What Album Songs MUST You Hear Together?

Principled Man

Tool - Disposition/Reflection/Triad, Ænema/(-)Ions/Third Eye, Vicarious/Jambi

Rush - Circumstances/The Trees/La Villa Strangiato, Leave That Thing Alone/Cold Fire/Everyday Glory, Grand Designs/Manhattan Project

Porcupine Tree - My Ashes/Anesthetize/Sentimental, Siren/Small Fish/Burning Sky/Fadeaway

Opeth - Closure/Hope Leaves, The Grand Conjuration/Isolation Years

Iron Maiden - Caught Somewhere in Time/Wasted Years/Sea of Madness, The Wicker Man/Ghost of the Navigator/Brave New World

Katatonia - Brave/Murder/Day

Dream Theater - The Root of All Evil/The Answer Lies Within/These Walls/I Walk Beside You

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's>With a Little Help from My Friends

Pink Floyd - Brain Damage>Eclipse

Allman Brothers - Blue Sky>Little Martha

Black Crowes - Ballad in Urgency>Wiser Time

Springsteen - Meeting Across the River>Jungleland

Camel - Aristillus>Song Within a Song

Chris Squire - Hold Out Your Hand>You By My Side

Bowie - Eight Line Poem>Life on Mars?

Dinosaur Jr. - Sludgefest>The Lung

Jackson Browne - Take it Easy>Our Lady of the Well

Red House Painters - Mistress>Mother>Strawberry Hill>Brown Eyes

Queen - We Will Rock You/ We Are The Champions

Each of these songs cannot be played without the other. Otherwise, it's just weird. Much like the afore-mentioned Heartbreaker/ Living Loving Maid mix. I once heard Heartbreaker on the radio played by itself. It just felt incomplete.

• Like 2

Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antarctica the whole album pretty much needs to be played in sequence, but one section in particular stands out: Tiny Cities > A Different City > The Cold Part > Alone Down There > The Stars are Projectors

Wishbone Ash - Warrior > Throw Down the Sword

The Cars - Moving in Stereo > All Mixed Up

Blue Oyster Cult - Workshop of the Telescopes > Redeemed, Lips in the Hills > Unknown Tongue, Cagey Cretins > Harvester of Eyes > Flaming Telepaths > Astronomy

Bob Seger - Traveling Man > Beautiful Loser

Cheap Trick - Time is Running > Saturday at Midnight

Chicago - the whole Ballet for a Girl In Buchannon suite, It Better end Soon suite, Hanky Panky > Life Saver

The Cure - the whole Disintegration album

The Darkness - Givin' Up > Stuck in a Rut

Dinosaur Jr. - Kracked > Sludgefeast, Blowing It > I Live for that Look

Elton John - Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding of course this is all one track so you will never hear them seperate, but this is a pretty ultimate song combo.

Oh and being that I've been on a big Grateful Dead kick lately I gotta add Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain, China Cat Sunflower > I know you Rider, Help on the Way > Slipknot! > Franklin's Tower

Yes: Your Move / I've Seen All Good People

Judas Priest: Dreamer Deceiver / Deceiver Epitaph / Island Of Domination :haz:

• Like 1

I thought of another one for me from a recent album I bought. From Daft Punk's Discovery I have to hear One More Time/Aerodynamic together. Quite appropriately the two tracks were fused together on their live album Alive 2007.

I'm still listening to Clockwork Angels as a whole album. If I have my whole music library on shuffle and a Clockwork Angels song comes on I always have to either turn it off and not listen to it, or I have to take the shuffle off and start the album from the beginning.
  • Like 1

Billy Joel - Until The Night/52nd Street (52nd Street)

OK, that's weird to me, because I find Until the Night to be a great album closer and 52nd Street feels tacked on.

I've permanently altered my 52nd Street playlist to have the title track lead into the non-radio hits / "barrio side", as I call it: Zanzibar, Rosalinda's Eyes, Half A Mile Away, and finally, Until the Night.