of The Blade and Winds Of March!. That will get you going with Journey. ;)

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

1981 was a good year as I recall. Started 7th grade that fall. Oh, and MTV premiered. Went to see "For Your Eyes Only" (James Bond film) that starred Carole Bouquet, currently in the remake of "Rosemary's Baby".

I loved that little Pat Benatar too, and "Precious Time" is one of my favorite songs.

Remember Ice House?

:ebert:

Ice House were huge in Germany at the time. Hey Little Girl and Street Cafe were big hits here.

• Like 2