Why Are RUSH Taking So Long A Break?

presto123

I saw some really f*ckin hot chicks on the time machine tour, tight leather pants and big asses everywhere, not sure if they were "true fans" or not but I still would've nailed them. completely sober at this show too

I didn't notice any hot chicks at either clockwork angels show I saw, and I WAS high at both of those gigs.

I'm guessing gemini just has very very high standards for women, just like his very high standards for music allow him to enjoy nothing but a handful of rush albums and, for some reason, the police. I can't recall him ever admitting to enjoying other music.

The "high standards" theory sounds plausible.... :)

They should just retire from making albums. Didn't care for CA. Only tune I dug was the Anarchist. Neil's playing ain't what it used to be. Geddy's vocal phrasing is the same thing for every song. Has been for the last 3 albums. Just being critical here. I still love the band. Shame we have to get older. Such great song writers. Back in their day they wrote some amazing music. They created something new, refreshing, intriguing and with lots of substance. They logged in plenty of touring hours through 40 years. It's time for them to do what ever the heck they want. If they called it quits today I'm fine with that. If they keep the machine going that's freaking great.

The one thing I would like to see is an interview of them talking music theory. Talking about their chops and how they aproch writing and playing. How they came about being really good at playing their instrument. How much practice they put in and what age they put in the most practice time and became really good. I'm sure it was all in their late teens and early twenties when all they cared about was playing and practicing. That's what all musicians go through. You have nothing but time to practice. Has anyone asked Neil how he comes up with his bizarre quirky fills like on Natural Science. So unexpected some of his ideas. It's what makes him unique and mr cool.

• Like 2

They should just retire from making albums. Didn't care for CA. Only tune I dug was the Anarchist. Neil's playing ain't what it used to be. Geddy's vocal phrasing is the same thing for every song. Has been for the last 3 albums. Just being critical here. I still love the band. Shame we have to get older. Such great song writers. Back in their day they wrote some amazing music. They created something new, refreshing, intriguing and with lots of substance. They logged in plenty of touring hours through 40 years. It's time for them to do what ever the heck they want. If they called it quits today I'm fine with that. If they keep the machine going that's freaking great.

The one thing I would like to see is an interview of them talking music theory. Talking about their chops and how they aproch writing and playing. How they came about being really good at playing their instrument. How much practice they put in and what age they put in the most practice time and became really good. I'm sure it was all in their late teens and early twenties when all they cared about was playing and practicing. That's what all musicians go through. You have nothing but time to practice. Has anyone asked Neil how he comes up with his bizarre quirky fills like on Natural Science. So unexpected some of his ideas. It's what makes him unique and mr cool.

I agree. I would love to have them put out a DVD like that. Strictly music information. How they come up with their songs and the ideas they get. With gotten a little bit of that over the years but not a huge amount of detail. We hear from Neil all the time ( though not as much theory) but I would love to hear more from Geddy and Alex on that technicalities of what they do. It would be even more awesome if they would talk about everything on one DVD from the first album to the last. I don't think it's time for them to hang it up nor do I think they intend to. But if that were to happen we'd just have to deal with it. I'm hoping that they've got more good music to put out.

I agree. I would love to have them put out a DVD like that. Strictly music information. How they come up with their songs and the ideas they get. With gotten a little bit of that over the years but not a huge amount of detail. We hear from Neil all the time ( though not as much theory) but I would love to hear more from Geddy and Alex on that technicalities of what they do. It would be even more awesome if they would talk about everything on one DVD from the first album to the last. I don't think it's time for them to hang it up nor do I think they intend to. But if that were to happen we'd just have to deal with it. I'm hoping that they've got more good music to put out.

Yep agree with most everything said here.

I saw some really f*ckin hot chicks on the time machine tour, tight leather pants and big asses everywhere, not sure if they were "true fans" or not but I still would've nailed them. completely sober at this show too

I didn't notice any hot chicks at either clockwork angels show I saw, and I WAS high at both of those gigs.

I'm guessing gemini just has very very high standards for women, just like his very high standards for music allow him to enjoy nothing but a handful of rush albums and, for some reason, the police. I can't recall him ever admitting to enjoying other music.

Hi again, Bath. Yes I like other types of music, but know I will be scrutinized by admitting so! I'm snowed-in and bored, so here we go in no special order:

60s/70s/80s rock, esp early VH/Nugent/Boston, Eagles/Walsh, Hendrix, FM, elo, Elton, et al

70s/80s pop

80s electronic/techno music

Disco/70s soul/r&b (come at me, bro! :)

Roots reggae

Whew, I think thats it..

Edited by GeminiRising79

I wouldn't worry either. But then again I'm used to waiting for Tool to do something and that really pushes your patience. ;)

Seriously - it's like waiting for a new Tears for Fears album. Five or more years is somewhat standard.

You've actually waited for a Tears for Fears album?

• Like 2

Never seen a hottie at a Rush show, never will. And I'm sure Alex and Ged aren't ever having any internal conflicts about tapping some meet n' greeter.

Wow you are a bigger a-hole than I ever imagined.

• Like 1

Go get ‘em, Gangst…

There are TONS of seriously hot women at Rush concerts. Gangster goes to see the shows, for starters…

• Like 1

Go get ‘em, Gangst…

There are TONS of seriously hot women at Rush concerts. Gangster goes to see the shows, for starters…

Gemini in no way would find me hot. He's the kind of guy that will vomit if any woman he's dating gets one stretch mark or a whitehead, or has a body fat percentage over 6%, maybe even lower.

Go get ‘em, Gangst…

Gemini in no way would find me hot. He's the kind of guy that will vomit if any woman he's dating gets one stretch mark or a whitehead, or has a body fat percentage over 6%, maybe even lower.

I'm steeply inclined toward Asian women, fyi

Go get ‘em, Gangst…

Like I said...

Go get ‘em, Gangst…

I think your beautiful!! :ebert:

Go get ‘em, Gangst…

Like I said...

You're Vietnamese, correct? ;)

Go get ‘em, Gangst…

Like I said...

Nope, just another potential meet n' greeter that Geddy and Alex wouldn't have any internal conflict about tapping.

Go get ‘em, Gangst…

Like I said...

Nope, just another potential meet n' greeter that Geddy and Alex wouldn't have any internal conflict about tapping.

Conflict about Tapping - the new novel by Gangsterfurious...

• Like 1

Go get ‘em, Gangst…

Like I said...

Maybe fapping?