Is RUSH better than the Beatles

losingit2k

108 members have voted

1. 1. Is RUSH Better than The Beatles

• Yes
    • No
    • The Same

But Rock music is generational . Lennon and Mcartney name someone like Chuck Berry as an influence.. I think you'd be hard pressed to find many modern players who rave about Chuck Berry.. !

The importance of Chuck Berry on modern music CANNOT be overstated.

Absolutely. He's a legend, and one of the forefathers of rock guitar playing. But someone who's into the say, Eddie Van Halen style of guitar playing might not be too jazzed about Chuck Berrys style..not better, just from completely different worlds.

So is there a Fred explanation or did Coventry just completely not know what the f**k he/she was talking about?

If you'd read the earlier posts, I explained it there, but to make you happy, I think discussing Talking Heads made me think also of the B-52's and thus Fred Schneider and so I spoonerismed (of sorts) the two singers.

But please go ahead and believe I don't know what the f**k I'm talking about if it makes you feel better.

It's definitely an lol moment when you get someone rambling on about how awesome a band is and they can't get the names right. You can't be involved in a discussion at any level without acting like a bit of an ass so I will try to avoid further interactions.

But Rock music is generational . Lennon and Mcartney name someone like Chuck Berry as an influence.. I think you'd be hard pressed to find many modern players who rave about Chuck Berry.. !

Agreed. There would be no modern music in the world at all if he didn't live.

Wait, did I just...

Agreed. There would be no modern music in the world at all if he didn't live.

Wait, did I just...

I LOL'd

So is there a Fred explanation or did Coventry just completely not know what the f**k he/she was talking about?

If you'd read the earlier posts, I explained it there, but to make you happy, I think discussing Talking Heads made me think also of the B-52's and thus Fred Schneider and so I spoonerismed (of sorts) the two singers.

But please go ahead and believe I don't know what the f**k I'm talking about if it makes you feel better.

It's definitely an lol moment when you get someone rambling on about how awesome a band is and they can't get the names right. You can't be involved in a discussion at any level without acting like a bit of an ass so I will try to avoid further interactions.

Thank you; I was about to say the same of you. Enjoy your little "lol" moments

I can't believe no one has mentioned Marvin Berry. This is bullshit!

http://electronicwarriorpoet.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/marvin-berry.jpg

I want to use my DeLorean to prevent this thread from ever have happening. Perhaps I could lock losingit2k in a car trunk at the EXACT time this thread was created
  • Like 1

I want to use my DeLorean to prevent this thread from ever have happening. Perhaps I could lock losingit2k in a car trunk at the EXACT time this thread was created

This demonstrates precisely how time travel can be used, and why the time machine must not be destroyed, after we straighten all of this out.

Oh, and Johnny, be careful around that losingit2k character. He's got a few short circuits in his bionic implants.

This demonstrates precisely how time travel can be used, and why the time machine must not be destroyed, after we straighten all of this out.

Oh, and Johnny, be careful around that losingit2k character. He's got a few short circuits in his bionic implants.

I was once successful in altering the present by changing the past. losingit2k had made 26 "Alphabet Tour Setlist" threads whereby he'd list a Rush tour setlist that would consist of songs beginning with a specific letter of the alphabet. For tours in which there weren't enough Rush songs to fill the setlist, he filled them with his own ideas of what a Rush song title might be for that specific letter.

For example, The "X Alphabet Rush Tour Setlist" had songs like:

- Xanadu

- Xenophobe

- X is Stencil

- Xanadu (acoustic version)

- XYZ

- XY Chromosome

- Xanadu (with strings and drum solo)

- XXX (The gangbang of goats)

It was a f***ing nightmare. Traveling back in time and preventing him from posting all 26 of those threads was the greatest thing that I've done for this universe's TRF.

I was once successful in altering the present by changing the past. losingit2k had made 26 "Alphabet Tour Setlist" threads whereby he'd list a Rush tour setlist that would consist of songs beginning with a specific letter of the alphabet. For tours in which there weren't enough Rush songs to fill the setlist, he filled them with his own ideas of what a Rush song title might be for that specific letter.

- Xanadu

- Xenophobe

- X is Stencil

- XYZ

- XY Chromosome

It was a f***ing nightmare. Traveling back in time and preventing him from posting all 26 of those threads was the greatest thing that I've done for this universe's TRF.

couldn't have gone back and killed hitler as a teenager or something?

- Xanadu

- Xenophobe

- X is Stencil

- XYZ

- XY Chromosome

Killing is easy. You try and stop losingit2k from making a setlist thread (let alone 26 of them) and tell me how easy it is. A simple 'Thanks' would've sufficed. Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Wow, this poll is like the deleted scene from "Pulp Fiction" where Uma Thurman asks John Travolta who he likes better-Elvis or the Beatles. VH1 once did a piece about the differences between The Who and Led Zeppelin. The answers were right on-you could love them equally but for entirely different reasons. Better is certainly the operative word. Try telling someone from Brazil our NFL is better than soccer. So whoever you like better, so be it. But just curious-give this poll to a bunch of music critics. What do you think the results would be?

- Xanadu

- Xenophobe

- X is Stencil

- XYZ

- XY Chromosome

Killing is easy. You try and stop losingit2k from making a setlist thread (let alone 26 of them) and tell me how easy it is. A simple 'Thanks' would've sufficed.

thanks... :eh:

Wow, this poll is like the deleted scene from "Pulp Fiction" where Uma Thurman asks John Travolta who he likes better-Elvis or the Beatles. VH1 once did a piece about the differences between The Who and Led Zeppelin. The answers were right on-you could love them equally but for entirely different reasons. Better is certainly the operative word. Try telling someone from Brazil our NFL is better than soccer. So whoever you like better, so be it. But just curious-give this poll to a bunch of music critics. What do you think the results would be?

shoot, give this poll to the members of Rush and what do you think the results would be? same answer. ;)

shoot, give this poll to the members of Rush and what do you think the results would be? same answer. ;)

Give this poll to a Murder of Crows and what do you think the result would be? :codger:

They are different from each other. One is not better or worse. They parallel in greatness. That is all you need to know. Other than that it is just personal opinion.
  • Like 3

- Xanadu

- Xenophobe

- X is Stencil

- XYZ

- XY Chromosome

Killing is easy. You try and stop losingit2k from making a setlist thread (let alone 26 of them) and tell me how easy it is. A simple 'Thanks' would've sufficed.

thanks... :eh:

The Alphabet RUSH tour setlist:

Set 1:

Anthem

Big Money

Caravan

Distant Early Warnings

Entre Nous

Freewill

Ghost of a Chance

Headlong Flight

In the Mood

Set 2:

Jacob's Ladder

Kid Gloves

Limelight

Marathon

Natural Science

One Little Victory

Prime Mover

Quantum Physics (Drum Solo)

Red Barchetta

Subdivisions

Tom Sawyer

Under the Shadow (Part II of the Necromancer)

Vital Signs

Encore:

Working Man

Xanadu

YYZ-

(Zoolander Outro Video )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYCmhHFhopA

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 4

Oh and I had to go back and look .. The Beatles have 18 cover songs within their first 4 albums..what's up with that!

Two albums a year, original singles (A & B sides) not included on those albums (in the UK), touring around the world and a feature film.

Oh and I had to go back and look .. The Beatles have 18 cover songs within their first 4 albums..what's up with that!

Two albums a year, original singles (A & B sides) not included on those albums (in the UK), touring around the world and a feature film.

No excuse.

No excuse.

Yeah, what a bunch of spoiled kids.

No excuse.

So before the Beatles helped change the standard of bands writing their own material, they should have followed that standard? What rock history are you only privy to?

• Like 1