Why Are RUSH Taking So Long A Break?

presto123

They owe us nothing and deserve however long a break they see fit :)

Besides, I'm sure with all of the increased female attention Geddy is spending more time with his trainer and wants to be in tip-top shape for us girls. :dweez:

• Like 3

of COURSE.

Mmmmmmm can't wait to see me some Geddy pecs. *nom nom nom chomp chomp*

• Like 2

of COURSE.

Mmmmmmm can't wait to see me some Geddy pecs. *nom nom nom chomp chomp*

R u normally aroused by concave surfaces?

You've mentioned the word "concave" in reference to Geddy's body in another thread. Geddy doesn't have any concave areas, either that or one of us (I'm going to go with you) doesn't know the meaning of concave.

• Like 5

Wow.. people are real quick to spend other peoples time, aint they?

The dudes worked from mid 2011 through mid 2013 on CA and the tour. And thats right after 2010/2011 on Time Machine.

I've been working non-stop since 1994. I had two weeks off in a row once.

• Like 2

The dudes worked from mid 2011 through mid 2013 on CA and the tour. And thats right after 2010/2011 on Time Machine.

What does that feel like? I had two weeks off in a row once because of a surgery. Do people actually take two weeks off for vacations and stuff like that?

• Like 1

I can't stress enough how constantly being g on the road sucks. I know they make the best of it, but being away from home f***ing sucks. I don't care how many fans you got, missing tour family all the time takes its toll.

What does that feel like? I had two weeks off in a row once because of a surgery. Do people actually take two weeks off for vacations and stuff like that?

Rockstars apparently.

Mine was between residency and starting practice. Best two weeks ever.

• Like 1

I get six and a half weeks a year, and I will invariably take two weeks off together in the Summer.

• Like 1

The only Rush albums I consider in anyway substandard are their first three albums :finbar:

Fixed for accuracy

Fixed again... :)

Back to how it was ;)

I have to agree...first 3 aren't very good. Led Zeppelin knockoff with some pre-Tommy Shaw Styx flirtation on COS, no thank you! Apart from Working Man and a couple of songs off of Fly By Night I don't go further back than 2112.

Other substandard albums: anything from 1987-1991. Counterparts was a welcome return to form.

Edited by BowlCity

The only Rush albums I consider in anyway substandard are their first three albums :finbar:

Fixed for accuracy

Fixed again... :)

Back to how it was ;)

I have to agree...first 3 aren't very good. Led Zeppelin knockoff with some pre-Tommy Shaw Styx flirtation on COS, no thank you! Apart from Working Man and a couple of songs off of Fly By Night I don't go further back than 2112.

Other substandard albums: anything from 1987-1991. Counterparts was a welcome return to form.

:unsure:
  • Like 1

For me, the band have never truly released a bad album (though a couple aren't to my taste as muchbas others).

I'm settled in the fact that I know I will never see them live. Let them have a break! Lol

• Like 1

I get six and a half weeks a year, and I will invariably take two weeks off together in the Summer.

I get 6 weeks vacation every year. And if I have a job then a percentage of my paycheck will be held back, and then payed back to me when I take vacation so I still get money. Ah, the joy of being european :D

• Like 1

I get 6 weeks vacation every year. And if I have a job then a percentage of my paycheck will be held back, and then payed back to me when I take vacation so I still get money. Ah, the joy of being european :D

My vacation allowance is at full pay.

I can't stress enough how constantly being g on the road sucks. I know they make the best of it, but being away from home f***ing sucks. I don't care how many fans you got, missing tour family all the time takes its toll.

I agree if you're on the road constantly. When I (and apparently you) were traveling for music it was a little harder than it is now for them. I was calling my wife from pay phones and sinking $4 in a pay phone to make a long distance call for 3 minutes. These guys have skype (the online look/ talk thingy) pictures they can send. They are not nearly as out f touch as I used to be. Plus I was doing doing it for 12 months, no break. If I had a break I was working to support my family.

Again, I have no problem with them taking a break for as long as they need it but I don't think that the road is as hard on them as it was on us. Don't know you, I'm just guessing.

Actually, they can be kinda bad about practicing while on break. ;) I know Geddy's said he might pick up a bass once a week and "fool around" and Alex often won't touch a guitar for a month, and then feel really guilty and binge-practice. Taking a little time off from playing can actually be beneficial; you come back refreshed. You might be a little rusty, sure, but in a couple days you're right back where you were.

The douchebags better release another album by next year or I'm DONE with them.

2017's the earliest you can expect anything

I wouldn't be surpirsed if we got 2 new songs in 2015 and/or a new album in 2016. I would be surprised if we didn't get anything at all till 2017.

I'd be happy with an R41 tour in 2015, no covers please. If another album and tour is provided instead, that's great but make the album shorter guys and it won't take as long. Can't wait to see what they come up with.

Why make the money if they aren't going to enjoy it?

It has to be very difficult for Neil to be away from his young child especially after what happened to his first daughter. Every day away has to make you feel guilty and that you are throwing away precious time.

Every time they go out I'm actually surprised. They must have enough money to live comfortably for the rest of their lives so it must be tempting to just go enjoy it.

I think spending time on tour is enjoying it. :huh: They're taking a break (well deserved) but the most fun a musician has is on stage. If you still can do it (and they can) they will. Not because they need the money. It is what they love and who they are.

The problem is the other 21 hours a day and the days with no shows. Of course they like performing but that's not what touring is mostly made of.

I agree if you're on the road constantly. When I (and apparently you) were traveling for music it was a little harder than it is now for them. I was calling my wife from pay phones and sinking $4 in a pay phone to make a long distance call for 3 minutes. These guys have skype (the online look/ talk thingy) pictures they can send. They are not nearly as out f touch as I used to be. Plus I was doing doing it for 12 months, no break. If I had a break I was working to support my family.

Again, I have no problem with them taking a break for as long as they need it but I don't think that the road is as hard on them as it was on us. Don't know you, I'm just guessing.

He's a long-haul trucker.